• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mega Mass Madness 5: Banned in Germany - April 6th, 2013 - Framingham, MA, USA

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Mega Mass Madness 5
Banned in Germany

After the failed attempt to find a venue in Miami, Germany, Mega Mass Madness's 5th iteration will remain at its home at GameUnderground.

1251 Worcestor Rd.
Framingham, MA

For more details regarding the venue, check out their Facebook page.

SCHEDULE (Saturday April 6th)
11:00 am - Doors open
11:30 am - 12:30 - Signups for both 2v2 and 1v1
12:30 am - 12:45 - Signups for 2v2 ends
12:30 pm - Brawl 2v2 Begins
02:30 pm - Signups for 1v1 ends
03:00 pm - Brawl 1v1 Begins

SCHEDULE (Sunday April 7th)
11:00 am - Doors open
11:30 am - 12:30 - Signups for both 2v2 and 1v1
12:30 am - 12:45 - Signups for 2v2 ends
12:30 pm - Melee 2v2 Begins
02:30 pm - Signups for 1v1 ends
03:00 pm - Melee 1v1 Begins

Schedule is subject to change (most notably the start of 1v1)

ENTRY
Venue Fee - $5
Brawl/Melee Singles - $10
Brawl/Melee Doubles - $5 per person ($10 per Team)

PRIZES
Doubles
1st place - 60%
2nd place - 30%
3rd place - 10%

Singles (If there are 25 or more entrants):
1st place -48%
2nd place -22%
3rd place -14%
4th place - 8%
5th place (tie) - 4%
5th place (tie) - 4%

Singles (If there are fewer than 25 entrants):
1st place - 60%
2nd place - 30%
3rd place - 10%

RULES
mMm will continue using the APEX ruleset: http://www.apex-series.com/rules/rules-brawl/
The only exception will be the very last line - any hacks that DO NOT alter gameplay (custom music, infinite replay, etc.) are allowed, with the exception of custom textures.
Similarly, Melee will also be utilizing the APEX ruleset: http://www.apex-series.com/rules/melee/
And also similarly, there is an exception to this ruleset - Wobbling is allowed.

Livestream will be provided, courtesy of wWw Boxman.

Follow the event on other websites!:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/events/419804308104347/
AllisBrawl: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=13961
Smash4U: http://smash4u.net/threads/mar-30-2013-mega-mass-madness-5-banned-in-germany-framingham-ma.230/

Boxman X

Smash Ace
Look here steakhead, I didn't ask for your 2 bit
If anyone comes from OOR I will money match them. Or take a sweet picture with them to commemorate their time in SWEET, SWEET MASSACHUSETTS lol.

Hopefully this increases interest because this is(not to toot our own horn) the premiere New England event atm.

Reasons you should come:
1. It's in a retro game store with a lot of older, hard to find games.
2. There's multiple asian-food restaurants LITERALLY next door, a McDonalds less than a minute away, a grocery store across the street. Menus on-hand if you want to order takeout, many of which deliver straight to GU.
3. Tons of arcade games like Steet Fighter Alpha 3 and, iicr, Tekken 5. Initial D, Crazy Taxi and Mario Pinball.
4. Tons of music games. Beatmania IIDX, Popnmusic, Drum Mania, Dancemania, In The Groove Technika.
5. Plenty of CRT TVs ALREADY at the store. I'm talking like 10-15. Just bring a Wii+Brawl and we're good. Also ~10 EVO monitors if you get bored of Brawl and want to play, SSFIV, UMvC3, KoF XIII, SFxT, etc....

I upload all the matches ~a half hour after they happen so you can literally go home after the tournament and watch your games, study up and what not if you still have the energy. No waiting for weeks for someone to upload your games.

The only issue at all with the venue is the lack of folding chairs but if we can get 10-15 people to come from out of region I WILL GO BUY CHAIRS MYSELF.

Boxman X

Smash Ace
Look here steakhead, I didn't ask for your 2 bit
Some pics of the venue.

1 Table, 6 CRT TVs

Rhythm games in the background(And JonTron!??!?!)

Store full for an FGC Fight Night...wait that's only a 3rd of the store...

Other cool games

And join us after the tournament in Rock Band singing horrible renditions of all those songs you've heard a couple times

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
This is now a 2-day event! Sunday, April 7th we'll be hosting Melee events, while the Brawl events on April 6th remain unchaged. Expect details (ruleset, updated schedule, etc) within the next day or so.

EricL.

Smash Rookie
Cool. Someone should call me if they want to practice for this.

Last edited:

Sawybean

Smash Rookie
Super excited! This is gonna be my first tourney!
(I haven't been able to before because of age restrictions, of all things)

IceArrow

Smash Lord
There aren't any age restrictions at tournaments. My first tournament was when I was 12. It was a Melee tournament and I almost beat Almo. My next tournament I was 14 and played Fatal first round :(.

NightShadow6

Smash Journeyman
Would we be able to bring our own sets up for other games? (PM/Melee) Still enter the tournament and all that though.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
On Saturday, I usually like to dedicate as many setups as possible to Brawl because of how long it typically takes to run. Once singles has winded down and we need less and less dedicated setups, I don't mind converting a setup or two over.

On Sunday, if you wanted to setup P:M, it shoooooould be fine provided there isn't an extreme abundance of entrants/lack of setups.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
If I do go to this, it will probably be my last mk legal tourney besides SKTAR 2. Dazwa, you should definitely make the next mass madness mk banned if you are doing another.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
it's the exact same schedule as the Brawl day, but idk why I neglected to edit it in. nice catch!

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
Don't worry Quest.

We'll be sure to keep hosting MK legal tournaments so you won't have to fight Meta Knight anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IceArrow

Smash Lord
Marth is one of the best characters to deal with MK. Its just one MU anyways, just go to MK allowed tournaments or else you will only be able to attend Xs tourneys.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
don't act so simple minded.

"it's just one MU"...lol

one MU that you literally have to face 100% of the time in your matches, and that you have no hope of winning unless your opponent decides to drop the controller.

People are stupid when they say Marth is somehow viable vs Meta Knight. No character is viable vs Meta Knight besides Meta Knight.

IceArrow

Smash Lord
I've never played a Meta Knight in tournament. Ever. Wish I did because I like that MU. How is Marth not viable vs. MK? Tyrant's Marth went just about even with Zero's MK. With a grab Marth has a lot of options, one being a spike.

IceArrow

Smash Lord
Anybody who knows anything about the MU against MK makes the game a lot closer. Also you probably have very little MK vs. ICs experience meaning that you will get destroyed.

Top Bottom