• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Media MEDABOTS/METABEE FOR ULTIMATE

wirdzone

Smash Rookie
what is medabots?
medabots is a video game series most common in japan, and consists of these small robots called (you guessed it) medabots, fight in battles, but the main gimic is that you can switch the four parts of a medabot for different effects/actions - parts being- head, left arm, right arm, legs
each medapart (as the parts are called) has it's own hp bar, during battle a limb can take damage and once hp drops below zero it stops working, but if your medabot looses a peace in battle it's not over yet, it can still function until it's head part is destroyed.

The series is a role-playing video game franchise developed by Natsume and published by Imagineer.
Natsume also produced the harvest moon games for Nintendo (so giving one of their mascots some recognition would be nice)
The series has two main mascots rokusho and metabee, the latter being the more popular one.
metabee is also popular due to him being a main character in the medabots anime (came out in 1999, AFTER the games releases and being based of of the 2nd game)
The one who would most likely be the one picked for smash ultimate.
metabee is a ranged based character, who has a submachine gun on his left arm, a single shot revolver on his right arm, two cannons on his head.
he was the main metabot for the metabee verson in medabots2 /medarots2 (japaneese v)
and also appeared in
Medarot 2, Medarot R, Medarot 3, Medarot 4, Medarot G, Medabots AX, Medarot 2 Core, Medarot Brave
the series has had only a few international releases, but is still relevant in japan (and having a place in smash could help it's sells, and get more international releases)

SO WHY SHOULD HE OF ALL BE IN?

Metabee originated in video games.
long history on Nintendo consoles.
Natsume is a Japanese third party video game company with a strong history with Nintendo.
Medabots is one of Natsume's most popular franchises.
Metabee is the main character of Medabots.
another robo bro for rob and megaman

metabee's gimic is that he is flachy and hard to predict, he can change medaparts in the mist of a fight
MOVES:
his moves can be
B:
neutral b:shooting 3 large/ medium speed shots and slightly different angles from his left arm. (like in medabots ax)
side b: a single powerful shot from his right arm
down b: shoots his seeker missiles from his head peace (two side by side missiles, with slight guiding)
up b: he switches to a flying leg medapart from a medabot named drakonfly to recover: leg name= Fly-Flyne
A:
jab/ neutral a: he punches twice and then berates the opponent with bullets
running a: metabee will do a slide kick (like the first half of the Belmont's kick)
forward a: he switches his arm peace to a medapart from a medabot named archbeetle for a powerful short shot: right arm name= Ignition
back a: metabee can duck and shoot fire from the left arm (like a long piranha plant b-air) from a medabot named poenix: left arm name= Flame Gun
up a: metabee shoots two missiles above his head
down a: metabee ducks and shoots out of both arms in separate directions
Aerials:
neutral air: metabee swings his right arm for a quick punch
forward-air: he switches his right arm for a medapart from a medabot named foxuno and slashes forward: right arm name= Fencing
back air: he switches his left arm for rokusho's arm peace slicing behind him (considerably harder to hit tan f-air, but more damage): left arm part name= Picopeco Hammer
down-air: he switches his left arm to a medapart from medabot named kuraba to slam down for a spike: left arm part name= Real Krab
up-air: he switches his right arm to a medapart from a medabot named cyandog to shoot powerfull single (easy to hit) shots in a cone above him: right arm peace name= Snipe Rifle
Throws:
grab: he grabs / shoots with revolver (metabee's left arm)
forward throw: he switches his right arm for a medapart from a medabot named peppercat and has a lighting effect/damage: right arm part name= Light Jab
back throw:: he throws opponet behind him and switches his left arm to a medapart from medabot named totalizer and shoots a lazer behing him at an angle hitting them; left arm part name= Giganto Laser
up throw: he switches both arms to medaparts from a medabot named churlybear and hurls the oponet up with gravity manipulaton; arm part's names= left- Splasher,right- Smasher
down throw: he switches his left arm to a medapart from medabot named sumilidon to slam down oponet into the ground (grounding them for 2-3 seconed, 1 with mashing) :left arm part name= Straw Hammer
Final smash:
metabee use's the medaforce (a giant lazer)
[three redials auto lock on to opponents (with room to hit others if close) and will do a cutscene of metabee blasting them]

Skins:
can be
metal beetle from mb1, metabee from mb2, bayonette from mb2, kanteroth from mb2, Saikachi from mb3, blak beetle from mb 3 (yes it is spelled blak),Chrotojil from mb 5, gun nose from mb.ds

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Metabee would be amazing.
I don't know how likely he is but if he did somehow make it in, I'd certainly be over the moon.
Count me as a supporter.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
Such a nostalgic character~
I'm not too positive about his chances but i have to support my Robro, i'm in !

wirdzone

Smash Rookie
Hey I know this may sound a little cheep, but I feel that to give this character a chance we should spread the word of this character on social media

Top Bottom