• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Disc Data?

D

Deleted member

Has anyone ever tried hacking the Melee disc to find out what is in it that wasn't used in the final game? Like how the Brawl disc was?

I want to know what unused characters there were.:bee:

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
there was an unused fire emblem stage. but they never made it either.
there was only a name

its just a black screen that freezes your game if you try to use the stage, iirc

D

Deleted member

I know about that. That was in the Debug Menu. Same with "IceTop", "Dummy", and the Adventure Mode equivilent to IceTop.

I am looking for data in the disc that is possibly NOT in the Debug Menu. I understand that that may be an impossibility, as the Debug MIGHT cover everything, but I'm willing to bet that the Debug barely scratches the surface of everything that was taken out.

D

Deleted member

Really? What was one of the F-ed up things in the programming?

D

Deleted member

I heard that Balloon Fighter was in the BETA before he was replaced with the Ice Climbers. I want to see if that's true, and what other characters were not used.

Dr.MarioX

Smash Apprentice
I always heard Ridley was beta. Same for Lucas, but was cut since Mother 3 wasn't out yet.

Additionally, Sakurai stated that the development team had suggested characters from four other games to represent the Famicom or NES era until the developers decided that the Ice Climbers would be in the game

Balloon Fighter?
Mach Rider? (Clue from the detailed 3D Model)

ANOTHER EDIT: WOLF?!?

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I always heard Ridley was beta. Same for Lucas, but was cut since Mother 3 wasn't out yet.

Additionally, Sakurai stated that the development team had suggested characters from four other games to represent the Famicom or NES era until the developers decided that the Ice Climbers would be in the game

Balloon Fighter?
Mach Rider? (Clue from the detailed 3D Model)

ANOTHER EDIT: WOLF?!?

I doubt wolf would be in it for one simple reason. The creator tried to get rid of clones in brawl. So one can Infer he wished all the characters to be unique and the only reason there were clones I am willing to bet is because of time constants. If two clones is annoying imagine three (I highly doubt a unique wolf was thought of at this time in history.) However I believe this Balloon Fighter theory because the song balloon fight plays on the Ice climber's stage. Also I wish to say thank you Dr.MarioX as well as thank you to the rest of your team for such a good demo of the game you are working on.

D

Deleted member

However, Dragoon, Wolf could've been considered before Falco was. Falco was probably put in instead as he had more popularity at the time.

And I have read that the clones were added to add more to the roster, as before they were made, the roster seemed too small to Sakurai.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
However, Dragoon, Wolf could've been considered before Falco was. Falco was probably put in instead as he had more popularity at the time.

And I have read that the clones were added to add more to the roster, as before they were made, the roster seemed too small to Sakurai.
You are most likely right.

Top Bottom