• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne - Comrades 2 Videos are up

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer

PRESENTED BY CAOTIC AND MYSTWALKER

AWARD PRESENTERS: SHAZ AND CAOTIC

Get ready for the final National tournament I'm hosting for Melee! America's finest will also be coming to this as a special guest! Let's all eat yakiniku after the tournament's done, ok? Look forward to the interstate crew battles, singles and teams with the 'King of Smash!'​

HOSTEL INFORMATION

Oslo Hostel
38 Grey Street, St. Kilda, 3182
A St.Kilda Beach bound tram from Flinders Street Station will take you to the intersection of Grey and Fitzroy.

SCHEDULE

- MAY 28
Ken arrives in Melbourne
- JUNE 8
West Coast vs. Essendon, Telstra Dome (RAAAAPPE >_>)
- JUNE 9
Comrades 2 (Singles, Teams, Interstate Crew Battles)
Yakiniku @ Shoya, 25 Market Lane Melbourne 3000 (11pm close)
http://www.shoyamelbourne.com/e_yakiniku.html
- JUNE 10
"Recovery day" (probably resulting in more Smash, but maybe we should change that and go somewhere fun!)
- JUNE 11
It's the Queen's Birthday! Long live the Queen!
Ken goes back to Orange County California

WHERE IS IT?

Davidson Room
Glenn College
The Corner of Moat Drive and Centreway,
La Trobe University, Bundoora, Victoria.
Note - Parking is on the Ring Road via P6.

Campus Map:
http://www.latrobe.edu.au/bg/assets/images/drawings/bun-core.pdf

Google Map:
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&...5.046997&spn=0.033132,0.10849&om=1&iwloc=addr

A guide to getting to La Trobe University:
http://www.latrobe.edu.au/handbook/2007/general/public-transport-and-parking.htm

START TIMES

The room is open from 10am - 10pm.
Teams: 10am - 1pm
Singles Qualifying Swiss: 1pm - 4pm
Singles Finals Double Elimination: 4pm - 6pm
Crews: 6pm

***FRIENDLIES ARE NOT ALLOWED UNLESS ALLOWED BY TOURNAMENT DIRECTORS.***
1st - offense = warning
2nd - offense = disqualification from all tournaments (no refunds)

There will be plenty of time set aside for friendlies (during singles finals and crews), so don't worry too much about not being able to play enough. With the reintroduction of the Swiss system you're guaranteed to get in a lot of matches. These rules have been put in place to help the tournament run on time.

COSTS

Yet to be confirmed, but likely to be:
Singles - $10 per person
Teams - $10 per person
Crew battle events - Free if you entered singles and doubles (open to debate)

TOURNAMENT FORMATS

Teams - Standard 'MLG' Ruleset, Double Elimination
Singles - Swiss Format, Top 8 Advance to a Standard 'MLG' Ruleset, Double Elimination

THE SWISS SYSTEM - A PRIMER

- The swiss system is based on a set of rounds with an accumulative ranking ladder (much like the AFL or NRL ladders). The difference in the swiss system is that you play unique opponents that share a similar win/loss ratio to yourself.
- The first round will be completely randomized. In every round, you play your opponent in 2 games (stages are randomly elected). The result should be recorded as 2W-0L, 1W-1L, or 0W-2L.
- Singles will be played in as many successive rounds as possible within a time limit (say, 3 hours). The faster the group completes their rounds, the more rounds will be completed.
- The final 8 players will advance into a standard MLG Double Elimination Final (If people prefer Top 16 advancing into a single elimination bracket, let me know).

GENERAL STANDARD RULES

General:
- Bring your own controller, or ensure someone is bringing one for you. Tournament staff are not resposible for providing extra controllers.
- Good behaviour is expected; if tournament staff deems that you are causing trouble in this fashion, you will be kicked out of the tournament without refund.
- Controllers: see MLG rules (no modifications aside from cosmetic changes, no programmed buttons)
- No pausing during a match.
- No infinite stall/freeze glitches (ie: Peach's Wallbombing, Jigglypuff's rising pound, Ice Climber freeze glitch, etc). If you use these in a match, you forfeit that match. If one of these tactics is used on you for the purpose of stalling the match, pause the game and call for tournament staff.
- Once a match has been announced, it must be started within 5 minutes. If one or more of the participants does not show up within the 5 minutes, they forfeit the match. This applies to both singles and doubles.
- Prizes: Singles and Doubles: 65/25/10 split for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.
- No friendlies will be allowed during any part of the tournament, unless staff relax the rules. Players caught playing friendlies during busy tournament sessions will be warned. It would be more appropriate to friendly people outside the tournament date.
- Money Matches are allowed to take place where possible.
- Spectators are welcome.

