• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
God damn, I was only gone an hour and all this happened.

Well...I'm still rooting for that $500K Divekick snipe.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Street Fighter and Super Turbo in particular is the reason every other fighting game exists quite literally. Especially from a competitive standpoint. That includes Smash.

And yes donating to charity makes you a loser. Oh wait...
Charity is good but donating to ST in particular that nobody else seems to care for is quite comical.

I'm a used to be an ST player too so I know very well it's history and merits but "first lol" doesn't make you the best game for an Evo spot.

strawhats

Smash Master
How da **** did this happen?

I leave this thread for about a day and ST takes the lead (they came outta nowhere lololol)

zmx

Smash Lord
The only way to determine the best game in this contest is whoever donates the most. That's the only stipulation. There's no point getting salty about it now. People were saying this sort of thing could happen from the start.

Also concerning people that care about it, I'd bet it'd get more entrants at Evo than SGs at the very least.

Lastly the contest isn't over yet. I think given recent events anything can happen.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Well I just donated $20.

It's not much, but I do sincerely want to see Melee make it.

Melee's hey day or not. To see this much money behind melee, it will send a message. To other communities and to the gods in Japan. We are a market worth catering to.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
The only way to determine the best game in this contest is whoever donates the most. That's the only stipulation and has been from the start. There's no point getting salty about it now. People were saying this sort of thing could happen from the start.

Also concerning people that care about it, I'd bet it'd get more entrants at Evo than SGs at the very least.

Lastly the contest isn't over yet. I think given recent events anything can happen.
Best Game =/= Most Donations

Most Popular game = Most Donations

One guy donating a bunch to one game =/= Most popular

But even so, we all know melee is not popular at all with the FGC

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
I find it unsettling as to why stop several hundreds above Melee to take the lead! This benefactor is toying with us and is looking to snipe the lead!
I think it's good. If it's competitive more money will be donated in the end.

zmx

Smash Lord
I think you missed the part where I said "in this contest".

I repeat. In THIS contest the best game is the one that gets the most donations. That's how the winner is determined. If one guy who hates fighting games donated 70K to DOA tomorrow, guess what? The game won fair and square.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
heh
idk about ST, but if they stumble, the thing everyone has been missing is that our lead over skullgirls has been steadily expanding

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
heh
idk about ST, but if they stumble, the thing everyone has been missing is that our lead over skullgirls has been steadily expanding

I 'llnever count them out. They are still very much so part of this contest, the fact they haven't donated that much recently, probably just means they are preparing a massive dump at the last minute

smashmachine

Smash Lord
I 'llnever count them out. They are still very much so part of this contest, the fact they haven't donated that much recently, probably just means they are preparing a massive dump at the last minute
oh i know, but ST will divert most if not all of the FGC's efforts, so skullgirls is entirely on their own
rofl at melee chipping at the lead slowly

El Duderino

Smash Ace
I doubt Sakurai would want to get involved in anything right now!
Not that he would anyways.

By now he must be aware. I bet plenty of his Namco co-workers check up on this drive when they get to work in the morning.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
oh i know, but ST will divert most if not all of the FGC's efforts, so skullgirls is entirely on their own
rofl at melee chipping at the lead slowly
This all depends on 1 thing though. How quickly can the ST fan base (hell "regular" FGC in general cause now they have a horse in this race) organize themselves and drop more cash.

If they don't do this fast enough, tomorrow SG could easily surpass them again, and they'll be left at third place, but if they can do this quickly.......we all have a problem

smashmachine

Smash Lord
This all depends on 1 thing though. How quickly can the ST fan (hell "regular" FGC in general cause now they have a horse in this race) organize themselves and drop more cash.

If they don't do this fast enough, tomorrow SG could easily surpass them again, and they'll be left at third place, but if they can do this quickly.......we all have a problem
its not about ST getting money so much as SG NOT getting money originally meant for them

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
its not about ST getting money so much as SG NOT getting money originally meant for them
Good point, a lot of their support was just coming from Melee haters not wanting us to win, now they have Options.......that could still work in our favor though, its splitting them between SG and ST

smashmachine

Smash Lord
Good point, a lot of their support was just coming from Melee haters not wanting us to win, now they have Options.......that could still work in our favor though, its splitting them between SG and ST
obviously a melee troll will drop 30k on every game to confuse them :troll:

BrandX

Smash Ace
It's truly going to be one epic day tomorrow.

The destiny of one community will be decided...

My heart is going to be thumping hard at work tomorrow lol

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Didnt get any news today, I may not do a match donation but I sure as hell plan to drop for melee regardless

:phone:

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I think the one thing in our favor is that ST community probably has no clue how much were capable of dropping tomorrow. If this truly is all from the Japanese ST community they have 0 knowledge of our spirit bomb.

If they think they can drop another 10k and just win easily they're probably in trouble.

However If they're planning on dropping another 30k tomorrow no matter what, like today, we probably have no chance.

Who knows, should be crazy either way.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Unless they get their **** together in less than a day, they've got nothing on us. That one rich dude may have donated enough to tie us, but we haven't even spirit bombs yet. If that rich guy does donate 30k more just to get ST to win though, I will be quite salty, since that one guy just totally trolled us XD

smashmachine

Smash Lord
This is life
This is de-oh wait, wrong thread
back up by $22 lmao, this **** is going to flip back and forth like florida on election night
$107 now.....~5k on skullgirls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom