• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meet Melee Light, A Browser-Based Version of Melee

Ever wanted to play Super Smash Bros. Melee, but you didn't have a full setup available? Well, Melee Light, a version of Melee that plays straight from your web browser, might be the solution you need.

Made by Schmoo Games, Melee Light brings the classic Melee experience to the web for the first time with many key features such as:
  • Support for GameCube controllers
  • Fox, Marth and Jigglypuff playable
  • Versus mode with four iconic playable stages
  • Target test mode
  • New feature: target test builder
The best part? Melee Light is playable right now on IKneeData.com! Additionally, you can give feedback to the devs on the official Melee Light Smashboards thread and Discord server.

Last edited:

Comments

Hey im at the front page but i don't know how to set up my controller...I clicked on the icon and theres four options, which one do i push? Do you guys have a video tutorial uploaded somewhere?

Edit: I got it to work but now im holding shield and don't know how to reset. How do u get people to join your lobby?

Last edited:
Why? This requires next to no processing power and will do everything important to competitive Melee.
By the time, this has every character and stage that Melee has, Dolphin emulators will be so fine tuned that they'll run more smooth than previously thought possible.

This is cool and arguably groundbreaking, but still just a cool side note.

Ever wanted to play Super Smash Bros. Melee, but you didn't have a full setup available? Well, Melee Light, a version of Melee that plays straight from your web browser, might be the solution you need.

Made by Schmoo Games, Melee Light brings the classic Melee experience to the web for the first time with many key features such as:
  • Support for GameCube controllers
  • Fox, Marth and Jigglypuff playable
  • Versus mode with four iconic playable stages
  • Target test mode
  • New feature: target test builder
The best part? Melee Light is playable right now on IKneeData.com! Additionally, you can give feedback to the devs on the official Melee Light Smashboards thread and Discord server.

Still better than Brawl or Smash4.

Does every single one of your posts here have to involve bashing non-melee games? We get it, you don't like them, you don't have to flaunt it constantly.
Uh I bash melee too... Smash64 is the only real smash game as far as I'm concerned.

oh snap!! is there input lag?
Played for a couple hours and did notice some differences but was also very surprised at how accurate it is. No input lag that I could report but I was using vJoy drivers and dash dancing felt a little weird to me.

is there a way to play this with a gc controller adapter on a chromebook
depends what adapter you're using. If its the nintendo official one then you can only play it on firefox with vJoy drivers. If you have a mayflash then you can use it on the chrome browser.

Top Bottom