• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Meet the Staff of Smashboards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Hello everyone :)

I had an idea a few weeks back about trying to connect with the SWF community on a more personal level. I wanted to attempt to remove the potential for any shyness or intimidation which may be present, and show that the lot of us are just normal forum users like yourselves. I know when I first joined the forum, I had questions about the forum but was way too afraid of sounding stupid or annoying by asking a staff member; and to this day I still get messaged by new users who always start off with "I hope I'm not bothering you..." before stating their question.

I asked a bunch of other moderators on the forum for help on this project, and I actually got a very satisfying amount of participation from other staff sending in their intro's. This project was completely optional, and no moderator was at any point ever forced to make an introduction post. All of these were done purely on the staff member's own will and time.

I hope you guys enjoy this, both as more of an in-depth look at the staff members of SWF, as well as the potential to find new friends whom you may share similar interests with. I wanted this to be for both new members, as well as for veteran members for that very reason.

The introductions are in no order whatsoever, but below you can find a descending list by power-rank order. Starting with Administrators and working down to Moderators, each name has a link to the post made by that staff member!

In conclusion, thank you for becoming a member at Smashboards! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact any of the staff members below, they will be happy to help you.

For the full list of staff members, click here.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -​

Administrators:
Senators:
Super Moderators:
Moderators:
Retired Staff:

Last edited by a moderator:

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Hiya!

My name is Gatlin, Fatlin, GatGat, or if you wanna go to a more personal level, Travis. Although there really is no "personal level" with me since I try to be open and friendly with anyone I talk to. I kind of suck at introductions lol, which makes it kind of ironic that I would be the one to make this thread. I moderate a few sections around the boards including the Meet & Greet section, Forum Games, NintenZone, and General Brawl.

Basically I'm your typical Nintendo "gamer", if you could even call me that, lol; but one game franchise in particular extra-stands out that that is MARIO KART! lol. I was super into Mario Kart Wii when it was super active and the servers were actually up and running, and I was extremely disappointed when WiFi shut down. I actually still play it competitively on "Wiimmfi" though, and if you play that game also, it would be amazing to race you! :) Speaking of Nintendo though, my favorite game ever of all time always and forever is Star Fox 64. It's pretty much the greatest of all time. I also love Zelda, and I am also currently learning MST speedruns on OoT!

Other than gaming, I work, listen to music, and eat probably a lot of unhealthy foods, tbh. It's not the most exciting upbeat life, but I kind of like it that way. EDM is my favorite genre of music: house, trance, DnB, etc. I tend to listen to a wide variety of music though, so chances are I'll have music preference similarities with pretty much anyone.

I really love Bowser btw! He's the best.

I don't really know how to end this haha, but thanks for reading! :teemo:

-

+: After several years, I think it's finally time to step down. Thanks for the memories and fun times, everyone. I'll miss you all. :)

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Hello everyone, new and old, my name is Neo Zero. I'm a moderator over on the Smash 4 boards currently, which being newbies I imagine a lot of you are interested in. Even if you're here for a different reason, like being interested in Project M or being swept up in the Melee hype, us mods are there to help you out. If any of you have any questions, concerns or even just want to chat, feel free to hit me up, and welcome to Smashboards, enjoy your stay all!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hello, all! I'm Opossum, and I moderate the Smash 4 Boards with a bunch of other awesome mods. No spam gets past my eyes, that's for sure. I've got the fastest Spam Cleaning finger this side of the forums. ;D Just stay civil, and I'm a pretty easy-going guy.

I also make terrible puns, or at least...moderately terrible. Ba dum tsh. Keep that in mind the next time you want to disregard the Global Rules. Remember, people, bordered avatars are the best.

On some unrelated notes, I like to write and sing (I sing in the Bass II range, the lowest of the traditional SSAATTBB format). I am currently majoring in journalism and am having a great time with it! I'm also a big Disney geek and am trying to learn the accordion. As far as Smash Bros., I'm excited to play Little Mac in the upcoming games, and currently love playing Olimar, the Ice Climbers, King Dedede, and Donkey Kong.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Hello.

I'm Shaya and I like long walks on battlefield and snuggling and cuddling up close before I throw you up into the air; don't fret, you can trust that I'll catch you, every single time. I'm also a good listener, I react audibly faster than visually I find, you can come to me with any issues you have, especially those like your terrible clicking and clacking on your controller when you c stick or air dodge; I'll give you sound advice. I am both a lawyer and doctor, I am quite adept at legally taking your money after finding loopholes in your defense and stabbing you with sharp tipped objects to knock you up with the good stuff.

I've been in the Smash scene for a while, primarily through Brawl but I don't like to consider myself partial to any game specifically at this stage, I love the series and will continue to support it and its community for as long as I can muster strength to. I haven't been a Senator for very long but my general goals as such has been in anticipation for the latest games; I'm not a huge fan of "speculation" though, so while a few people see me around I have little interest in things I can't logic an answer to, my mind is on the prize that is the next generation of competitive Smash. I moderate by necessity and impartiality, my role/responsibilities are very separate parts to who I am, you can talk to me as Shaya and be banned by "The Shaynator" for [publicly] being an idiot at the same time.

My main interests are history, law, programming (I'm close to being a Software Engineer :>), the environment, [seasonal] anime, The Legend of dere-maR, professional tennis, strategy games and Hongey Roasted Cashews. You may also frequently see me being anal about good presentation in the form of avatars. I never lie, but I'm a prolific exaggerator and I probably have forgotten what not being sarcastic is like. Beyond Smash..
  • I've had runs as a professional LoL player during the first season (2 wins from going to Korea :<).
  • Try-harded through 4th gen of Pokemon (I don't know how to catch up now it's up to the 18th Generation and a new ones coming out like every other week).
  • Fire Emblem-ie stuff (if you've played FE5/Thracia 776 you were likely playing it in the patch I made :p).
  • Been a life-long vegetarian (not vegan; I LOVE CHEESE. BUT I'M SORRY AMERICA YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT CHEESE IS)
I live in Australia but have traveled to North America three times over the past few years, backpacking around and surviving off of the kindness of the Smash scene. My travels have given me life changing experiences and cultural perspectives that I don't believe I'll ever really be able to repay people/our scene for in full, I can only hope and assure you that we're the best community you'll ever be apart of if you put in the love and effort for it. I'm planning to come back again this coming Christmas season for Smash 4 shenanigans, if you're new and old alike I look forward to seeing you around!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hello there. I'm FalKoopa, or Fal for short. I live on the other side of the world as you, and moderate the Smash 4 boards when most of you are asleep. I'm known to be quite lenient and jolly, but that doesn't mean you can/should ignore the rules. ;)

Come talk to me just about anything and everything, I'll be there. You'll probably see me around in the Social threads and various character threads. Enjoy your time here. May it be as great as the time I've spent here. Well, that's all folks!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Hi! I'm Frostwraith and I'm a moderator on the NintenZone board. I like video games and also like manga and anime, though I also have other interests.

Stuff about me: I'm Portuguese. My favorite Smash Bros. character is Ganondorf and some of my favorite Nintendo franchises include The Legend of Zelda, Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus. I've also gained a fondness for JRPGs after playing Bravely Default and Xenoblade Chronicles on the 3DS, though I've played many Pokémon titles before, ranging from the original game to more recent entries like X/Y. I also like the RTS genre, particularly classic titles like Warcraft III and Command and Conquer. One of my all-time favorite games is Wario Land 3. I'm also a fan of Star Wars.

I'm open to any questions regarding the site, so feel free to contact me anytime. Besides being a Smashboards staff member, I also contribute to Source Gaming, having written a few articles for them.

All this said, welcome to the site and enjoy your time here!

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Hi everyone, I'm Teczero I'm also a super moderator here on SWF, I mostly focus on the Melee sections of the boards, but am able to help on other parts of the boards as well! I am also a Melee player as well so feel free to ask me where to go for advice if you're starting to learn Melee or for advice in general about Melee (I used to be decent in this game), or other advice about the site, I enjoy helping people out!

I also like school, and although I'm not a physics/math major I love hearing/learning anything new about these topics (I'm an engineer myself). If you want to be nerdy I will probably be willing to be nerdy with you.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hello, I'm ---. People also refer to as Tryphen, Triple Dash, Tri-Hy, etc. Currently I look after the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS and Group forums. Feel free to ask me questions about the site or send me an invite to your Social Group should you need any help watching over it.

Currently I'm studying International Relations and Japanese. I myself am a huge retro gamer and enjoy my fair share of anime/manga. All I ask is that you stay respectful of your fellow users and that you enjoy your time here on SWF.

Hong

The Strongest
Hey there. If you're new here, then allow me to welcome you to Smashboards! You've already been around the block for a while? That's great. A pleasure to still have you here with us.

I'm Hong, a primarily 64 and Melee player who can harken my story back to the beginnings of the community, taking stocks out here in the prairies of Manitoba, Canada. Back in my hayday, I also attended events near and far, which have left me some happy memories and I hope to forge more in the years to come. On my free time, first and foremost I am a warrior in both body and mind, as well as a humanitarian activist. I make a living in the general realm of software development and game design. Outside of Smash, I am also a member of the local queer, pagan, and game design communities.

I handle moderation and community manage of The Disco Room, a Premium-only board. Thus, for a lot of you, you won't see me much. That said, whether it's offline at an event or online here on Smashboards, never feel shy about saying hello. I'm not much for words but I'll do my best to make you feel welcome to our community, which I'm certainly familiar with over my fifteen years of involvement.

As always, have a good time. Glad to have you here.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I'm Ndayday, been on these boards for 6 years (!!!) at this point, joining just after the release of Brawl in 2008. I was 14 at the time and the world seemed a better place...
things will look up eventually, right?

There's no sense hiding it, I'm a dweeb. I like almost all video games (Pokemon and Animal Crossing get special mention), speedruns, competitive play, and other boring things like moderating internet forums. Eternally procrastinating self-improvement, the usual. Regardless if you ever want to talk or ask a question I'd help you out!

If I could say one last thing, I want to stress that a big part of the community and these boards, at least to me, is enjoying yourself. Whether that's playing with people online, discussing a series we all love, or just socializing with people, please have fun! Because if you're not, what are you doing?!

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Hello,

I'm the guy who makes your life miserable on the boards by adding more and more moderators! I also do whatever miscellaneous stuff comes up as well and have been dedicating time to this website for over half a decade now. You are free to message me with requests that require administrative assistance and I will attempt to assist.

My main smash game is Melee, however I do love dabbling in Smash 64, Project M and even Super Smash Flash 2 as well. Past that I'm a music addict; not the marching band kind though. Instead I just spend too much time listening and making a personal favourite Top 50 songs each week similar to Billboard. Then I read a bunch of webcomics as well and pretty much have a schedule with them. But past that, my time in disposable media (TV/video games/sports/anime/youtube/movies/social media) is rare. I do follow politics fairly religiously though!

Adios mis amigas,
Xiivi

PS: Catch me on Twitter: @XiiviZV.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
ayyo waddup ******

i dont actually play smash. i just mod dgames chillin wit homies where lulz are had and we play games n ****

as for myself im a us marine who just got back from 2 years in japan currently studyin criminal justice. i enjoy talkin about all kinds of **** from politics to culture to film to music to video games despite not playin em anymore to creepypasta. my hobbies include rappin and str8 dunkin on fools

im also the realest ***** on the site so if youz real yu can holla at me yo

SWAG OUT!!

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Hey, it's Liberation. I've been a mod for some time, but you may not see me much. I'm a bit of an underground man, yeah?

I work in the Writing Staff as well as the Rankings Staff, and I'm also a member of the Smash 4 Backroom. I'm the author of The State of Smash 4 series (if you haven't checked it out, I recommend you do), and do many behind the scenes activities. I'm a Greninja and Mii Brawler player (potentially one of the only ones of my kind), but I do it with gusto. I also dabble in other games like PM, but my focus is on Smash 4. I like electronic, anime, and many game genres. I've also got this nice border style that I have for my avatars.

Word of advice, get involved on the boards. There's many great communities out there and I'm sure you'll find one you can like. Be sure to enjoy yourself as well.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hi, I'm Venus. I moderate the Smash 4 section as well as help out the Meet and Greet when I can. I also help with the writing duties for News section! I live in Japan where I teach English from kindergarten to 9th grade plus some adult English classes. However, I am originally from Ohio where I was raised at. I play Melee, Brawl, and P:M but first started on the 64. In looking forward to picking up Smash Wii U and 3DS and I tend to main different characters per generation.

I currently main Zero Suit Samus but I'm looking to pick up the Zard. I use to play semi-competitively but never placed high and only did it for fun. I now play casually on my own, online, or with friends who don't know much about Smash. Outside of Smash, I like Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Kid Icarus, Pikmin, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Star Fox, and others. I also love Playstation and like Killzone, Uncharted, Final Fantasy, Soul Caliber, Street Fighter, etc. Mass Effect is my number 1 favorite game series, surpassing even Smash.

My hobbies include gardening, art, participating in local events, movies, music, cooking, playing and watching football, and pets. My wife and I have several pets: a chipmunk named Chura, two hamsters named Kuma and Sleepy, a gray rabbit named Ash, and a white kitten name June. I have an 80 gallon tropical community tank and a 50 gal brackish water tank with puffers and gobies.

I tend to be a laid back person who tries to treat everyone with the same amount of respect I expect to be treated. I'm often a skeptic and rarely give into hype - fun or otherwise. I feel this helps dull the feeling of disappointment when my expectations aren't met. I consider myself a realist and try to have a sense of composure in most things in life.

Don't be afraid to drop me a message and contact me! I may be busy most of the time but I will try and get back to you! If you have any questions about Smashboards or Smash, feel free to ask me anything!

Last edited:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Hey! I’m Firus (pronounced like fire-us), moderator of the Nintenzone forum and its child forums here on SmashBoards. Came here in the Brawl craze of ’08, but I’ve spent most of my time here in the Poké Center.

I’m a casual Smash player, though I try to keep some knowledge of the competitive scene. Melee is my favorite Smash game, but I do own and play both 64 and Brawl, and I fully intend to get Smash 4 on both systems (once I get a Wii U, anyway). As far as other games go, Metroid is my favorite video game franchise and Pokémon and Zelda are runners-up, while Mirror’s Edge is my all-time favorite game. Other non-franchise favorites include The World Ends With You, Terraria, and Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

My greatest passion is music (not playing so much as listening to it and attending concerts, though I am able to play a few instruments). I listen to a wide variety of music and I’m always excited to open up my library to new stuff of any genre. My favorite artists tend to shift, but a few favorites that never seem to fade with me are Imogen Heap(/Frou Frou), Anberlin, Jimmy Eat World, and Thriving Ivory. I also have a passion for writing and dumb puns, and I’m a huge fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel, NewsRadio, Scrubs, and Parks and Recreation as far as TV shows go. Otherwise, my primary belief above all is that everybody should do/like whatever they want as long as it’s not harming anybody else.

You can always feel free to contact me for whatever reason. I’m always up for casual discussion or helping people out when I can!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Hi, I'm Minato, and I'm SWF's Light House moderator. You'll find me posting mostly there, Media Metropolis, and other parts of Smashboards. Gaming's obviously my hobby, and my favorite types are RPGs, Fighters, and of course, good old Nintendo games. Some JRPGs I like are Chrono Trigger, FFs, Tales, and SMT. For fighting games, I usually pick up anything new and play it competitively. I haven't been active in Smash tourneys, but hopefully that will all change soon enough. If people are looking to get better at learning a fighter and want advice, don't hesitate to ask since I'm willing to help out.

Outside of games, I have typical hobbies of reading manga and watching anime. I also like to draw and play music here and there.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Hi I am Red Ryu your local furry Super Moderator of Smashboards. I'm an avid smash player who loves this series more than any other series. I'm mostly a Brawl player but I play every smash game to some degree, except only kind of for Smash 64 but is still fun. I also play a lot of league of legends on the side for some competitive play.

I usually have around DGames for some games they host there, come take a look we play a lot of mafia, adventure games and plenty of others.

I'm currently in school trying to finish it up, got 1 more year left then I am all done.

I'm a really nice guy so don't be afraid to ask me any questions if you got any, if you just want to talk that also is perfectly fine!

Hope to see you all around Smashboards!

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
There is no introduction to this, don't expect any nice formalities. The name is IsmaR, both on the screen and in person. If you post dumb stuff on the Smash 4 boards, suck up because of the shiny banners, call me him/his/dude/bro, or just look at me funny, then you'll more than likely get to know my foot on a more personal basis. You manage to avoid those, and I'm the sweetest person you'll ever know. Though the sightings of dere-maR haven't been reported for over a millennia, so it's thought to have just been a myth.

Needless to say, Smash continues to be one of those persistent things I keep coming back to. I've been around since pre-Brawl days, and have all but been to every nook and cranny of this site. Contrary to my participation in it, I abhor speculation. Playing Smash > finding logic/patterns/trying to predict what the developers are thinking, what they would do, or why they hate us for not adding Goku. But I digress. I played 64 and early Melee as a blissfully unaware casual, got my ass kicked upon discovering competitive community, became a sparsely known Spamus player in Barwlz, and look to get back into things with the upcoming games. So if you plan on being a troll and asserting your own terrible opinions as fact in the future competitive scene, we'll probably be the best of friends.

Other than Smash, you'll probably find me

• working/doing pharmacy stuff
  • being Mexican/other minor ethnicities and burning in the Arizonan desert
  • being a friend to all nature/animals, save for humans
  • being a failed artist/critic and perfectionist
  • revering the celestial gift that is Metroid
  • catching them all/being a nerd on Pokemon
  • curb stomping people's brains out/ripping their arms off and beating them to death with it in other games
  • gushing over ponies (which I've enjoyed since before 2012, tyvm)
  • destroying men
  • being sarcastic
  • not being sarcastic
  • okay sarcasm
  • being pessimistic/misanthropic
  • reading or writing fanfiction (of varying levels of appropriateness)
  • typing excessive walls of text
  • namesearching
  • doing whatever Shaya tells me to do, including making this post

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I've been in the competitive Melee/Project M scene for over 4 years and have become known for bringing tons of setups for tourneys. Even when I can't bring 5-6 TVs, I still bring at least 3 wiis and 3 cubes even if I'm flying. I've also been a part of the Project M Development Team for a little over 4 years now as a programmer and playtester. I taught myself assembly with a bit of help from dantarion for working on Project M. I'm hoping this knowledge will help me in my future of computer science. I moderate the Melee and Project M boards. If you have any questions about Melee or Project M I will do my best to answer you.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Hi, I'm Mic. Welcome to the site.

I've been around for (holy crap) 11 years now, so I know my way around here a bit, so if you ever have any questions, concerns or just want to randomly say hi, feel free. Unlike most things that live in Australia, I neither bite, nor am venomous. I do keep things in a pouch, however.

I've been around since before a smash scene existed in Australia, being one of the 12 participants in Australia's first interstate Melee tournament. Since then, the years have passed and the scene has grown steadily and strongly. While my skill seemed to plateu in the days before Brawl, I do still enjoy playing the game and catching up with friends. Looking forward a lot to Smash 3DS, as I don't have a WiiU (yet? Been doing more PC than console gaming the last few years)

Other than smash and moderating, I'm close to completing my Bachelours degree in Primary Teaching. Something about Moderating lends itself well to the classroom. Some might say it's because of all the squabbling and messing around, I prefer to think of it more of the helping people.

Outside of that, I'm a sucker for Valves works (Where's Half Life 3? D: ) sci-fi and fantasy novels and I really don't know what else to put here, so I'll just leave it with a rambling sentence that will just randomly fini

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
What are you doing here? Get off my lawn, you darn kids.

I'm Backgammon.

I only started competitive Smash a few months ago, but I've been playing Smash since 64 came out.
I like to think that I'm good, but track record goes against that. My Smash future looks like I'm going to lean more towards TO'ing than anything else, especially when Smash 4 comes out. I'm also preparing a YouTube channel to record competitive Smash 4 gameplay for all you lovelies to see.

However, just because I'm a mod, doesn't mean you have to be wary about talking to me. I'm always around to lend an ear and you're 100% welcome to just strike up a conversation with me. However, if you incur my wrath, don't expect to get away lightly.

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
It's a wise quote to remember when you're around me. If you stay on my good side, we'll get on awesomely and you'll have nothing to fear. Get on my bad side though...

Outside of Smash, I'm still mostly a gamer. I play World of Warcraft on occasion, I also play far too much Flight Rising.
I'm also working on a series called "Freedom?". It's hush hush for now.

I'm also very bad at writing about myself.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Hey, I'm Hokori (not Hickory/Hikori T~T)

A big part of where my name originated was from the anime Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood (if you haven't seen it, and you're someone who enjoys anime at least every now and then, please put that on your to do list). It's meaning contradicts the nature of the Homunculus, Pride, but that was the goal.

Outside of Smash, I love me some Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda, Star Fox, and Metroid. Xenoblade is awesome as well (get it while you can). Nintendo franchises aside, I'll list only a couple of series to avoid going off on another tangent...Kingdom Hearts and Metal Gear Solid. There you go. Since this was short, I guess I'll throw in a couple hobbies as well. I LOVE listening to music. I appreciate all kinds of genres. From The Veils to Nas, and from Bob Marley to Frank Sinatra, it doesn't matter, I'll give it a listen if it has substance. I also enjoy instrumentals from Nujabes and VG/anime music. That being said, feel free to message or write on my profile some of the artists you enjoy listening to. I also enjoy writing (although I haven't done so in such a long time) , sports, and playing Saxophone (Alto, Tenor, Baritone, Soprano), just to name a few others

I’m one of the newer mods for the Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS section. You’ll often find me there, and right here in the M&G forum.

I joined Smashboards out of love for the game, but over time, I've truly developed a love for the community here. I appreciate it enough to the point where I felt like I should start reaching out more and just doing what I can to help it out. That being said, one of the things I felt was important was/is welcoming each and every newcomer that come to the forums. For some, it doesn't really matter too much (hell, they may even completely skip this forum), but for others, I know it can be a bit tough on the nerves to join a community as large as this one with little to no forum experience, on top of that, having social phobias. I just try to make everyone feel pretty welcome and accepted as best as I can since I want this place to continue to grow and for people to continue to talk about how wonderful of a community that we have here.

Feel free to send me a message if you ever have any questions or just to talk. Thanks for reading!

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
The name is Kyokoro. It doesn't mean anything, it's a nickname I invented by putting together some letters I thought sounded well.
People call me Kyo IRL, so you can do that!

I studied Gastronomy, making me a professional cook, aspiring to some day having an own kitchen business (cafe/pastries mainly).
I like animals (I own a cat named Termes), so much that I also aspired to be Veterinary, but the career didn't exist in my town by the time I picked Gastronomy. Funny enough, it does now, but I already got a title I'm not turning it down anytime soon.
I still like animals and don't mind taking care of them.

As for gaming, I just love competition games. From Puzzle League, some Pokémon Battles*, Tetris (particularly Sakura Tetris), any form of Fighting Game (except MvC3, **** that game), even some physical games like Pump it Up (the 5-panel version of DDR), and of course, Smash, a game that I intensely love because it's interesting to explore into its depths, and it makes me meet a lot of people (like you, dear reader!).

Mainly logical, highly critical, strong willed, very sarcastic, with a skewed sense of morality.

If there is something I'm missing, or you want to know about anything else, just ask.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hey guys, I'm Hylian. You can probably figure out where I got it the name :p.

I've been an administrator on Smashboards since 2010, and been going to smash tournaments since 2003. I am mostly in charge of the rankings system that smashboards has, if anyone is interested in helping out with it let me know! I also just do various things around the forums like handle user requests that moderators cannot, various PR things, and just random admin stuff. You'll mostly find me in the Project M section of the forums as I am also part of the Project M Dev Team. I try not to do much moderating there and leave it to the mods but sometimes I'll step in if there are problems :colorful:.

As far as smash is concerned, I play or have played every smash game competitively. I currently focus on Melee and Project M, though in the past I have been a top brawl player. I absolutely love the smash community and it's a huge part of my life. I am often at National tournaments so if you see me than don't be afraid to introduce yourself, I love meeting new people! I strive to grow the scene in any way possible and enjoy pretty much everything about smash. I stream Project M fairly often as well as other games if you are interested in seeing more of me.

As far as personality goes, I'm a logical person with a sarcastic sense of humor. I don't get offended easily and am extremely laid back. Despite being laid back however I am an incredibly competitive person. I attend tournaments and try to become a top player of pretty much any game I play, and even in life I was on a swimming/wrestling team for 4 years as well as an avid runner as well as a competitive chess player. I just love competing against people. I was considered the best in the world at JK2: Jedi Outcast for a short time, was top 2% on the NA servers of SC2 when it launched, have won multiple DDR tournaments and a good amount of smash tournaments as well as a few other achievements. Most of my competitive drive these days however has faded and I have pretty much stuck with the smash scene through just love of the community.

If you ever have questions regarding Smashboards, Smash, Project M, or just life in general I will try my best to help you out.

Au revoir ;).

Last edited:

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Hey y'all, I'm iDOWN. I'm a musician, a gamer, and an awkwardness extraordinaire. You can usually find me floating around the Smash 4 boards, as I am a moderator over there, and also part of the writing staff here on SmashBoards (currently focusing on Smash 4 and Nintendo News). As far as being a musician, I'm mainly a vocalist, but I can also play drums and keys, and I'm also teaching myself ukulele. I love basically anything Nintendo-related. I am a sucker for Legend of Zelda, especially. Even so, my favorite series of all time will always be Super Smash Bros. Believe it or not, I got really into everything Nintendo because of Super Smash Bros.

I'm originally from Louisiana, but I currently live in the hot, muggy, disgusting state of Florida, where I work as a full time Disney Cast Member. I train people in multiple areas around the Magic Kingdom park. I love my job, but I hope to eventually move to Washington to pursue a career with Nintendo. Currently, I'm in school shooting for two degrees: one in English (with a focus in editing), and one in Computer Science (with a focus in game design).

I'm super friendly because I was brainwashed by Disney, so feel free to talk to me ALWAYS. I love meeting new people, and I love making new friends even more. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about anything, or if you just want to chat or say hi, I'm here for ya!

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Hey everyone! My name is Chloe, and I go by the tag Yink.

My Smash career started in 2009, though I actually lurked Smashboards for a few years before actually making an account and posting. Competitively, I started with Melee, but I did start playing Smash when the original 64 version came out. Brawl was the first game where I really decided to put a lot of effort into getting better and getting involved in the community. I'm primarily a Ness main and can tell you tons of things about him in both Smash and the MOTHER series. Besides playing, I also host, and I'll look forward to seeing some of you at Apex 2015 this year, since I'll be hosting Brawl. Come see me! Or, tell me where you are!

I actually just graduated with a degree in Art History this past summer. I study the history of Asian art (particularly Japan and its ancient gardens). I finished up an independent study on the history of Animation, and I basically have a thesis partially prepared for when I go back to grad school (hopefully at the University of Washington in a year or two). Right now I work as a design/project assistant at a medical company, creating imagery in the Adobe Creative Suite and finalizing it in MadCap to be used as instruction booklets for doctors. It's a really fun job, haha.

Outside of Smash, I really enjoy listening to music, playing tennis, painting, and trying my hand at sculpture art (sand/snow sculpture, carving, etc.) Reading takes up a lot of my time and I read just about everything, from fables to books on the study of the universe. I run a lot too; usually an hour or two a day if I have the time! I also enjoy playing other video games if I have time, my favorites being MOTHER games, Mario games, and Mega Man games. I also speedrun Mega Man X8. Right now, I'm working on paying for my wedding, so I'm going to try to make it as "subtly" nerdy as possible.

As for myself, I like to consider myself a patient person, and very willing to listen to someone if they have an issue. If you ever need someone to talk to, please come to me! I don't mind! I'm very outgoing, but this can lead to me potentially being a bit overwhelming at times, and for that I apologize. I just love being around people and I love working as a team.

I live in Iowa right now, but besides living in the States, I've lived in eight other countries: Germany, Italy, France, the UK, Liechtenstein, Austria, Switzerland, and Japan. I love traveling, and I plan on going to Taiwan for my honeymoon with my fiancé! If you'd like stories about cool places to visit in the world, boy do we have a lot to talk about.

That's pretty much me! I hope you enjoy visiting the Smash 3DS/Wii U Mega Man or Ness board. We'd love to see you there! Thanks for visiting Smashboards and contributing to the community. It goes a long way if we help each other out. Enjoy your stay!

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Hi everyone! My name is Vic and I go by the gamer tag Victra.

I was a moderator here on Smashboards back in 2009, and during that time I looked over the Canada and the Melee forums. I resigned to commit my time towards my university studies, but now that i've graduated and working full-time, I'm incredibly excited to be a part of the Smashboards staff once again! I'll be covering the Canada and Melee forums as I did in the past, with the addition of the Falcon boards for Smash for the 3DS and Wii U.

To give a few details about myself, I entered the competitive Smash community in 2006. I'm an active competitive Melee and Smash 4 player where I main Falcon in both games, and I also organize and run both local and provincial-sized tournaments in my region up here in Alberta Canada. Of course, I'm a moderator here on Smashboards for the Melee forums, as well as the Smash 4 Falcon and Canada sub-forums. I love travelling for Smash.

Outside of Smash, I work as a civil engineer where I design and manage various large scale civil projects locally in my city and elsewhere in Canada. I'm also a huge advocate of science literacy, STEM education, and youth outreach, and I volunteer whenever I can to promote science. Ultimately, my goals are to work for a few more years as an engineer to earn my professional designation, and then pursue a career as a math and physics teacher. I have a very special place in my heart for astronomy and astrophysics, music, and good food and drink.

Anyways, that's me! Hope you fall in love with Smashboards as much as I have over the years. Let's continue to be the community that we are all proud to be a part of!

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Hello everynyan! You lot can call me Jungle and I like to burn things with fire!

I've been on staff since 2010??? 2011? I don't remember. I played melee from 2009-2012 and was also a TO in Michigan during that time. I've been extremely interested in Smash 4 for 3DS and hope that community can continue to thrive after the WiiU release!.

I'm in law school now. If you are ever thinking about going into this field, message me so I can talk you out of it (jk follow ur dreams kid). I currently work at a law firm where my primary focus is on preparation for appellate matters. I'm also currently in the process of editing a couple comments for publication. Exciting stuff I know.

Outside of school and work, I try to do a couple things. I like to play video games (Fighting games and RPGs mostly) and TCGs (YGO and Pokemon), I like to spoil my cat, and I like to watch football, soccer, and baseball. I used to watch anime. I also love reading about the markets and different investment strategies. I also like to listen to music even though SOMEONE coughxiivicough doesn't keep me up to date anymore. I also love coffee. Despite all that, most of my free time goes to mobile games. You know, those ****ty f2p but p2w CCGs. I play Million Arthur, Valkyrie Crusade, Puzzles & Dragons, Love Love School Idol Festival, and Mikucolle. This paragraph is a mess.

Anyway, that's about it. Always feel free to reach out if you need anything or want to chat!

Nya~!

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Hi! Sucumbio, here. Resident "old guy." I've been a member since 2008, when I started getting into competitive Brawl. I found my way to smashboard's Debate Hall, and have been hiding there ever since :p

If you have any questions or concerns about the DH please feel free to PM me. The board is open to all members, and we welcome your participation!

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hello, my name is Cyndane and I am an Administrator here on the boards. I deal with a lot of HR issues and I also assist Xiivi with staffing. I also do some rankings work. I created the official SB Discord, so if you have any issues there, feel free to DM me there.

If you post in forum support, there is a good chance I will be the one to respond to you. Other that, you can usually catch me posting a fancy welcoming post intended to direct new users to other parts of the boards or you may see me flitting around all over the boards, but I mainly frequent the Disco Room, Nintenzone social, and Ultimate sections.

I have many hobbies, but my main love is for books. Fantasy in particular. I'm always open to suggestions on a new series or a new great standalone novel. I love gaming as well (which I guess is obvious considering the site we are at.) I love SSB and have mained :4sheik: since Melee. My real love for gaming is a solid single player experience with a game that has a great storyline.

Anyways, if you have any questions or need help with anything, do not hesitate to ask. Have an awesome day. :chrono:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I'm an admin now, so I guess I have to update this, huh

So yeah. I'm an admin. I do admin stuff here. Which mostly amounts to banning people for being idiots or trolls or bigots. Don't be an idiot or a troll or a bigot, and we'll get on just fine. :b

As for Smash, I've been playing since Melee, and in each game I've played Marth or some descendant of his. Marth is cool.

Other than that, I like Fire Emblem (for which you should totally check out the dedicated Fire Emblem section here), Ace Attorney, and Etrian Odyssey (for which there isn't any dedicated section... yet). If you don't know what the latter is, go play it now and find out. :foe!:

Elsewhere on the internet, you'll probably find me helping out at places like Fire Emblem Wiki, for which I help run the server hosting it and a bunch of other game-related sites. :lucina:

I like helping people, so if you have any questions about the site, feel free to ask whenever and I'll probably be able to point you in the right direction. :forrest:

And that's about all I have to say. Hope you enjoy your time here.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Name's AEM.
Though I might change it someday, at the time of me posting this I refer to myself with that name online.
I'm a mod, I think. If there's no red banner below my name it means I must have screwed up somehow.

What do I do here? I really don't know that, I just kinda help out here and there. Nothing real special. What I do know is that I enjoy playing Smash for Wii U / 3DS and I use Mii Fighters. I dabble with other characters sometimes, but my goto mains are the Miis. Why is that you ask?

Well, I have a taste for really niche things. For example, I'm enamored with Nikki from the discontinued service: Swapnote / Nintendo Letter Box (Depending on region). She's usually in my avatar, and if she isn't for some reason; she probably will be again soon enough. Why am I so fond of this character? I honestly don't know, it just started as a joke with some old friends of mine and now she's controlling my life.

There really isn't much else to share from me beyond that, I don't really think there's more for me to waste your time with.
If for whatever reason this introductory post makes you want to know even more about me, shoot me a PM! I'm also around the web as AEMehr if you're interested in the other stuff I do. It's a bit more specific than AEM, so that should make it easier to find me. Though I can't say you'd find anything really interesting.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Hey guys!

