• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee: Cape Edition

The Cape

Smash Master
This was a mod I have worked on for much of the last two years trying to make Melee as a more balanced game in my opinion.

The way in which I approach "balance" to first I look at the existence of low tiers and hard matchups as a good thing. If on a tier list, Fox is the top and Bowser is the bottom we can assign them values such as Fox at 10 and Bowser at 1. What I have attempted to do is to make Fox down to a 9 and Bowser up to a 5 and squish everyone in between along the way. Bad matchups and low-tiers still exist, but this hopefully adds more variety to the cast.

In the videos, the download link is in the description, but I also attempt to talk about why I made some of the changes I did and my general thought processes.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuVRB4PLt0qOybps5clRpO6KeFgHl6Ci_

I hope everyone enjoys this.

The Cape

Smash Master
So there is a small known issue with this and I will be releasing a small change 1.01 in a few days.

Forward and Back throws are affected and can be gotten out of like Kirby's in vanilla for a few characters:

Mario, Fox, CF, and DK

Since DK's F throw is cargo that also means you can break out of the cargo follow up throws which freezes the game. We have a fix for the code and it should make an easy and quick small patch to be added over the current to fix that.

Top Bottom