• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Melee Code Manager (v4.4.1) - Easily Add Mods to Your Game!

YunYan99

Smash Rookie
WINDOWS 7 X64

When I start [Melee Code Manager.exe]
it appears a error window in which there is a message of "cx_Freeze pathon error in main script .... "

how to deal with it?

DRGN

Technowizard
WINDOWS 7 X64

When I start [Melee Code Manager.exe]
it appears a error window in which there is a message of "cx_Freeze pathon error in main script .... "

how to deal with it?
Hmm. The latest version, 4.3? I just downloaded it on a Windows 7 x64 bit system, and it ran fine. Strange. Could you screenshot the exact error? Did you unzip the file (when you download the file, it's compressed)? Maybe something is wrong with your download; possibly corrupted or incomplete. You could try re-downloading it.

YunYan99

Smash Rookie
Hmm. The latest version, 4.3? I just downloaded it on a Windows 7 x64 bit system, and it ran fine. Strange. Could you screenshot the exact error? Did you unzip the file (when you download the file, it's compressed)? Maybe something is wrong with your download; possibly corrupted or incomplete. You could try re-downloading it.
I downloaded the v4.3 zip,and uncompressed it with no error. so I m sure that the zip I have downloaded is complete pakage!
I cant found where can upload image in this forums.

in the error window it tells such as:
"traceback(most recent call last) :
file
"c:\python27\lib\site-packages\cx_freeze\..........\console.py"
line 27,in<module>
file "melee code manager.py",line 8860,in<module>
file
"e\user\drcappex.amr\documents\software\tex\tools\mcm\newtkdnd.py"line 29,in_init_
file
"e:\users\drcappex.amr\document........\newtkdnd.py",line 22,in _load_tkdnd

tclerror cant find package tkdnd

"

I guess if it needs to install "pathon" or some sofeware ?
I didnt installed "pathon" before.

SORRY ,I found the reason!
I put the whole folder of the app into a Chinese-Named folder and cause the path mixed by chinese font!
When I change the folder name into english, all problems are solved!
thank you very much!

F:\Ngc&Wii Debug\调试教程及参考\Melee Code Manager - v4.3 (x64) this path can't boot exe
F:\Ngc&Wii Debug\Melee Code Manager - v4.3 (x64) this path succeed in booting exe

Last edited:

Fanter

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
FANT#195
Whenever I apply the base mods or even put any iso in general into it it breaks it forever and I can't open the game without it crashing in some form, I also don't really know how .dol's work or how mods are applied and am generally confused by everything. I was using crazy hand to mod melee in to being "better" but after I did this it broke it and it would suck really bad to manually transfer all my data to a new file so is there any way around that?

Fanter

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
FANT#195
Sorry that question was kind of dumb, anyways how do you use the import into ISO feature that is on the right side of the mod's library menu because when I put an ISO in there it doesn't show up and no matter what I do It doesn't change

DRGN

Technowizard
Sorry, I forgot about your previous post. Although there's also not much I can do without knowing more about what you're trying. Do you have an example of some mods that you tried applying? What version of the game were you using (I assume it's Melee)? Was it a vanilla copy before you started, or did it already have prior mods? I recommend using an unmodified DOL or disc to start from if you're still having problems. For that, you can use the 'Restore Original DOL' button.

The "Import into ISO" button is only available when you load a standalone DOL file (one not in a disc). You can then use that to import the DOL into a disc.

Fanter

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
FANT#195
Sorry, I forgot about your previous post. Although there's also not much I can do without knowing more about what you're trying. Do you have an example of some mods that you tried applying? What version of the game were you using (I assume it's Melee)? Was it a vanilla copy before you started, or did it already have prior mods? I recommend using an unmodified DOL or disc to start from if you're still having problems. For that, you can use the 'Restore Original DOL' button.

