• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Light

Iliad_LSKA

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
ICOW#442
Melee Light

Intro

Hey! I just wanted to quickly talk about Melee Light for those who do not know about it. Probably nobody will see this, but I will post it anyways.

Melee Light
Melee Light is basically a web version of Melee. It only has versus mode, training, target test, and target test stage builder, (more on that later). It doesn't require flash, so it works with no issues. I know using a GameCube Controller works with the game, but I don't know how to use it, (I just use the keyboard). The only playable characters are Jigglypuff, Fox, and Marth. There are also only a handful of stages. The characters are plain silhouettes as well. There is no multiplayer unfortunately, but you can play against computers. As far as I know, development stopped a few years ago, as no new characters have been added in a long while. The URL for the game is "https://ikneedata.com/meleelight.html". I highly suggest playing the game during school if you have a laptop and the website isn't blocked for you.

Developer Version
If you go to the URL, "https://ikneedata.com/meleelightdev.html", you will go into the developer version of Melee Light. This version of the game includes Falco, and some more stages including Final Destination and Fountain of Dreams. It is worth noting that in the developer version, jumping with the "W" key while going left with the "A" key doesn't work. Also, the Falco CPU doesn't really work well. This version of the game is great for using Falco but it's also a little buggy.

Target Test and Target Test Stage Builder
The game features robust Target Test modes. There are several stages, and you can build your own stages to share with others. I am not that much into target test, but for those who are, this game is great. Sorry, I do not know much about these modes.

Conclusion
I do not know how many people know about Melee Light. Maybe everyone knows this already... However, I still think it is worth posting this. If anyone else has more knowledge on Melee Light, please share in this thread.

Last edited:
Top Bottom