• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mecha-Fiora for Smash Ultimate - Double Chrom gives us Hope Edition

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Welcome to the Mecha-Fiora Support Thread.

Courtesy of a sneaky Smash 4 trophy and an appearance on Project X Zone 2, her appearance is something many know now.

After some heavy events in the Xenoblade story, Shulk's sweetheart returns as a Half-Homs, Half-Mechon Cyborg. Filled with physical and special enchancements and a hidden power.

Her combat style is filled with fast knife slashes, kicks and bursts of energy, making her an extremely aggressive fighter, this along with her Drones mechanic makes her a verstile character and a great potential addition to Smash.

Moveset ideas coming soon...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sakurai doesn't seem to really care a whole lot about hiding spoilers, does he? :4sheik::4lucina:

Anyway, I support Mecha-Fiora.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Let's press on and on and on.

In other words, I still support that sheila.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
She's the best Xenoblade character that could be added that doesn't already have an existing role in Smash (RIP Metal Face and Dunban).

So yeah I'm in.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
As the guy who was the first to make a Flora support topic and failed horribly with it, I might as well join.

She's a great character and a good unit.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Guess what, it's Xenoblade Chronicles' 5th American anniversary today.

What was a GameSyop exclusive would go down as the biggest RPG masterpieces the Wii ever had and become its own franchise later on.
This is great.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

What was a GameSyop exclusive would go down as the biggest RPG masterpieces the Wii ever had and become its own franchise later on.
This is great.
Funny how times chance. I thought Xenoblade would be one of those one-time new IP's like the The Last Story. But boy was I proven wrong when Xenoblade X was announced and now we are getting a true sequel for the Switch.

And to be honest, I hope the sequel has a story and cast that's good as the first or even surpass it. It makes me wonder if a character like Homura is the Fiora of the story, at least personality wise.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Funny how times chance. I thought Xenoblade would be one of those one-time new IP's like the The Last Story. But boy was I proven wrong when Xenoblade X was announced and now we are getting a true sequel for the Switch.

And to be honest, I hope the sequel has a story and cast that's good as the first or even surpass it. It makes me wonder if a character like Homura is the Fiora of the story, at least personality wise.
Except the complete difference is that she's far from a walking spoiler since we know she's an immortal blade right off the bat.

I kind of want the sequel to be its own unique thing instead of borrowing too much from the original game.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Homura definetly is the next Fiora in some sense, her design borrows elements of Fiora's Mechon armor.
Namely the Ether Frame for the chest and the Speed Frame for the lower torso.

I also want a pretty original story, but this is a sequel so I hope the first XC gets referenced; like the old gang of Shulk and co. being remembered as heroes or meeting the descendants of them, hell, even Melia could appear due her longer lifespan. :p

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Homura definetly is the next Fiora in some sense, her design borrows elements of Fiora's Mechon armor.
Namely the Ether Frame for the chest and the Speed Frame for the lower torso.

I also want a pretty original story, but this is a sequel so I hope the first XC gets referenced; like the old gang of Shulk and co. being remembered as heroes or meeting the descendants of them, hell, even Melia could appear due her longer lifespan. :p
Poor Melia, forever alone. :laugh:

And yeah, some nods to the first story like Shulk and the gang having a statue in their honor would be nice. I still wonder if it's in the same universe given that Nopon have actual feet this time around. Evolution perhaps?

D

Deleted member

This is great.
I still remember the campaigning from Operation Rainfall to get it (along with The Last Story and Pandora's Tower) released here, me bursting in excitement over the announcement trailer, and the last time I ever truly wanted to buy anything at GameStop.

RetroGamersGuru

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RetroGamersGuru
I'm a Operation Rainfall supporter (originally for The Last Story but ended up liking Xenoblade Chronicles more). I still have a hard time believing Xenoblade's success, but I still can't get enough of it. Love the thread title, lol. Even though I might barely support Elma more, I support Fiora for her potential as a fighter and her importance to the first story arc. Plus her mech design is pretty cool.

D

Deleted member

Let's not forget her too:

Remember Xenoblade's one and only sidequest with voice acting was focused on her, flying away to an unknown destination after clearing it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm super late, but thanks for bringing back the support thread for the Switch speculation era, Mythra Mythra . I've been so busy and dealing with things of my own that I kinda forgot to do so myself

Anyway, if you're still around, feel free to add me to the supporter list once again. Though I'm not holding my breath for her as much as before (her being in now would be a miracle esp with Elma and Rex/Pyra in the running, I'll admit that) but having those three would be a dream come true for me. But again, not putting my expectations too high up for her.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I'm super late, but thanks for bringing back the support thread for the Switch speculation era, Mythra Mythra . I've been so busy and dealing with things of my own that I kinda forgot to do so myself

Anyway, if you're still around, feel free to add me to the supporter list once again. Though I'm not holding my breath for her as much as before (her being in now would be a miracle esp with Elma and Rex/Pyra in the running, I'll admit that) but having those three would be a dream come true for me. But again, not putting my expectations too high up for her.
From what I understand you made the original support thread iirc; if you want ownership of this one feel free to ask it. :035:

Yeah, now Fiora faces heavy competition from X and 2, but lets see what happens; a XC newcomer from any of the 3 games would be a huge win anyway.

Time to update that support list :denzel:
I still cannot believe we got Smash confirmed yesterday lol.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
You can keep me in the support list. Sure, Fiora faces even tougher competition this time but I still support her.

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
I want her in so badly but with the likes of Elma and Rex being strong candidates I just cant see it happening. I'm still gonna support though. :)

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Still support Fiora! Although, she has a lot of competition this time around...

Wow, never thought I'd be saying THAT about Xenoblade...

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Hey there, it's me Ninty. You can count me in as a supporter. Honestly she makes a lot of sense as a Xenoblade character, she's unique, she's important to her game, and she's even made appearances outside of her game. Honestly would be a great addition.

AmestrisSquare

Smash Rookie
Hey guys i was thinking we should request fiora in source gaming for a rate this character video

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Hey guys i was thinking we should request fiora in source gaming for a rate this character video
Already did my part.

Btw I feel she does have some sort of chance, if the project plan was really decided before Xenoblade 2 was made public, then I feel her and Elma would have a better chance tbh.

AmestrisSquare

Smash Rookie
fiora was the most requested xenoblade character in the reddit poll, i think she was possibly considered at least

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I have this feeling that she did well in the Ballot as a Xenoblade character, dunno why but I just feel it.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
While I feel like Fiora has some pretty stiff competition (Elma and Rex/Pyra, bare minimum), I've been playing through Xenoblade Chronicles this weekend with Fiora in the lead (trying to boost affinity between Fiora, Sharla, and Melia for a sidequest), and I could definitely see how she would work as a Smash character.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
While I feel like Fiora has some pretty stiff competition (Elma and Rex/Pyra, bare minimum), I've been playing through Xenoblade Chronicles this weekend with Fiora in the lead (trying to boost affinity between Fiora, Sharla, and Melia for a sidequest), and I could definitely see how she would work as a Smash character.
She'd be so easy to work in, tbh if they added elma, fiora would make a dope semi-clone considering the whole dual swords thing that they share

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
[snip]
At this point, it seems like complaining about someone spoiling that Porky is in Mother 3 - when Fiora makes cameos in other games (whether it's Smash Bros., where the trophy of that form appears in Smash Tour, or Project X Zone 2, where she's advertised alongside KOS-MOS, Marth, and Lucina), it's in that form.

Plus, if the title was Xenoblade's Worst-Kept Spoiler: SPOILER For Smash, or Xenoblade's Worst-Kept Spoiler: Seven for Smash, it would be a lot harder to tell what's being talked about, and leaving it as just Fiora would still spoil the fact that she plays a bigger role than she first appears to. (Not to mention that, if anyone went into the thread, they'd be spoiled regardless)

Besides, that's not even the biggest spoiler that the game has. Even if that was spoiled for you, there's still a lot more that the game has to offer.

Last edited by a moderator:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Q little late but I wanted to share this, it’s a Dream Smashers article that I made for Fiora, hope that you all enjoy my concepts! https://sourcegaming.info/2018/05/01/guest-article-dream-smasher-fiora/
That's cool.

On the other hand, I ran into certain datamaineo spoilers for the Xenoblade 2 DLC that some of you may like.

Both Shulk and Fiora will appear as Rare Blades in the game. She is a healer while Shulk is an Attacker. Shulk will even say his infamous "I'm really feeling it" line from Smash

I can say I am very excited for it.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
That's cool.

On the other hand, I ran into certain datamaineo spoilers for the Xenoblade 2 DLC that some of you may like.

Both Shulk and Fiora will appear as Rare Blades in the game. She is a healer while Shulk is an Attacker. Shulk will even say his infamous "I'm really feeling it" line from Smash

I can say I am very excited for it.
Well this is amazing news, now this makes things even better for us!

Top Bottom