• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman - Read my last post in the thread and think hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
You should go for a Megaman 9 moveset.

It'd be cool if he was 2D like Game and Watch, but I doubt this is possible. Samus is the obvious choice for a base, Snake might work too.

kciD

Smash Journeyman
I would definitely see a Samus base being easier, but it would be friggin AWESOME if it was done with a G&W base with 2D like the original Megaman.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
G&W base is possible, but the overall would be better with samus. One of my plans was to duplicate the flat effect on G&W to samus, but its a ton of work and it wont look that much better, it might as well be regular 3d model.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Why don't you make X instead?
He's much, but oh so much more cooler...
I second this, but will support the creation of any Megaman.

By the way, your mention of 2D Megaman reminded me of a thought I had a bit ago... we're able to edit characters' graphic effects, right? If so, wouldn't it be possible to make a 2D character based entirely off of graphics? (I.e. replace each graphic effect with a sprite.)

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I second this, but will support the creation of any Megaman.
X is a scrub. <_<

X for the coolest Megaman so far. Though Standard's ok if nothing else.
No. Seriously. X is a scrub. >_>

Dude. Megaman.exe is where its at.
-DD
Hahahahahahahahahahaha...wat...you're serious?

EXE is cool, but he's not a very definitive or really well-known interpretation like Classic or X are. He's about on the same popularity level as Legends.
Tatsunoko vs Capcom would like to have a word with you. <_<

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
X is a scrub. <_<

No. Seriously. X is a scrub. >_>
I don't agree, at all :(.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha...wat...you're serious?

Tatsunoko vs Capcom would like to have a word with you. <_<

... And I second these 2 statements.
X is the best :mad:.
Then comes Classic Megaman.

Skieth

Smash Apprentice
A good moveset is whats important...not which game we're paying the most homage to.

Please try to make megaman a decent character to play as. If you can do that only using charge shot, jump and slide kick from the original megaman then I'll happily play as it.

As with kaptain K. Rool; a variety of different types of projectiles =\= a decent smash moveset.

/troll

Smash Ace
To everyone, i love megaman X much more than the original, but your not being patient, read what i find throughout this rigouris journey, i never said it was the classical megaman project. And remember, projects do not always consist of 1 thing ;)

bleyva

Smash Ace
can you make it so that megaman explodes if he touches the spikes on bowser's shell? :3

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
can you make it so that megaman explodes if he touches the spikes on bowser's shell? :3
LOL. Nice one xD.
Fortunately, the Smash doesn't take into account canon stuff.

^Truth.

And that just like, our opinion, bros.
Unfortunately :(.

@OP: Well, hm... If you want suggestions, would you mind telling us WHICH MegaMan are you working at the moment? Otherwise, we'll have to shoot a few number of movesets for the few MegaMen existing.

Smash Ace
Maybe there should be a Megaman that has elements of OG, X, EXE, and Legends. Then everyone is happy.
Actually no, then no one would be happy (except people who dont want megaman). Since it actually wont be the megaman they want, they wont want it. Also, some people dont like the designs of some megamans but like others, thus causing them to dislike it too. Just wait and you will see what actually gets made here.

TheComrade

Smash Rookie
Wow, thank you so much for doing this! I almost considered it a crime for there to be two other 3rd party characters in Brawl without including at least one of the incarnations of the world famous blue bomber. So again, thank you for taking it upon yourself to rectify Nintendo's nigh-criminal oversight.

As for the question of which Megaman to include, I'd say that I applaud any efforts seen to bring any of them to the game (having followed the character's entire career by this point, I have love for all his forms). Hell, at this point I'd still cheer even if this was a model based on the crappy animated version from the old cartoon series!

If by any chance you are making a 3D model based on the original bomber, I'd like to recommend a move that generates a depowered, graphically hacked version of the soccer ball item, in turn paying homage to both Megaman 8 and the incredibly classic (if perhaps slightly inexplicable) Megaman Soccer.

Anywho, I'm sure your are going to get tired of people giving you suggestions, so sorry in advance for contributing to the problem early on. Again, I just wanted to say thanks for your efforts and that I look forward to your entry of the blue bomber into smash, which ever version or versions it/they may be.

-TheComrade

Naucitos

Smash Journeyman
I've been planning on making a megaman hack once model replacement was possible, would you mind me using your model for my own project once you finish?

hellishcompany

Smash Rookie
Standard Megaman is cool and so is X.

It really depends on which megaman model you're going to put in to determine how his moveset should be.

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
X would probably be the easiest one to go with if using Samus. Legends could work.

Moveset shouldn't really be a problem considering he has a lot of different enemies he's absorbed throughout the years and the only real move that is a staple to megaman is the mega/x/insert name buster.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
I mentioned you. :D

But it sounds like he's going for a Classic interpretation, though.
oh i see the post now, thankz colored blind ^_^ but a classic interpretation huh? well, this should be very interesting then, considering I was almost positive if megaman was in Brawl, he'd be X. ah well, should be neat anyway... heh heh heh XD

Rudra

Smash Ace
^ I see what you did thar...and that would be an epic inclusion for Brawl (after X of course)
:005:

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
^ I see what you did thar...and that would be an epic inclusion for Brawl (after X of course)
:005:
Lolz, i know its getting overused now XD -er (OH CRAP!) I mean, s-see wh-what..? (oops).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom