• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee freezing in emulation when throwing out a hitbox

LunaExists

Smash Rookie
Hi!
Recently I started to make a balance patch for SSBM that I was only going to use for myself.
However when I went to test it, Dolphin froze as soon as a hitbox appeared for a move. It didn't even hit the enemy.
How can I fix it? I really feel demotivated due to the freezing rn and I might just give up on melee.

MalanoMan

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0183_3775_0422
I applaud you for attempting to make a balance patch for yourself! I personally have no experience in modding games, but I know it can be very difficult. If you have given up, I encourage you to go back to it and try to fix the issue, because the outcome will be satisfying for you if you are successful. If you find that its impossible to fix, then I suggest checking out Project M, which is technically a Brawl mod, but is a well-balanced smash game that feels like Melee.

Top Bottom