• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Mega man MU [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budderpig64

Smash Rookie
Budderpig64 submitted a new guide:

Mega man MU - Megaman MU/matchups

Yo, i'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, i'm pretty new to Smashboards.
Anyway I made a MU spread with Mega man, however there are a few match ups that i'm not sure exactly how Mega man fairs in, due to lack of experience, so if anyone could give there opinion it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Very Hard::4mario::4sheik::rosalina:
Hard::4rob::4villager::4fox::4mewtwo::4pikachu:
Slight disadvantage::4cloud::4zss::4wiifit:...
Read more about this guide...

Grayson the Emblemier

Smash Rookie
NNID
FluerdeLis
This is a Godsend! I have a tournament tomorrow and one of the best players is a Mega-Man, I play Villager and Marth mainly and people have said that Villager has trouble against Mega-Man. Do you have any advice on the Mega-Man vs Villager MU?

Wreck33

Smash Journeyman
Villager cant win unless jank happens if you play a good MM witch there arent many so might be alright anyways. Marth loses badly aswell but same applies here. Who is the MM you will play? And I can say if you are in for a treat or not.

Last edited:

Grayson the Emblemier

Smash Rookie
NNID
FluerdeLis
Villager cant win unless jank happens if you play a good MM witch there arent many so might be alright anyways. Marth loses badly aswell but same applies here. Who is the MM you will play? And I can say if you are in for a treat or not.
The Mega-Man is a player called Regulating Mofo, he is a Mega-Man in my area

Wreck33

Smash Journeyman
Dont know him and couldnt find a vid :(
And Jigglypuff is somewhere 70-30 80-20 MMs favor

Last edited:

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
After looking at this match up spread, there are a lot of match ups that I disagree with. For starters...

I don't know how your ratios for slight disadvantage, hard, and very hard are since a lot people have different meanings. I'm "just going to assume" that slight disadvantage is 45:55, hard is 40:60, and very hard is 35:65 or worse and if that's the case then well...

Very Hard: If this was pre-patch 1.1.5, then I would agree with Shiek. Now that Shiek has been hit with nerf hammer hard, Mega Man no longer has any really bad match ups. Both Mario and Rosalina either barely beat us or has an advantage over us.

Hard: We beat Villager and R.O.B. Only Shiek is without question hard. I also think Fox is up there for sure, but a lot of us have different opinions on the Fox match up compared to Shiek. You could put Mario and Pikachu there, but it's really a toss up and I find Shiek and Fox to be more difficult than Mario and Pikachu. Even though Mewtwo has the edge over us, I think it's only a slight advantage.

Slight Disadvantage: We beat both Cloud and Wii Fit trainer.

Even: Captain Falcon has a slight edge over us and we shut Ryu down. Also, Mega Man has a lot of even match ups mainly due to his polarizing stats and moveset.

Slight Advantage: Jigglypuff has a really hard time dealing with us and King Dedede is one of two characters that we flat out destroy. Due to tough guy status, Bowser could care less about lemons and live for a long time. I consider that match up to be even. Bowser is really scary especially with rage.

Easy: Ganondorf is the other character that I think we beat pretty badly. Palutena has a lot of options against us for us to have an advantage over her and it's another match up I find to be even. Little Mac is a huge pain to deal with. He may be easy to gimp, but he isn't THAT easy and he is a monster whenever he is on stage (especially Final Destination). I think Little Mac actually might have a slight advantage over us. Then again, online lag could be a reason why I think this.

Too Little Experience: Can't comment much on this other than most of these match ups are either even or slight advantage for us.

This isn't my entire match up disagreements, but rather the ones that stick out to me. There's a dozen or so that I can't say for sure what the mu ratios are as there are so many different characters to learn and analyze. Yeah, 58 characters is a lot I must say.

5unbaked

Smash Rookie
In regards to the unknown character MU's, whenever I play mega man against a diddy kong I've found metal blade to be imperative to winning that MU. It can eliminate Diddy's banana, can stop the monkey flip command grab, and is generally pretty effective at keeping him out. Also, I consider Wario an even matchup, because alot of MM's moves can stop Wario's bike, making the bike fake pressure essentially, but on the other hand, Wario can eat a handful of MM's projectiles, forcing MM to approach with aerials, which is by no means bad, its just Wario's are better IMO.

5unbaked

Smash Rookie
This is a Godsend! I have a tournament tomorrow and one of the best players is a Mega-Man, I play Villager and Marth mainly and people have said that Villager has trouble against Mega-Man. Do you have any advice on the Mega-Man vs Villager MU?
I don't think pocket is a big problem unless he grabs an f-smash, because if he grabs a projectile then pocket is no longer a problem until Villager throws it back out. Also MM's projectiles outrange Villager's slingshot, and are faster than Lloid Rocket, so he wins in the projectile game. The only real worry is when you're up a villager that a. Knows how to use the tree to apply pressure, and b. consistently gets conversions out of grabs.

Budderpig64

Smash Rookie
In regards to the unknown character MU's, whenever I play mega man against a diddy kong I've found metal blade to be imperative to winning that MU. It can eliminate Diddy's banana, can stop the monkey flip command grab, and is generally pretty effective at keeping him out. Also, I consider Wario an even matchup, because alot of MM's moves can stop Wario's bike, making the bike fake pressure essentially, but on the other hand, Wario can eat a handful of MM's projectiles, forcing MM to approach with aerials, which is by no means bad, its just Wario's are better IMO.
Thanks for that. I really appreciate your help

Megamang

Smash Lord
Be wary of monkey flip punishing metal blafr on reaction, since the kick goes right thru your blade. Run away pivot ftilt is your friend here, especially if you make it a nair it will stuff him with ease.

Learn to shoot the banana with pellets when he pulls it to kill it. If your ground game is on point, diddy has to guess with monkey flip and from here you should destroy him, since your reward is considerably better. Monkey kick can be powershielded and grabbed which puts him offstage, and if you add leaves it does a lot of damage.

Abuse diddys really terrible air speed. Read the monkey flips he MUST use to escape, land a bair or even another uair, or a dashgrab to uthrow... or a usmash.

Bottom line, make a projectile wall. Watch how he breaks the wall, then abuse the options he takes. Edgeguard him with extreme prejudice. Weak fair makes the barrels fall, if i recally correctly, so that works better vs diddy than youd think at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom