• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Melee Decompilation

SinsOfApathy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Psion312
Hey everyone, been a minute since I posted here.

Just making it public knowledge on a place besides the Discord that there is an on-going matching decompilation for the game. This is basically the step beyond what I was doing with FRAY before.

As far as some big news, I recently got it to support shifting, which means code can be added and removed - and the game will still run. This means no more patching or injecting a function to make it return 1, you can just replace the whole function and save on bytes. Or you could even add a character to the existing tables instead of relying MexTool to patch your game.

I have an example repo of me doing some changes at https://github.com/PsiLupan/melee/tree/akaneia-example where I've brought over some of the Akaneia codes and optimized them by completely removing the functions in places which reduced the DOL by 1KB so far. Obviously, I could do a lot more, but wanted to give everyone an idea of the kinds of things you can do.

Top Bottom