• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Melb) Anyone living in the city down for friendlies on Thursdays?

edisside

Smash Rookie
NNID
edissde
Hey guys, just wondering if theirs anywhere in the city on a Thursday where a friend and I can play smash after uni with some of the competitive scene, we've been planning to go to the monthly tournies, but unfortunately couldn't make it (hopefully next time).

Or if there is anyone living in the city area that would love to have some friendlies that would be great (mainly smash 4, but would be up to learn melee)

Jamwa

Smash Champion
melb uni's games club is hosting this on thursday, there might be people around with their handhelds but it sounds like they'll have setups of assorted games so sm4sh is likely to be there. im not too sure; you can ask on the event or pm a host.

edisside

Smash Rookie
NNID
edissde
melb uni's games club is hosting this on thursday, there might be people around with their handhelds but it sounds like they'll have setups of assorted games so sm4sh is likely to be there. im not too sure; you can ask on the event or pm a host.
Thankyou my dude!

Tempest

Smash Cadet
EB games swanston street also has regular friendlies every friday for smash 4.

Tempest

Smash Cadet
Is that 3ds only?
Nah, for the wii U version of the game people usually have friendlies up the stairs on the second level, and you can bring along your GC controller too . People usually do bring their 3DS, but I don't think anyone plays that version much anymore over there.

Last edited:

edisside

Smash Rookie
NNID
edissde
Nah, for the wii U version of the game people usually have friendlies up the stairs on the second level, and you can bring along your GC controller too . People usually do bring their 3DS, but I don't think anyone plays that version much anymore over there.
Yeah thanks, I went over there and asked, seems pretty good, how many people usually go and how many set ups? A friend and I are going next week :)

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
If you're up for some smash 4, theres a tournament tomorrow at Clayton Monash that alot of players will be going to including myself.

http://smashboards.com/threads/friday-27th-of-february-smash-monash-3-smash4-project-m-melee.369716/

Starting at 6pm :) I would highly recommend going to this since its gonna have stronger players and more setups. Although if youre more looking to a casual event, then swanstion is the way to go. Although they lack setups unfortunately and they're running different rules tomorrow. (your opponent picks your character shenanigans)

Last edited:

edisside

Smash Rookie
NNID
edissde
If you're up for some smash 4, theres a tournament tomorrow at Clayton Monash that alot of players will be going to including myself.

http://smashboards.com/threads/friday-27th-of-february-smash-monash-3-smash4-project-m-melee.369716/

Starting at 6pm :) I would highly recommend going to this since its gonna have stronger players and more setups. Although if youre more looking to a casual event, then swanstion is the way to go. Although they lack setups unfortunately and they're running different rules tomorrow. (your opponent picks your character shenanigans)
Yeah I saw this Monash event actually, although I only found out recently and have already made plans :/ Is there going to be another Monash event sometime?

The ebgames one does sound more relaxed, I will have to check it out next week, although I really don't like the sound of those kind of shenanigans :/ is there a forum about this event somewhere? Thanks !!

Tempest

Smash Cadet
Yeah thanks, I went over there and asked, seems pretty good, how many people usually go and how many set ups? A friend and I are going next week :)
I believe they usually have 2 - 3 set ups available most of the time, and they usually do have a decent amount of people going there. I can't really give an exact number of how many people attend as it usually does vary from time to time. Anyway, I hope you and your friend have a good time and hopefully it turns out to be what you were looking for!

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Yeah I saw this Monash event actually, although I only found out recently and have already made plans :/ Is there going to be another Monash event sometime?

The ebgames one does sound more relaxed, I will have to check it out next week, although I really don't like the sound of those kind of shenanigans :/ is there a forum about this event somewhere? Thanks !!

Heres their page :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/296456990529380/

Also in terms of the rules, they will probably run some normal tournaments as well. I just think for this Friday they're doing other rules and such. Still worth checking them out though :)

DD_

Smash Journeyman
The Monash events Usually Happen 3 times a year however we don't have any contacts on the inside anymore so can't say for certain.

Top Bottom