Match rules:
- All matches are 4 stock, 8 minute time limit
- Doubles-specific: Team attack ON, life stealing allowed
- Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single set if the player choosing already won on that stage
- Stage Knock-out: Each player (or team, in teams) may choose to eliminate one of the legal stages (neutral OR counterpick) to be chosen at the beginning of the set.
- Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
- Double blind pick may be called at any time (the only time this is useful is, before players choose their first initial character, before the first game starts).
- Neutral stages: Fountain of Dreams (BANNED in teams), Dream Land 64, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium
- Counterpick stages: Any neutral stage, plus Rainbow Cruise, Green Greens, Corneria, Brinstar, Mute City, Poke Floats, Donkey Kong 64
- Any other stage is BANNED in both singles and doubles
- WOBBLING IS BANNED

CREW BATTLE RULES

It will be a round robin tournament, with a minimum of 5 players per team. For the VIC/QLD/NSW teams, they all must equally match the maximum number of participants possible. Stage selection is completely random from the neutral 6, and each player is entitled to 1 stage cancel per match.

INTERSTATE/INTERNATIONAL ATTENDANCE LIST

- CALIFORNIA
SephirothKen, **Housed**
Zander805 (Unconfirmed)
- TEXAS
hylian88, Housing preference:
- WESTERN AUSTRALIA
BringerofDeath, Housing preference: HOSTEL
Kewl Niven, Housing preference: **Housed**
- QUEENSLAND
Syke, Housing preference: HOSTEL
King Kong, Housing preference: **Housed**
ACCELERATE, **Housed**
DJ Cat, Housing preference:
Sieg, Housing preference:
Scrubs (Unconfirmed)
Tristan, Housing preference: HOUSING
Radiance, Housing preference: HOUSING
- NEW SOUTH WALES
Jaz, Housing preference:
Kulla, Housing preference:
Dedu, housing perference: HOSTEL/HOUSING
Berimbau, Housing preference:
Johno, Housing preference:
no.13 - Housing preference:
xeno - Housing pref: HOSING/HOSTEL
ComboTurtle, Housing preference: HOSTEL
- TASMANIA
Sloth, Housing preference: **Housed**
N30N, Housing preference:
- SOUTH AUSTRALIA
SA Dave(Unconfirmed), Housing preference:
- NEW ZEALAND, AUCKLAND
Buzid - Housing preference:
PMD - Housing preference:
- VICTORIA
Many Victorians!

Lastly! Pack your woolies! Melbourne in June is cold! (Avg. Max 14, Min 7) I don't want to hear any cold hand johns!

PLEASE SUPPLY THE TOURNAMENT WITH TVS, CUBES/WIIS, SSBM DISCS AND MEMORY CARDS! THE TOURNAMENT WILL ONLY BE AS GOOD AS THE AMOUNT OF THESE ITEMS YOU BRING!!!

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Hurray, the next big Australian tournament. I'm excited. I'll help in its organisation in any way possible. I predict multiple deaths of this thread over the next few months before everyone actually starts getting serious about it.

jazblack009

Smash Ace
Seat a thing of the past T_T
so much for tradition >.>
well atleast i could say i attended every seat that ever took place. wonder if i'd get like a free pizza or something

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
BTW, <3 CAO for this. Even when you're probably mega busy with OC2 and all that other stuff, you still make a base plan for a tourney for us. =]

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
*inactiveness* hee >>

This sounds quite exciting though, I'd be happy to help out in any way of advertising when this gets off the ground :B

jazblack009

Smash Ace
lots of support ^_^
that banner offer is still there if you change your mind XD
but yeh, i promise to try my very best to get there myself, who knows what could pop up :p
but if i'm free i'm there
i'll also see if anyone else in sydney wants a view of australian 1337 smash

Sebastian

Smash Journeyman
2007? Who cares about getting excited now, thats like 4months away, god find something better to do. If I actually like the new smash whatever the **** its called I will come. Bahhah, I dont wanna be a smash nerd again though.

len1

Smash Journeyman
i would love to come but there are 3 things that would prevent me from coming

1. Parents

2. School

3. Money

so... probably not a tourney i will go to.... unless my parents and i go on holiday to melbourne at the time of the tourney

i'd probably lose anyway

len1

Smash Journeyman
it is to.

money may not be a problem but overlyconcerned parents is another thing.
i'd probably have to travel up/around with you D.J. ....not that there is anything wrong with that. is there?

ACCELERATE

Smash Lord
Hey guys sounds good im up 4 it. One problem lack off funds so if sponsership is up for grabs i would like to attend Please. i got like maybe 100 dollars so what ever you can do would be awsome.
BTW Samus player
Name: XLR8
AKA: The Cockroach

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
Well we have Jaz leading us to... well not to victory cause we suck and proud of it... but to actual attendence.

Current state standing

1. Vic
2. WA
3. Tas
4. Bris
5. SA
6. NSW

Were aiming for 5th place.

Omojica

Smash Cadet
HA!!!!!!!!!! YUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

SA is FIFTH

WE ARE NOT LAST!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOT!!! [is it coz dave placed well in SEAT2
5th.... i think]

IM GONNA SAVE UP DA MONEYS!!!!!

[ps, i shotgun housing]

[btw.......can be this around the holidys like late december, janruary, etc........plzzzzzz]

jazblack009

Smash Ace
HA!!!!!!!!!! YUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

SA is FIFTH

WE ARE NOT LAST!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOT!!! [is it coz dave placed well in SEAT2
5th.... i think]

IM GONNA SAVE UP DA MONEYS!!!!!

[ps, i shotgun housing]

[btw.......can be this around the holidys like late december, janruary, etc........plzzzzzz]
lol its settled

VIC vs WA
TAS vs Qld
NSW vs SA

suprisingly i don't know who would win in any of these...

Is Fumi coming?
XD Anf wait till you see this yaussie, don't know about winning, especially if NG7 is gonna be there

Sieg

Smash Champion
K-0S here, Can't be stuffed logging out of siegs account.

anyway, The GC crew will definatly consider it. Most of us will be able to come except rune...... he has yet to vs anyone aside from us......... We might be able to have SQUAT3 before hand as well.

Also we bag housing as well.

KA BLAU!

len1

Smash Journeyman
now my only problem should be parents and earning the money.... but there is a large time frame

P.S. any S.A. smashers i am coming over there 4 a week or so. send a PM containing adress, and contact details if you want the 4th or 5th best smasher in tas to try and visit you:)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Sebastian is banned from this tournament. This is a way of helping him move on from the Smash Community he doesn't like to be a part of. I only want to deal with people who can make the tournament enjoyable for all who attend.

SA isnt that crap.... lol. I'm pretty confident they'd beat NSW :chuckle:

Sloth

Smash Ace
Well, I am not gonna conform and make predications.
There is still plenty of time till this tournament. It would be great if we could get at least 4 players from each state, mega crewzzz battlez.

I'm at least aiming for a top 5 finish in singles. And thats all I am sayin. ;)

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
Pffft Adelaide more beauitufl then Sydney.... HAVE YOU SEEN OUR HOMELESS PEOPLE, No city comes close to us when it comes to our HOBOs.

Omojica

Smash Cadet
now my only problem should be parents and earning the money.... but there is a large time frame

P.S. any S.A. smashers i am coming over there 4 a week or so. send a PM containing adress, and contact details if you want the 4th or 5th best smasher in tas to try and visit you:)
who ever u are......YOU ARE FTW!!!!!!!!

YEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

theres are tournaments over here every 6 weeks...next one august 19th

BUT YEH, chat to me olivermojica@hotmail.com

snes101

Smash Apprentice
Both SEATs were great and I definitely wanna come, but the problem is that I'm moving to New Zealand in late January. So I may or may not come, depending on the date... =/ I hope you're able to come Oli, Smash matches are better IRL than online. =P

len1

Smash Journeyman
What does FTW mean?:confused:

yeah change that date to 4-5 days later and i should be able to attend

for the S.A. tourney not the one this thread is about

Marche

Smash Apprentice
Well I will most definetly try to get to this one. My first out of tassie tournament. Unless of course I go to one before this. :p

The matter for me is getting it working between work, and tafe (Which im starting next year :p)

But money will be no problem for me. I might even take my car over so if any tassie people would like to come with me, I will have 4 seats available. (3 if i get my new car)

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Funds are going to be tight for this, im importing the wii from the u.s. for xmas so my cash might be strapped. Depends if i go through with my plan to buy all the release titles, and seeing as how zelda/metroid/mario/smash are on the list its very likely.

Sloth

Smash Ace
I haven't checked up on anything for a while, so pls feel free to correct me.
But haven't they said they arn't going to say Mario is a release title because they may not make the date.
Also isn't smash 2007 sometime? no date.

But by the time the tournament comes they may be out. Who knows.

Top Bottom