• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC10R Legacy...is done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
TOs at this are a joke.

terrible seeding then double elim to round robin? complete joke

:phone:
Yeah I know, it really sucks that there are a ton of matches between the top players and that seeding worked exactly as it was supposed to out of pools. It also sucks that everything is being run on time and everybody is having a blast. Just a bad example of TOs all around.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
lmaooo get owned

Also year of the falcon baby; hax and darkrain doing WORK in losers. Freak I wanna see shroom vs hax, how do you replay stuff on livestream?

Also, I don't know who commentated axe vs link/mario but that was the funniest commentary I've ever heard. They were so apologetic about not be the real commentators but I could listen to that dry whit the whole tournament. lmao

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Honest non-sarcastic question

How come running a tournament well is signs of a TO doing a good job instead of the TO doing their ACTUAL job?

KishSquared

Smash Master
all very true
All very false. With the sole exception of Kage, the other three from losers all lost to someone else in the pool, and their record from that set carries over. There is big penalty to going to losers.

Also, there will be a finals match with plenty of hype.

If you still don't like it, then maybe the 26 sets of top 8 players available on video will make you feel better :)

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Honest non-sarcastic answer: I don't understand the question.
Whenever we talk about how amazing (or not amazing) a tournament was, we always seem to list that the tournament was well run as a prime accomplishment.

I feel as if this should just be baseline and running a tournament in a timely fashion with very few mishaps (such as region vs region happening in pools/too early in bracket or people playing matches they shouldnt have and then having to replay) shouldnt be the focal point for praise.

Of course maybe we've just gotten to a point where the baseline for running tournaments is so low that when one does actually finish on time the TOs should be lauded for their effort.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Whenever we talk about how amazing (or not amazing) a tournament was, we always seem to list that the tournament was well run as a prime accomplishment.

I feel as if this should just be baseline and running a tournament in a timely fashion with very few mishaps (such as region vs region happening in pools/too early in bracket or people playing matches they shouldnt have and then having to replay) shouldnt be the focal point for praise.

Of course maybe we've just gotten to a point where the baseline for running tournaments is so low that when one does actually finish on time the TOs should be lauded for their effort.
For a normal monthly or something yea id agree but this is bigger than that. they should get praise for a good venue/good time management/good hype matches/good seeding....ect. lots of work/money goes into this and its nice to be appreciated instead of taken for granted. if you only knew what it takes to do something this big, you wouldnt say what you are saying now.

Biglard

Smash Journeyman
The tournament was super cool, the stream was ****, thanks to the TOs and to the players.

As for the round robin debate, it obviously has pros and cons, but I was personally happy to see all the top 8 players facing each other. Darkrain vs Hax was mad good, and I can't wait to see all the sets I missed.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
All very false. With the sole exception of Kage, the other three from losers all lost to someone else in the pool, and their record from that set carries over. There is big penalty to going to losers.

Also, there will be a finals match with plenty of hype.

If you still don't like it, then maybe the 26 sets of top 8 players available on video will make you feel better :)
well that is better. i think a better solution would be to have a global penalty for going from losers to RR, not just because they are playing the same person again. although there is a good chance of them playing again because of the rapidly decreasing number of players left. having 3/4 LB players be penalized is pretty good.

looking forward to finals match and all the other vids, its great that so much was recorded.

but i wont be satisfied unless you have all of CK's sets

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
lmaooo get owned

Also year of the falcon baby; hax and darkrain doing WORK in losers. Freak I wanna see shroom vs hax, how do you replay stuff on livestream?

Also, I don't know who commentated axe vs link/mario but that was the funniest commentary I've ever heard. They were so apologetic about not be the real commentators but I could listen to that dry whit the whole tournament. lmao
Uncle Meat!

And round robins, though an interesting idea which resulted in a lot of cool matches, was pretty unhype. I guess I'm happy with the vids though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom