• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
I tried to check sw: force unleashed 2 (playme-swtfu2 4.37gigs) but it wouldn't open in wiiscrubber for me.

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
What happened to kamen rider!??!?

i wanted that so bad....

Any one attempted of importing Ken waisho into brawl? from Tatsunako Vs Capcom, i would love to see him in brawl, either over ganondorf or over Captain Falcon. or over any other character.

Pinutk

Smash Cadet
I wonder if CoD Black Ops uses MDL0's. :O
We could do some pretty AWESOME things with the guns! Prolly doesn't use ML0's though :(

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
What Programs do you recommend for .ARC files such as Sin and Punishment?
Try using U8Tool on them.

I wonder if CoD Black Ops uses MDL0's. :O
We could do some pretty AWESOME things with the guns! Prolly doesn't use ML0's though :(
As I have said in the first post (and multiple times in this topic), don't expect any games from American or European-based developers to have MDL0. Every game we've checked hasn't proven otherwise yet.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Ok, so GoldenEye uses .000 and .bin files. T_T i could find MDL, but not MDL0 in the .000 files, so maybe they are compressed and need to be decompressed!

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
What would I use as an ''external file'' to extract stuff from Tatsunoko vs. Capcom?
I do believe this is the Fpack extractor that I use.
http://gbatemp.net/t207232-tvc-fpk-tool?&st=0

Ok, so GoldenEye uses .000 and .bin files. T_T i could find MDL, but not MDL0 in the .000 files, so maybe they are compressed and need to be decompressed!
OR maybe it's just their own format. MDL-anything is a pretty generic file extension.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
OR maybe it's just their own format. MDL-anything is a pretty generic file extension.
Yeah. "MDL" does not always mean "MDL0". I believe I've mentioned that before. Anyhoo...

Sonic Colours (Colors, whatever) has been confirmed to use MDL0. I certainly wasn't expecting that.

(EDIT: Hm... the MDL0s seem to be much more complicated to get working, as the automatic hexer doesn't work on the models... =/)

SonicTheHedgehog02

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. "MDL" does not always mean "MDL0". I believe I've mentioned that before. Anyhoo...

Sonic Colours (Colors, whatever) has been confirmed to use MDL0. I certainly wasn't expecting that.

(EDIT: Hm... the MDL0s seem to be much more complicated to get working, as the automatic hexer doesn't work on the models... =/)

hyyypppee for a fix to that

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Hell yea, we can get some sweet stages :awesome:
Yeah, we could, but unfortunately the MDL0s will need more fixing than just correcting the header, materials and polygons. For one thing, the one stage segment I hexed has a broken bone structure due to extra properties (like the ToS2 models have) and the Textures2 section is all buggered up, so I can't even preview it in BrawlBox. (And the Egg Pawn model has much more problems...) I'll see if I can figure out how to get it working sometime this weekend.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Good. Maybe when you figure it out, you could add it to the first post.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Okay, I don't get this. The Sonic Colours MDL0s have the "Texture2" properties at the bottom of the file, right above the strings. And because of which, it's gonna crash the game because it's reading from invalid data... There's no way I can think of to fix that without re-organizing the entire MDL0 file...

Well, that sucks. =/

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Okay, I don't get this. The Sonic Colours MDL0s have the "Texture2" properties at the bottom of the file, right above the strings. And because of which, it's gonna crash the game because it's reading from invalid data... There's no way I can think of to fix that without re-organizing the entire MDL0 file...

Well, that sucks. =/
That DOES suck, because I was totally getting hyped.

At least it helps prevent Super Sonic Bros. Brawl.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Dude it's not even out yet. Unless people here have review copies, nobody knows. It could go either way really.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
What do you use to extract WiiWare Games, i cant find any
Use WWPacker to unpack the WAD files (just drag-and-drop it onto "__wwunpacker.bat"). You'll need a common-key.bin, but I'm not legally allowed to link you to that.

I highly think Donkey Kong Country Returns will have MDL0s. I hope it doesnt use the "newer" MDL0s like Sonic Colors.
We're just gonna have to wait and see when the game is released, which I think is tomorrow.

123kiro456

Smash Rookie
Okay i extracted it (The game is: Final Fantasy My Life As a King)
i got a bunch of .app files, can you tell me how to get to the models of F-F-M-L-A-a-K?
just make a breif tutorial and send it to me via PM

123kiro456

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the quick response
EDIT: i cant find the right one every one i find tend to be a wad creator
can i have a link or something? sorry if im being to needy

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
has any 1 ported Ken the Eagle from Tatsunuko VS Capcom?

can some 1 do it, over a character like Snake?

i want to make the character, with the new brawl box, its quite possible.

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I have all of the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom models and stages. Just PM me and tell me what you want.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
I'll let you know when the game gets released. Somehow, I have a feeling it might not, but ya never know. I didn't expect Sonic Colours to use MDL0, despite being a newer variant.
I have my doubts because the game is made by Retro Studios, and none of their previous games on Wii used MDL0s... right?

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
I have my doubts because the game is made by Retro Studios, and none of their previous games on Wii used MDL0s... right?
Right, although Metroid Prime 3 used their previous engine for Metroid Prime 2 (like Super Mario Galaxy 2 did with the engine from the first SMG), and Sega all of a sudden used MDL0 with Sonic Colours, despite not doing so for Sonic and the Secret Rings and Sonic and the Black Knight, or even the Wii version of Sonic Unleashed, so ya never know.

Nintens

Smash Rookie
I can confirm that Donkey Kong Country Returns does not use MLD0. It uses .PAK like Metroid Prime 3 does. It's a shame. This game has some pretty cool level designs too.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
I can confirm that Donkey Kong Country Returns does not use MLD0. It uses .PAK like Metroid Prime 3 does. It's a shame. This game has some pretty cool level designs too.
Yeah, it is a bit of a shame.

On a bit of a brighter side, Pac-Man Party uses MDL0.

But you kinda have to ferret through the ARC files to find the model and textures, because they're all in individual BRRES files for some reason. And you'll have to extract 'em the same way you would with the Dragon Ball models, since the ARC files are actually containers and not compressed like other ARC files are.

SonicTHDark

Smash Cadet
Yeah, it is a bit of a shame.

On a bit of a brighter side, Pac-Man Party uses MDL0.

But you kinda have to ferret through the ARC files (which aren't actually compressed) to find the model and textures, because they're all in individual BRRES files for some reason.
The eyes... THE EYES!!! :c

Top Bottom