• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman Toon Link Matchup Help

Budderpig64

Smash Rookie
I might just be bad but i always seem to have a lot of trouble with Toon Link. I find his projectile game very intimidating, especially considering how he can just throw stuff from a much further distance than Megaman and he can get some pretty easy kill confirms off his bombs.

Any tips?

Should i pick up a counter-pick character, any suggestions?

Last edited:

CanadianMegaMan

Smash Apprentice
Pellets and leaf shield cancel out arrows and boomerangs, item blade trades vs bomb are in our favor. Play defensive with leaf shield while having blade in hand and punish his bomb attempts with item blade. Once he gets tilted and starts risky approaches, read his habits and punish. Megaman is very difficult to approach with leaf shield up and blade in hand.

noe3

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noe_03
3DS FC
3368-2779-4997
The huge thing in this MU is punishing his bomb pulls. He has a ton of lag pulling out a bomb. If you know he's going to be pulling one you can go in, you can get him with a metal blade for some damage, you can tag him with a crash bomb and go from there. Just make sure to punish him for it, don't let him get a bomb out for free. Other than that, you can out camp him. If he has a bomb in hand, get a metal blade in hand, you're at in advantage at that point. You should be making him approach as you should be winning the camping war.

Top Bottom