• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mega Mass Madness 5: Banned in Germany - April 6th, 2013 - Framingham, MA, USA

NH Cody

Smash Champion
I told you I would have preferred that to be a gift since I don't like owing people money. If you really still insist on me giving you the $5 then I will if I go to this tourney >_>

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Okay, but we're still doing that other MM where I can use Toon link, right? that way I can win my money back if I lose with meta knight, lolol.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
if its not $20 we're not showcasing it on the stream like we did with Almo/JoeST from awhile back

you're free to do it prior to or after the tournament tho

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Come on Dazwa, why do you have to be lame...it's better to have an MM of any kind on stream than the friendlies that are usually on stream before the tourney

NH Cody

Smash Champion
so are you saying you would stream it if we did it before the tourney? xD If so, that would be fine.

I just like playing on livestream because I can watch my matches later and learn from them.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
yayaya, I thought you guys had intended to have it livestreamed inbetween Doubles and Singles, like what we did with Almo a few tournaments ago. but since it's only $5 though, it's gonna be pre- or post-show at most

NH Cody

Smash Champion
I don't see why the amount of money matters lol. We both do a lot of money matches at tournaments and take them seriously. either way $5 can buy you some nice things

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I wouldn't sweat it - singles doesn't usually start until 3:30-4ish anyway. I'll add you to the bracket just to be sure, though.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I don't really care about character tiers - if anything, underused characters utilized by talented players are solid picks for streamed matches.

With that said, nearly 100% of my preference for which match gets streamed is whatever the "hypest" match I've got in my upcoming matches. The first round of the tournament usually has like 4-5 "free" matches, and then a handful of closer, harder to decide ones. 99% of the time I'll go for the closer ones. Later in the tournament, there's also a large preference to have winners bracket matches on stream over their loser bracket counterparts - so just keep winning, if anything.

Hope you can make it though!

Kokomaniac

Smash Journeyman
My question is how good are you people because I want to go but I want to know if I'm going to get beaten badly or just beaten

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
My question is how good are you people because I want to go but I want to know if I'm going to get beaten badly or just beaten
The people who go are usually fairly strong players, but it doesn't hurt to attend and find out how well you do! The chance to practice with other people is also a nice plus.

<- Newcomer. First real tourney, wanna see how far i can go. Any tips? Quick question: why is it banned in germany?
Get tons of friendlies in, practice etc.

It's "Banned in Germany" because a few of the match videos we uploaded to Youtube got flagged for copyright violations due to having certain custom songs added. Apparently as a result of that flag, Youtube users in Germany are blocked from viewing those specific videos. "Banned in Germany" just seemed like a neat tagline to poke fun at it.

IceArrow

Smash Lord
Players here are extremely talented players that know what to do in every situation. Every first tournament you shouldn't expect to win a tournament game because nobody does at their first tournament. However, you will learn a lot and become a lot better at this tournament and eventually after a few tournaments you can get a lot better.

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
Raptor, Dazwa's had KC 24 (Sonic) and LordXavier (Link) on stream before. A lot of NE use moslty high tiers, excpet RI, but a lot of us get eliminated early due just lack of experience and/or skill. Hopefully we can change that this tourney.

Spaghetti

Smash Apprentice
oh god dazwa just heard from my band director that my audition got rescheduled on saturday to 4:30 ssdafaslkdjhaksfjd

really wanted to go but can't now sorry

sdkfjdf

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I've no clue since I'm from Maine, but I'm sure a quick Google search could tell you

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Dazwa, you should let me try some commentary if there's a livestream. I think I would be good at that and want to see how it goes. (even for one match)

Tugnus

Smash Cadet
This will be my first tournament. I'm forcing my roommate to drive me, but he doesn't want to go both days. I actually play Brawl/Melee/PM, all at a similar competitive level (decent techskill, way too agressive). The story behind my learning curve is actually pretty hilarious.

Obviously I'm going to the tournament for the "fun" aspect and not really to compete (Although I'm actually super excited to get *****). I would rather go Sunday, but it looks like most people are Brawl players. Which day will have a bigger turnout? Do the Brawl players go Sunday as well?

Top Bottom