• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Gecko Codes + Guide and Discussion

NNID
dansalvato
Really interested in this. How/where do I get AR? Could I download it and use it somehow with a modded wii?
I believe the codes can be converted and used with a modded Wii, but I haven't looked into this so feel free to do your own research and report back. Gecko OS might be able to do it.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Sorry, I added a link to GCNCrypt to the original post. you use that to convert these codes into AR codes. Yes, the code toggles between normal and fixed camera. Do you want me to add more camera modes? It's quite easy to do.
I didn't want it to toggle between normal and fixed (though that may be easier than swapping between fixed and regular Melee). I was hoping you'd be able to change the zoom of fixed camera mode. So like when I am practicing with the Name Entry glitch and I do fixed camera mode on DL, it is zoomed really far out. On regular mode, it is zoomed really far in. If I could press right on the D-pad to make the fixed camera zoom closer but still stay fixed, it would be helpful. Sort of like Camera Mode, but I don't want to have to use a second controller to set up the zoom every time. Just pressing left or right on the D-pad to adjust the zoom by 5% or something would be easier. It's not a big deal if it's super complicated. I just thought it might have a fairly simple solution since I saw on the SSBMO website about how you changed the camera to deal with widescreen.

NNID
dansalvato
I didn't want it to toggle between normal and fixed (though that may be easier than swapping between fixed and regular Melee). I was hoping you'd be able to change the zoom of fixed camera mode. So like when I am practicing with the Name Entry glitch and I do fixed camera mode on DL, it is zoomed really far out. On regular mode, it is zoomed really far in. If I could press right on the D-pad to make the fixed camera zoom closer but still stay fixed, it would be helpful. Sort of like Camera Mode, but I don't want to have to use a second controller to set up the zoom every time. Just pressing left or right on the D-pad to adjust the zoom by 5% or something would be easier. It's not a big deal if it's super complicated. I just thought it might have a fairly simple solution since I saw on the SSBMO website about how you changed the camera to deal with widescreen.
Ah, I see. I might have a camera zoom variable somewhere, so if that's the case then I'll make that change.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
AI is something that would take too much work at the moment. I also can't make the HRC stage longer because it's actually a stage, not a simple change in code. Stages aren't my thang, ask Milun. =P
Well the optimal solution would be for Nana to skip the AI mode altogether, don't know if that requires any AI work. She just needs to continue following commands as she always does, even when she grabs something.
If it's possible to isolate "grab-AI" from "too-far-away-from-Popo-AI" then great, but as long as she doesn't start thinking for herself when grabbing I'm happy.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
What's the likelihood of being able to make Falcon/Ganon side-b grab the ledge?

:3

NNID
dansalvato

This is possible but I don't really feel like looking into it.

If you guys want help with SDR then I can teach you what I know about Melee's code. Unlike Brawl, all action states are baked into Melee's executable so there's no easy way of editing them.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
do you think you could look into the shield thing please?

phish-it

Smash Champion

http://youtu.be/Mhj8qzOPWo0

I don't think it's possible to change a character's ledge grab range during certain attacks.

The Blue box above his head (and red if he's facing left) are the ranges of where a character can grab a ledge if they are in range and aren't They change shape slightly depending on the how the shape of the character moves. ( I don't know how to adjust this yet either)

The reason why Fox and Falco can sweetspot their side B is because the animation ends quick; there is no awkward falling motion before the special free fall.

magikoopa

Smash Rookie
Would it be possible to make a code to allow jump OOS for Yoshi? Or is this already in existence?

Thanks

Sacredtwin11

Smash Apprentice
On the shield thing, could you make it so that it acts like invicibility? So you can practice shine-grabs or mixups into grabs without wasting time.

NNID
dansalvato
You can convert these codes to other versions using a converter.
I wasn't aware such a thing existed. Are you sure of this?

On the shield thing, could you make it so that it acts like invicibility? So you can practice shine-grabs or mixups into grabs without wasting time.
While this is possible, the effort it would take versus the convenience it would provide makes it not worth it to me.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Would it be possible to have hitbox bubbles just permanently active (the debug menu option)?
If you cancel shine on the very first possible frame, a flash?
Phantasm/Illusion briefly flash on the first frame where they can be shortened

Morin0

Smash Lord
Oh. My mistake, I don't think there's a program that converts codes into other versions. But, I do know that Chain-Ace created a program a while back that easily converts the version of a Melee ISO into another version.

So I guess in theory you can change your 1.0 ISO to 1.2 and you are able to use these codes. But, you want to use the 1.2 codes in 1.0 so for that, someone has to manually do it. Sorry about that :p

:phone:

dkuo

Smash Lord
idk this might already be a code but...start match with bunny hood/metal box that doesn't wear off <_<

iffy525

Smash Apprentice
argh. I'm having trouble making .gct files out of these for Ocarina. I'm trying to use both the widescreen support and the flash on l-canceling codes. Does anyone have any insight?

NNID
dansalvato
argh. I'm having trouble making .gct files out of these for Ocarina. I'm trying to use both the widescreen support and the flash on l-canceling codes. Does anyone have any insight?
I haven't tried it, but see if this helps: http://dl.qj.net/wii/homebrew/gcn-ar-to-wiird-codetype-converter-v09.html

Would it be possible to have hitbox bubbles just permanently active (the debug menu option)?
I'll write a code that allows you to enable/disable hitbox bubbles regardless of game mode. The other two would take too much work.

NNID
dansalvato
Yeah I use that. A problem is when I try to convert your widescreen code, it comes back with nothing.
The widescreen code should be identical on both consoles. Use this to put it into a gct: http://geckocodes.org/index.php?gct=
Melee's Title ID is GALE01

EDIT: The flash on L-cancel code should actually be identical as well. Are you sure you're running Melee v1.02?

rokimomi

Smash Lord
so infinite shield is a no go?

also, wouldn't a flash on a missed L-cancel be more useful than a flash on every L-cancel you get?

A few others:
forcing cpu to change into and stay as shiek in vs
some sort of button to select the FoD platform heights <- sounds painful to make tho

Also, I presume this isnt the place to take training mode AI additions (like a dashdance mode or a run up and wavedash back mode)?

NNID
dansalvato
so infinite shield is a no go?

also, wouldn't a flash on a missed L-cancel be more useful than a flash on every L-cancel you get?

A few others:
forcing cpu to change into and stay as shiek in vs
some sort of button to select the FoD platform heights <- sounds painful to make tho

Also, I presume this isnt the place to take training mode AI additions (like a dashdance mode or a run up and wavedash back mode)?
I'm still working on CPU infinite shield. The original post has a list of what I'm working on. I prefer flash on L-cancel because advanced players know when they miss an L-cancel, but amateur players can use the positive confirmation that they succeeded in L-cancelling.

I don't know anything about stages, and it's something I plan on looking into, but not now. Also, I don't know enough about AI to code my own, but I might eventually.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I wonder if you could just make the animation where Fox goes into the reflector part of his shine (the one you're JCing) a different colour. I'd think that would be an easier cue to recognize anyway than a flash on such a bright move.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Fox/Falco's shine should make the whole screen go white for 3 frames.

Just don't play in your room with the lights off if you are prone to seizures.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
- Make Falco CPU SHL indefinitely to practice powershielding

- Edit stage selection screen showing which stages are legal

- 0 CPUs in training mode option

- Auto 4 stock / FF on etc.

Top Bottom