The "Import into ISO" button is only available when you load a standalone DOL file (one not in a disc). You can then use that to import the DOL into a disc.
Thank you so much, This is actually really helpful. Umm, do you know how I can get into melee modding because especially with the new stuff happening in the scene (Akaneia) I am more interested than ever to get into it but can't really find any in-points, can you help me out or point me somewhere? another thing I tried was allocating different open space in the code and that didn't work. Also it only failed when I tried to direct connect

Also, another question, I was using my mod on rollback and it was working fine until I used the code manager, After I did that it would just constantly freeze and crash, do you have any insight on why or any ways to fix it?

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
Thank you so much, This is actually really helpful. Umm, do you know how I can get into melee modding because especially with the new stuff happening in the scene (Akaneia) I am more interested than ever to get into it but can't really find any in-points, can you help me out or point me somewhere? another thing I tried was allocating different open space in the code and that didn't work. Also it only failed when I tried to direct connect
Sure! First stop would be the Melee Hacks and You thread, which is stickied in the main forum. You can also check the stickied threads in the sub-forums, which should be useful. In addition, you could join The Melee Workshop Discord server and/or the m-eX Discord server.

Also, another question, I was using my mod on rollback and it was working fine until I used the code manager, After I did that it would just constantly freeze and crash, do you have any insight on why or any ways to fix it?
In order to play online, you and your opponent need to be running the same gameplay-related codes, or else the game will desync (since what's happening on your system isn't the exact same as what's happening on their system). Exceptions can be some non-gameplay related codes, like things that alter the menus or things that only affect aesthetics. If you're having crashes with ANY codes, including those for menu aesthetics/behavior, then you might be using the same custom code space that Slippi uses, which is the Tournament Mode region. This would cause your normal game execution to branch into arbitrary code and crash. To change this in MCM, click on the "Code-Space Options" button after you've loaded a disc or DOL:

1612293114059.png

I believe future versions of Slippi will not be using any of these regions, so you'll have much more space then. Alternatively, you could add your codes to the Gecko codelist that Slippi's Dolphin build comes with, which can be found in [Slippi_Dolphin_root_folder]\Sys\GameSettings\GALE01r2.ini. You can convert any mods in MCM to Gecko format using the "Create as INI" button. You would then need to toggle on each code, by right-clicking the disc in Dolphin's GUI, and going to Properties, and then the Gecko Codes tab.

Fanter

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
FANT#195
Sure! First stop would be the Melee Hacks and You thread, which is stickied in the main forum. You can also check the stickied threads in the sub-forums, which should be useful. In addition, you could join The Melee Workshop Discord server and/or the m-eX Discord server.

In order to play online, you and your opponent need to be running the same gameplay-related codes, or else the game will desync (since what's happening on your system isn't the exact same as what's happening on their system). Exceptions can be some non-gameplay related codes, like things that alter the menus or things that only affect aesthetics. If you're having crashes with ANY codes, including those for menu aesthetics/behavior, then you might be using the same custom code space that Slippi uses, which is the Tournament Mode region. This would cause your normal game execution to branch into arbitrary code and crash. To change this in MCM, click on the "Code-Space Options" button after you've loaded a disc or DOL:

View attachment 301580

I believe future versions of Slippi will not be using any of these regions, so you'll have much more space then. Alternatively, you could add your codes to the Gecko codelist that Slippi's Dolphin build comes with, which can be found in [Slippi_Dolphin_root_folder]\Sys\GameSettings\GALE01r2.ini. You can convert any mods in MCM to Gecko format using the "Create as INI" button. You would then need to toggle on each code, by right-clicking the disc in Dolphin's GUI, and going to Properties, and then the Gecko Codes tab.
I don't really know if this makes any sense but I don't actually desync, I literally try to direct connect and the game just kinda freezes. I was actually using Aux Code Regions so it was working in that aspect do you have any insight on that? The guy I was connecting to wasn't using my mod though I have a feeling that probably doesn't matter.

Update: Figured it out and it was just removing the mod that added the debug menu

Last edited:

Fanter

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
FANT#195

View attachment 301580

I have one last question, Do you know why when you change throws with crazy hand (basically anything about them other than angle) the effect is turned to electric and there is virtually nothing in crazy hand to be able to fix it? And if so what should I do to fix it. Thanks!

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
Were the download links taken down? I can find them

Edit: I'm actually blind. It was where it always is lol

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
Update!

And it's been a while! I've been accumulating improvements since March of last year. It's not much for that amount of time, but that's because I've instead been working on a few other Melee projects. Some of which you should be seeing very soon.

Also, I forgot to mention here that MCM is now on Github!

To 4.4:

- Support for alternate mod/library syntax: the ASM Mod Folder Structure (AMFS)*​
- New Mods Library Selection interface to easily swap between multiple library directories​
- New punkpc and general Melee-related PPC .include libraries, from Punkline​
- Improvements/fixes to the Mod Construction tab's undo history functionality​
- Directories for '.include' imports are now always given to the assembler**​
- Uses a new Gecko codehandler via the "codehandler.bin" file (from Dolphin build 5.0-11297)​
- Improvements to the ASM <-> Hex Converter window:​
- Fixed cases of giving incorrect line numbers for warnings/errors​
- Window resizing improved (now only the text entry fields change size)​
- Added a button to show assembly context for .include file imports​
- Added a label to display assembly times for performance testing​
- Warnings during assembly that contain no actual errors no longer block final assembly​
- Made some changes to add the crash printout code, "Enable OSReport Print on Crash":​
- The Tournament Mode Region has been partitioned into two parts (P1 and P2)​
- Default region for the Gecko codehandler is now "Tournament Mode Region, P1"​
- Crash printout code added to library, now that Aux Code Regions isn't needed​
- Aux Code Regions are now disabled by default​
- Crash printout code is always selected by default (can be disabled in settings.py)​
- Added an extra check during injection/SF code space allocations to ensure 4 byte alignment​
- Summary tab's "Mods Installed" now counts SF-only modules that had functions installed​
- Fixed a hang when selecting a Mods Library from a drive that no longer exists​
- Hitting Enter in the ISO/DOL field now loads that path instead of prompting for a file​
- YouTube is now an acceptable domain for mod 'web links'​
- The Debug Mode region is now disabled by default​
- Added a few more mods to the default Mods Library​
- Refactoring and code clean-up for GitHub repo​

*I'll probably be making a guide detailing the benefits and usage of this later.
**These are given via the -I argument. Previously, include directories were only included if a .include statement was found in the custom code.

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
Google Drive's security changed somewhat, apparently causing the public Mods Library files I had up on the second post to no longer be public. I'm sure I could update their settings, but their purpose was for others to be able to edit and add to them (a crowdsourced library) and I think that's a bit redundant now that this project is on GitHub. So I removed the links to the old docs and replaced them with a link to the Mods Library folder in the GitHub repo. The library there should have everything the old docs had and more. Feel free to offer a pull request there if you want something added. Please keep suggestions to mods that the typical modder might want to use, rather than codes specific to a single project.

DRGN

Technowizard
Small patch to address a few small issues.

To v4.4.1
- Fixed "settings.py" configurations not taking effect
- The configuration file "settings.py" is now located in the "lib" folder
- The Gecko "codehandler.bin" file is now located in the "bin" folder
- Fixed disassembly of hex code with mixed-in special syntaxes
- Fixed the "Info" button in Mod Constrution tab for mods with Standalone Functions
- Fixed warnings of duplicate and differing u32.float/float.u32/log.timestamp SFs
- Added 'Lagless FoD' and 'Boot to Match' codes

dreamsyntax

Smash Rookie
Hi, I found a bug (or maybe I just misunderstand the feature) with using Static Overwrite.

If I use blrl 0x80519F60 the code injected will actually just be b 0x80519F60
If it matters, the address jumped to is modified at runtime and is otherwise junk, so maybe MCM doesn't realize a blr will be at the end of it?

I just realized how stupid this was. I was just getting thrown off by bctrl. Just needed to mflr / mtlr and working fine now. blrl doesn't make sense in this context.

Maybe a wishlist feature but possibly warning when an instruction doesn't make sense (blrl in a static) could be cool.

Last edited:

Kōsetsu

Smash Rookie
NNID
YukiStar64
Switch FC
SW-7826-7291-4505
I've been looking all over for something like this, bless you.

Top Bottom