• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mega Mass Madness 5, Melee Results Thread

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Singles (26 entrants) [Bracket]
1: wWw Dazwa ($120.00) :sheikmelee: :younglinkmelee:
2: GUTS KevinM ($60.00) :fox:
3: Spawn ($40.00) :sheikmelee:
4: Tope ($20.00) :sheikmelee:
5: Mofo ($10.00) :nessmelee:
5: GUTS MattDotZeb ($10.00) :falcomelee:
7: Stratford :fox:
7: Aber
9: MrLemon :drmario:
9: YCZ :samus2:
9: Pyn
9: Bank$ :sheikmelee:
13: Pimpfish :fox:
13: Hailey :peach:
13: Jesse
13: Nuro :sheikmelee:
--Pools cutoff--
17: DarkCloud
17: Randy
17: Tichinde :marthmelee:
17: Diesel :falconmelee: :ganondorf:
21: Ken
21: Joe
21: Dunc
21: Almo :falcomelee:
25: Vark
25: Jugs

Doubles (7 teams) [Round Robin]
1: KevinM + Dazwa ($40.00)
2: Tope + Spawn ($20.00)
3: YCZ + Stratford
4: Hailey + Diesel
5: MattDotZeb + Mofo
6: Dunc + Vark
7: 2 Pink Level 9 Luigis

Low Tier (9 Entrants) [Bracket]
1: Mofo ($7.00) :nessmelee:
2: KevinM :pikachu2:CHEATER
3: Dazwa :younglinkmelee:
4: Pimpfish
5: MattDotZeb
5: Nuro :linkmelee:
7: Vigilante (left early) :dkmelee:
7: tichinde925 :zeldamelee:
9: Jesse

Project:M (10 Entrants) [Bracket]
1: MDZ ($9.00)
2: Pimpfish
3: Bank$
4: KevinM
5: hotdogturtle
5: Mudkyp
7: Jesse
7: Nidra
9: Vigilante (left early)
9: tichinde925

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I might have beaten KevinM if I didn't kill myself early in game 1 :o

This was fun, especially for being my first tournament in a while. Shoutouts to Boxman for having a godlike stream setup.

ycz12

Smash Ace
Shoutouts to MDZ and Mofo for both beating me in bracket after getting 7-stocked by us in teams.

Further shoutouts later.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Prolly not you're booty doe

ps i miss you

edit: Had a lot of fun btw will throw down some shoutouts after work

Good stuff hosting Dylan :)

The Mofo

Smash Apprentice
First Ness to make money ever?

Great games to all, especially YCZ and Dazwa. Too bad my 3-0 low tier winners finals set vs Dazwa wasn't recorded tho.

"Your Ness is like 3x as good as HBox's" - Dazwa

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
wow, mass madnesses are still going on?

looks like it was a pretty small turnout compared to the last one I went to (what like a year ago?)

what up guys? lol

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
looks like it was a pretty small turnout compared to the last one I went to (what like a year ago?)
I'm guessing a lot of people couldn't make it due to it being on a Sunday (which, correct me if I'm wrong, has never happened for a Melee Mass Madness).

Ironically, the Brawl Mass Madnesses I've hosted haven't been getting a lot of entrants at all lately - usually only get between 15-25 people. We randomly drew in 38 on Saturday. I'm still not sure why we doubled our entrants >______>

EDIT: Added character usage for the hell of it - unfortunately I don't know everyone and their mains so feel free to correct mistakes and fill in the gaps.

Also I'm working on combining the Brawl and Melee .tio files so I can upload the result file to AiB together - but I'm 99% sure I'm the only Melee player in NE who still uses that site lol

Last but not least, if you enjoyed your time at this tournament, then please go to http://smashboards.com/threads/guts-2-turbo-melee-and-brawl-500-pot-bonus-each-umvc3-ae-ttt2-june-14th-2013-cambridge-ma.335286/]GUTS 2[/url]! We'll have much more setups, space, and time to work with, as well as a $500 pot bonus for both Melee and Brawl EACH. The wWw stream will return as well. If you'd like to support us and our future livestreams, please follow us on Twitch and subscribe to us on Youtube. Speaking of which, vids from the tournament have already been uploaded!

metroid1117

Smash Master
Hey, does anyone remember the characters that the top 8 used in PM? I'm trying to put together a results archive, and that information would be really useful :).

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I used ZSS
Zeb - Falco
Banks Marth
Pimpfish D3
HDT Wario
Mudkyp Ivysaur
Jesse used uhhh Snake?

Thats all I remember

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Shoutouts!

Boxman - thanks a ton for streaming my events :D
wWw Dazwa - yayyyyyy now I can wait another 4 more years until my next Melee win ;_;
GUTS KevinM - Really fun GFs (9 games jeeeeeeez), I learned a lot from it, and it's always a blast to team with you. We need to work on our Luigi matchups tho
Spawn - Still can't believe I somehow pulled out the win against you in WFs. Looking forward to the next time we play.
Tope - I thiiiiiink that was the first set I've played against you. It was fun though! You were one of the Sheiks I studied when I first picked her up so it was def an honor to get a chance to play against you.
Mofo - Yo DAT NESS. My Young Link is comin for YOU, MOFO
GUTS MattDotZeb - gj causing a few upsets and taking 1st in P:M! real talk though, why did you let a level 1 control your character in doubles? i've never felt so sandbagged in my life
Stratford - you and YCZ are still a pretty scary team to play against. I still haven't played you in singles though, kinda worried about it actually.
Aber - I don't think we talked all that much this weekend, but grats on the t8! Hope to see you next time :D
MrLemon - I thiiiiiink I played against you and Banks in doubles at the start of the day - you're REALLY good at teamwork, really fluid double recovery stuff that I'd expect to see from people who team all the time.
YCZ - dat Samus is a BEAST. hopefully I get a chance to play against you in Singles, last time we played was a loooooong time ago
Pyn - sorry for mispronouncing your name at least 30 times!
Bank$ - sorry you had to go early and do nothing all Brawl day, but I hope you had a fun weekend regardless. machomanbrother.jpg
Pimpfish - if i see a results thread a year from now and you're in the top3, i wouldn't be the least bit surprised. rapid improvement, mr fish
Hailey - one of these days we need to have a Y.Link vs Peach rematch. 30 MINUTE SET LESS GO
Jesse - WITH NO 'I'
Nuro - I owe you friendlies, forgot you wanted to play after GFs >_>
Tichinde - marth ditto mm?
Diesel - dat ganon. i felt like everytime it even lightly tapped me I'd immediately lose the stock in doubles ;_;
Almo - **** your honda son

Bakasama

Smash Apprentice
Wow, there's Project M tournies going on across the street from my college. I live in Waltham, which is pretty out of the way, but starting next year I'll be at FSU every day. Getting pretty hyped, hope Project M stays at VG Underground. Any links to the vid of the Ness winner?

Corona

Smash Apprentice
Wow, there's Project M tournies going on across the street from my college. I live in Waltham, which is pretty out of the way, but starting next year I'll be at FSU every day. Getting pretty hyped, hope Project M stays at VG Underground. Any links to the vid of the Ness winner?
You go to FSU? Nice man, I'll see you around then.

Top Bottom