• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDK Presents ~Hype Not Hate~ Brawl Weekly Casuals

idea

Smash Master
someone yoshi ditto him for me =P

i oughta come to these soon, if i'm gonna keep reading this thread. tell me if anyone else in gta is going one weekend so i can bus up with them.

MDK00

Smash Ace
my friend lent me a wii and brawl wow. now i can try all the lil things i've always imagined! maybe now i can try the rest of the characters in this stupid game

.Marik

is a social misfit
Yeah, I got my directions, so yeah, it takes 41 minutes to get there, walking and riding the bus combined, so I'll leave at 1:00pm, which is awesome, because that's what time the library opens at, so I can just say I'm going there. >:3

And where do I walk when I get off at the #4513 busstop on Winston Churchill to get to your house?

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
His musta been full or something cuz thats sketch. Lol maybe your bro was driving the bus, ahahah. thx for the controller.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
ye but apparntly it happens alot there. no problem for the controller. but lol if my bro was driving the bus it wuld of been some sauaga bus church tours.

Bug~

Smash Ace
marik..watch out, theres alot of secret bum darts there, dont get caught in it..I was fortunate enough to escape!

any new discoveries in brawl yet?

Ulevo

Smash Master
Hey, my bus is getting off at the terminal in Toronto at the corner of Bay Street and Dundas. Does anyone know if the terminal there has any cheap fares going to Raes place, or any nearby locations that do? I'm looking to get there in a cheap and timely fashion, but I know little of Toronto or Mississauga. I tried google, GO Transit and Greyhound for details but I came up with a lot of errors and other issues. If anyone is driving by from that terminal to Raes I'd pitch in for gas too.

D

Deleted member

That terminal is right beside the Eaton's Centre. From there, you can take the subway to Finch and get a ride from someone, that's how I did it.

MDK00

Smash Ace
can any1 bring an extra tv? i will be using 1 tv for ps2/xbox360 games. that leaves 2 tvs for brawl and i no how much u guys hate waiting...

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Yo Rae since you have a Wii now is there any point in me bringing mine? Since I'm not bringing a TV, I wouldn't want to bring it if there's nothing to play it on...

stupidvince

Smash Cadet
i posted earlier that i can bring a tv (i don't think anyone noticed it becasuse of all the conspiracy crap that was being posted lol), and that you can keep it at your house for as long as it still works. the thing is it needs a vcr (yes it's so old that it doesn't even have it's own audio and video outputs :|). if i have one lying around i'll bring it..

i must say though, it works perfectly so please don't be discouraged. :)

edit: i have a functioning vcr. somebody bring one just in case.

nickcam

Smash Ace
All i gotta say is picto chat should be moved from CP to banned cuz theirs like 10 grab infinite spots on that level. Mikey if u could message me whenever u get ur bus tickets to niagara tourney so we could take the same bus up their with whoever else in the Gta who is going that would be good

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Nickcam next Sunday we can figure it out, and also Danny didn't come today so I have to ask him about what hes doing to get up there.

Anyone else from Mississauga trying to get to the Niagara tournament by bus? Rae will you come for crews?

Edit: GG to Niagara + everyone else I played

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Today was sick lol. I finally don't get ***** by Percon! :)

In fact, I beat Percon once!

Using MK. While he was using Sonic. And he SD'd once.

Gs1de

Smash Rookie
good ****, got in some good practice. the low tier tourney and doubles were sick :chuckle:

i'll try to bring my wii and next time, maybe even a tv.

MDK00

Smash Ace
the wii isnt mine its my friends and i have to give it back today anyways lol.
today was madd fun! but once again ppl fail on bringing wiis...

its just too funny, cuz if i didnt borrow my friends wii which was totally at random cuz i didnt really borrow it from him he left his bag at my house... then we would have had no wii's to play brawl on lol.

please ppl in the future if you own a wii just bring it. i kno u think other ppl will bring theres but if EVERYONE thinks that then obviously nobody will bring it. there is also t he case when ppl leave early and then another tv opens up.

so dont be lazy bring another tv.

some1 teach me how to play brawl b4 i lose complete interest in it lol. i just need general gameplay strats and tips on do this more or dont do that and such... thnx

percon is surprising decent in soul cal 4 whooot! so is lolibot. but u guys need to learn to tech grabs lol. if i really wanted to be gay i wud have just spammed grabs jus knowin u cudnt tech them lol

5 TVs is too beast lol. u guys need to get on that battle fantasia tip. (2d fighter with a rpg like theme)
its to be more optimistic and really open urselves to other games. (just in opinion...)