I'm PushDustIn. I originally came to the site because I wanted to speculate what the newest Smash game (Smash for Wii U/3DS) would look like. Eventually, I became heavily involved with the leaks group, where we discussed all those fake text leaks (and the real ERSB leak!). I had started my blog, Source Gaming, as a way to practice my translations (Japanese -> English). After hearing about a rumored interview with Sakurai and discovering that it didn't exist I decided to devote my free time to researching and correcting information about Smash. Eventually my site kind of exploded and now I run a team of 18+ volunteers. We are going to write about other series besides Smash, but Smash is definitely our focus. If you have a question about Sakurai/Smash's development, or if you would like to know if something is true or not then I'm the guy to ask. I'm also a writer for SmashBoards.com. All in all, I've written and translated over 170+ articles on Smash, and counting.

Before you ask about development stuff...here's some quick links to check out:

The Definitive Unused Fighter List - A list of all the considered, planned and cut characters in all of the Smash games (with sources).
Sakurai Didn't Say That! - Some common things that are attributed to Sakurai, even though it was taken out of context or mistranslated.
Timeline of Masahiro Sakurai's Life - List of events in Sakurai's life.
Sakurai's statements on various topics - Sakurais thoughts on third parties, character selection, and more.
Is Sakurai a Liar? - A look at all the evidence that was submitted to me showing that Sakurai is a liar, disproving (nearly) everything.

TL;DR: I'm basically the guy that's been telling you that everything that you know is wrong (hope you don't hate me!).

Last edited:

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
Hey guys, it's Sai. I'm pretty involved in the Melee community both online and in real life. I've been a mod for quite some time now. As you may know, I'm a Falco main, and the leader of 20YY. In my melee career I've achieved quite a few things, alongside being sponsored by SS. I also play a lot of PM. Outside of Smash, I play League, CSGO, and quite a collection of other games (feel free to add me on steam @[SS]Saiblade). As you can also tell by my banners, I'm part of the rankings staff alongside being a mod.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
My full alias is Mario & Sonic Guy, often abbreviated as M&SG. I became a SmashBoards member after the Nintendo NSider Forums closed up shop. I've kept track of the Super Smash Bros. titles for a good number of years, and have been involved with the many various topics involving the games. However, I'm mostly a casual player, so I've never really gotten into the competitive scene in any way.

I've been a moderator for over 3 years now, and it all started in 2012, with the creation of the Smash 4 forums. But now, I only cover two different areas of the Smash 4 category. Contrary to my name, I've been quite fond of Rosalina (further evidenced by the Rosalina avatars that I often use), and I have a good amount of knowledge on her moveset and attributes. As such, I've been a moderator for the Rosalina sub-forum ever since she was confirmed to be a playable character, but I also moderate the general discussion forum as well.

My best advice as a member here is to be civilized, and avoid making spam posts. Also, be sure to report anything that may be inappropriate or beyond borderline.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I'm Spinosaurus.

I mod the Smash 4 Wario section and have been doing so for about a year now, and I'm also a 4BR member. Wario is my favourite video game character and he's obviously my main, but I dabble with other characters. (Meta Knight and Ryu mainly) I also miss Snake just letting that out there. I'm generally a fighting games enthusiast so I play a bunch of Street Fighter and such. My favourite game is either Warioware Twisted or Rhythm Heaven Fever, depending on the day of the week. Despite everything I said though my favourite genre is actually platorming and I'd like to get into designing platformers myself. (Donkey Kong Country is my favourite in the genre, but I love me some Mario and Rayman.) Other gaming series I'm into are Pokemon, Halo, Persona/Shin Megami Tensei, Metal Gear Solid, Ace Attorney, F-Zero and a bunch of other stuff, really. My other hobbies include working out and a bit of boxing if I can.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Hey everyone. I'm Locuan. Specifically, I'm the Rankings Administrator. I started my adventures in the Smashboards staff as the Marth and Lucina subforum moderator for Smash 4. As you could probably imagine, I really like Fire Emblem! My favorite games include Final Fantasy XIV, Super Mario RPG, and Banjo Kazooie. I also was the main commentator for Smash events in Puerto Rico until July 2019. I have since moved from the island so that role has been passed on. I also stream very rarely but you can see me online from time to time.

On a non-smash related note, I love math and science. Particularly Physics. I am currently a graduate student at the Physics and Astronomy department at UTSA. I wish to focus my research on Planetary Atmospheres. I'm interested in understanding how atmospheres form on other celestial bodies and how these can develop a suitable environment for life. If you like math and science feel free to talk to me about those topics. I could go on for hours discussing astronomy alone, which may or may not have annoyed some people in the past.

That's me in a super summarized version. I'll see you around ~

Last edited:

Litt

Samus
Hey all, I'm Litt the new Senator (Human Resources Position). I recently acquired my masters in industrial organizational psychology with a concentration in organizational development & consultation, so hopefully I will be an asset to developing the human resources function/department on SWF. I am a samus main who primarily focuses on melee, power ranked 8th in my state of Connecticut, I used to go by the tag Barbie (name is Ken, and samus is a hot blonde barbie look alike but enough people didn't get the joke so I switched up the tag). Its a pleasure to be working with all of you and if you want to know more or chat, hit me up ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom