• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman Mains - What do you feel your weakness is?

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
My weakness is that I still have some mechanical issues. I've got to get more consistent with SH uAir on short characters, and occasionally mess up pivot uTilt. I also need to get the ledge trump bAir locked down. Although it isn't a "weakness", learning to judge the trajectory Crash Bomb sends the opponent would come in handy pretty often.

Lufos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lufosf
3DS FC
0087-2359-1559
My biggest weakness is that the people I play with doesn't really have fun playing vs my megaman, which in turn makes the game a little bit less fun for me... Therefore I usually only pick him when I wanna win (in tournaments etc) which mean I don't get as much practice in as I should

sonicmega

Smash Rookie
NNID
sonicmega
3DS FC
1306-5031-6241
ROB. ROB is my biggest problem right now. He has too many safe options against a close-range fighter, and has the potential to out-zone Megaman in both projectile arc and power (unless you grab his Top and hold onto it for as long as possible).

Lufos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lufosf
3DS FC
0087-2359-1559
^ sounds like an opportunity to add variety to your style.
Actually I have been picking up Peach and I absolutely LOVE her! Haven't had this much fun playing any other characters yet, which makes me feel sorry for the blue bomber :'(

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Keep moving. Keep hurtboxes out. Most of them are just playing safe to get you to make a mistake.
I'll try to keep this in mind too. Some times it can really annoying to deal with this when it comes to Falco and Fox players. Slightly less so for Sheik mains.

Sneak Sneaks

Smash Ace
My main issue is fast characters like Yoshi who keep jumping my projectiles and safely using aerials

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
My biggest weakness as mega man?

That Danger Wrap isn't a default custom.
Yeah, that move is awesome. The Crash Bomb isn't bad, but I have a better time with the Danger Wrap, more so at close range.

Hyruleslink

Smash Journeyman
ROB. ROB is my biggest problem right now. He has too many safe options against a close-range fighter, and has the potential to out-zone Megaman in both projectile arc and power (unless you grab his Top and hold onto it for as long as possible).
Get equipped with Skull Barrier.

Mattopia

Smash Rookie
I struggle most with strong rush down characters. Fast characters with strong aerial options in general like Sheik, Fox, Palutena, Yoshi, Falcon, etc. Mega man's defensive options are pretty bad in close quarters overall and I find myself having a hard time in neutral against characters who can dash in on any commitment.

Sneak Sneaks

Smash Ace
Actually Megaman can zone ruah down characters really good, With Yoshi he ca spam pellets while jumping andthey will have to risk amd attack because ur safe zoning

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
After two tournaments, i can say that my problem is autopiloting when things get too tough, and tunnel vision or whatever that thing when you don't look at your opponnent is.

Any way to work on this bad habits? I am going into every match thinking about it and it seems to help but, again, when things get tough i degrade into doing a routine and paying more attention to myself than to my opponnent.

Last edited:

UmbreonMageBrando

The Quiet One
NNID
Megaman648
I feel my weakness is using the metal blades too much to set up attack strings, knowing when its the right time to punish an attack, using dair, fair, and leaf shield too much when trying to cover my landing, panic air dodging/rolling when I'm pressured, jumping and empty jumping too much, using too many lemons, rarely using the crash bomb for anything, not spacing fair properly, using bair way too often, trying to get the kill when the opponent is at kill percents, shielding too much.

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
My main issue is hesitation. I don't know why, but sometimes I hesitate when I have a chance to attack, thinking that my opponent might be able to get a read in on me or I might mess up something and cost me the match and allow my opponent for a comeback. This doesn't happen when I'm doing well in a match, but in a close game, I tend to play more defensively than I already do, and sometimes that costs me the match.

Sneak Sneaks

Smash Ace
You know its kind of dissapointing not seeing much megaman in Ceo, it makes me reconsider maining him..

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
You know its kind of dissapointing not seeing much megaman in Ceo, it makes me reconsider maining him..
I think this would be better on the social or q&a thread.
Also, i really hope i don't come across as a jerk by saying this, but you should not main this character because he has good tournament results.

I get it with characters like Sheik, Rosalina and especially pre-nerf Diddy, since if you want to win really bad you should use whatever gets the job done. But if you want to main Megaman, that's a whole different story.

Be it by love for the character, or because he fits your playstyle, if you care about his tournament representation just keep on rocking pun intended (like you are doing it already, you got 2nd place recently didn't ya ^^).

Sneak Sneaks

Smash Ace
I think this would be better on the social or q&a thread.
Also, i really hope i don't come across as a jerk by saying this, but you should not main this character because he has good tournament results.

I get it with characters like Sheik, Rosalina and especially pre-nerf Diddy, since if you want to win really bad you should use whatever gets the job done. But if you want to main Megaman, that's a whole different story.

Be it by love for the character, or because he fits your playstyle, if you care about his tournament representation just keep on rocking pun intended (like you are doing it already, you got 2nd place recently didn't ya ^^).
Yeah I use megaman because I like his playstile, but you must admit it is good to see what you love is succesful, also yeah I got 2nd on a local tourney, I think one advantage of megaman is how uncommon is the matchup

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
I feel my weakness is punishing opponents with pellets too often. For example today a jiggly puff missed a rest on me and I am so used to shooting so many lemons that I accidentally hit her with one when i coulda got a kill with Dsmash.

Also using metal blade too often against fast characters while I'm on the ground and getting punished for it.

Top Bottom