• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee in May (West Michigan Monthly) - May 9th, 2013 - Holland, Michigan

lotor611

Smash Journeyman
Help kick off the spring season with the next installment of West Michigan's Melee Monthlies!
Our monthlies bring Holland area, Grand Valley players, Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids and more together. We are growing and new players are always welcome.

The venue is right in the middle of Holland's small Downtown area. Good view and places to eat everywhere. This event is a good warm up for anyone that goes to the Grand Rapids monthly tournaments or the Sweet series or even Lake Effect !! which is later that month.
Lets build up West Michigan. As always, Melee is the focus. But bring any smash game you want. Happy Smashing!

VENUE RULES:
-$5 for singles (but friendlies also go on all day)
-4 stock, 8 minute time limit, items OFF, friendly fire ON.
-Sets are 3 out of 5. First stage is Random from Pool A and then rest of picks are from Pool A or B.
-Stage striking is allowed if agreed upon and must follow a "1,2,2,1" format.
-Each player may have one stage ban if both players agree

STAGE LIST:
Pool A is
FD
BF
FoD
DL 64
Yoshi's Story
Pokemon Stadium

Pool B is
Corneria
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Mute City
DK 64

Address: 52 1/2 East 8th st. Holland, Mi 49423

Jawsome

Smash Apprentice
I will most likely be here for this. You should have a side PM event. It'll add so much hype and might get more interest on people to come out. Plus it'll be over 2.5 which will be soooooo awesome!!!

dbattleground

Smash Rookie
Digital Battleground Keeps You Linked

This is Greg...creator and owner of Digital Battleground. What once was just a simple gaming league has now now transformed into a major HUB for Michigan Gamers to find tournaments in our Great Lakes State.

We added your event to our MI LAN Calendar at dbattleground.com to go slong with our nice list of gaming tournaments being held in Michigan.

Check it out when you get a chance

lotor611

Smash Journeyman
his post contains DIRECTIONS to the Smashfest: Even though the listed address is 8th Street, you will want to park on 9th street to come in thru the back door. The venue is right in the heart of downtown holland. it is ABOVE a sandwich shop called the CITY DELI. If you are facing the rear of the city deli, the place to play smash is up the stair case to the left of City Deli's Rearside. call Cody for further details at 616-302-7696. See you there!

SophyBer

Smash Apprentice
I will most likely be here for this. You should have a side PM event. It'll add so much hype and might get more interest on people to come out. Plus it'll be over 2.5 which will be soooooo awesome!!!
I'd likely be attending with Jawsome and with that said between Jawsome and I we've got at least a good five friends that would be interested in showing up to these events.

lotor611

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for showing interest, SophyBer! Hope to see you in the future. Our first event that happened earlier this week on Janauary 7th was a big success. Lots of good players :) and fun times. Our next event will be held on February 11th. I just have to figure out if i have to make an all new event for this or just change the date on this existing page. Any advice?

Ultrasatanicus

Smash Rookie
Speaking as someone who has attended one of BBQ's smash fests in the past, I can tell you it'll definitely be a good time :)

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I do not currently play Melee, but I really like all the hype you guys are bringing out. Best of luck. I may start stopping by for these :falconmelee:

lotor611

Smash Journeyman
Sure. Stop by :) brawl and Project M welcome. These monthlies are always just about the good time of smash. And improving our games. If these Events get bigger, we will have tournies soon :)

:phone:

Top Bottom