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Mid tier should be included in low tier tournaments : P I had no idea wtf I was doing with Lucas lol. C 3 low tier just banned overused characters (MK, Snake, Wario, Diddy, etc.), just a thought.

.Marik

is a social misfit
LOL, Rai, I had a good time there, and I'm sure that I can come again, and well, even though I lost against lawlbot (?) when it was my first match for the low-tier tournament, (I used Yoshi) I almost beat his Mario, and I'm sure that the people who watched would agree that we both played good, and that it was a close match.

I also had a sick Captain Falcon ditto with Anth0ny. :) I won the second match, by like a second lol! xD

Yeah, I also gor grounded for a week, by I really don't give a sh*t. :laugh:

Yeah, expect me in the future.

And lol, Mikey7, him and his d@mn Dedede CG's!

And Millar, you and your Ice Climber CG's! Although I have to admit, that was actually pretty sick. :ohwell:

Niko_K

Smash Master
Mid tier should be included in low tier tournaments : P I had no idea wtf I was doing with Lucas lol. C 3 low tier just banned overused characters (MK, Snake, Wario, Diddy, etc.), just a thought.
If you do this I'll get to use peach in a low tier tournament!!! <3 Mikey is a smart dude

Miller

Smash Lord
Low tier is called low tier for a reason :p

Gichan

Smash Champion
Holy **** Rae! I was just going to tell you about Battle Phantasia, Oh man that game looks like ownage. I'm going to get is as soon as possible and we are going to ****ing play that game!! But if you have it, it means the same thing!!! Although I don't know when the next time is that I'll be coming....this is gay, I miss Wednesdays lol.

MDK00

Smash Ace
Holy **** Rae! I was just going to tell you about Battle Phantasia, Oh man that game looks like ownage. I'm going to get is as soon as possible and we are going to ****ing play that game!! But if you have it, it means the same thing!!! Although I don't know when the next time is that I'll be coming....this is gay, I miss Wednesdays lol.
im down to play some brawl and battle fantasia on wednesday if ur down to come as long as we limit the number of ppl who come... noo i dont have battle fantasia i was planning to get it after i get my xbox360 modded. which we need to talk about it cuz i really need to start practicing some of these games.

battle fantasia is very good. its very easy to pick up and there are also more adv combos (gachi > heat up > supers!)

right now im learning Face but i plan to pick up odile & dokurod. who are u usin Gi?

the thing i like about battle fantasia it is generally well rounded. every char as at least one set strategy or move that can help win against vs every character. obviously sum matches are harder then others but thats just how games are.
the one thing that im not to sure how i feel about is... the game is generally designed so that if you have high HP you also do high dmg but your mixup and pressure is weak but lower HP chars have better mixup and pressure but do low dmg. a first thot it makes sense but when you think about the risk vs reward its kinda ridiculous. in some cases its like 3 combos equal 1 of lets say deathbringers combos.

lol i talk about too much none brawl stuff so i'll save the BF stuff for msn

on to brawl tho lol. obviously we can all see i suck again. its soo confusing switchin from games where you have to block low and high and tech grabs and block stun opposed to the eexact opposite. there were many times i'd just chill in my shield or i cud shield and punish easily because i lost the reflex for it. and when i do get it and go bak to 2d fighters and u try mashin outta guard u get counter hit for that **** lol.

i'll take percon's advice and see how far i get but odds are i dont think i'll be at a level where i think i can compete jus cuz of lack of strong interest but i will give it a shot.

lol marik is decent. although i never heard some1 so self absorbed. i think he said hes pretty good at least 5 times a match.

Top Bottom