• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDK Presents ~Hype Not Hate~ Brawl Weekly Casuals

Miller

Smash Lord
haha thats what nate does, every convo u have with him is about some conspiracy stuff. But im like readin up on that stuff

Anth0ny

Smash Master
haha thats what nate does, every convo u have with him is about some conspiracy stuff. But im like readin up on that stuff
lol conspiracies

i remember randomly reading up on them on wiki one night...moon landing, 9/11, jfk assasination, the last supper...very entertaining reads :laugh:

KingAce

Smash Ace
so... brawl is probably gonna be in the mlg circuit for 2009
cant waittt especially if they come to toronto :)

Miller

Smash Lord
dude, if it is on the pro circuit, it will go to toronto, theres certain places where they go and toronto is one of them.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Yeah I really hope they come to Toronto, but realistically that might be a big problem for alot of Americans so they risk losing a lot of people.

.Marik

is a social misfit
so True
The World Is Disgusting Now
Have You Heard About The Man ****** His 8 day Old Baby Girl?

Omfg. D:

A good example would be the sicko who decapitated a random boy's head on a Greyhound bus.
This is why parents always want to know EVERY detail. The world isn't as safe as it used to be.

Yeah, I heard about that. Man, that was shocking, no doubt about it.

But yeah, you guys have a point.

Miller

Smash Lord
don't make me remove your debate title
:O Why, I just said what i believe in. No videos of the pentagon? One of the places didnt even get hit by a plane but was still demolished. Whenever the buildings fell, it looked exactly like a controlled demolition. Jet fuel cant even burn at 2000 degrees to burn the steel columns. Shall i go on?

D

Deleted member

:O Why, I just said what i believe in. No videos of the pentagon? One of the places didnt even get hit by a plane but was still demolished. Whenever the buildings fell, it looked exactly like a controlled demolition. Jet fuel cant even burn at 2000 degrees to burn the steel columns. Shall i go on?
if you want to go on, bring it up in the debate hall. you can vent those misguided notions there, although you'll get laughed at hard.

D

Deleted member

What I don't get is why you could even take away my debate title? Or why you would even say it.
i wasn't serious, lol. but this thread isn't the place for such silly teenaged stubbornness, take it to the debate hall, they'll eat you alive and you'll understand the situation better. i said it to show you how stupid it is to think it was an inside job.

steve, you should apply. once you do you'll get in, everyone who applies does.

plus, as a bonus, the quality of your posts has improved dramatically. notice i'm not calling you pyroloserkid?

D

Deleted member

lemme give you an example of how pathetic it is.

a couple months ago a guy came into my store while i was on shift, and he was wearing a "9/11 theorist support group" t-shirt, hat, AND matching fanny-pack. this guy looked like the biggest ****ing loser i've ever seen. he started talking to himself about how the store didn't have a lot of books. on and on, getting louder and louder, crazier and crazier. he went straight to the science section to try and find a self-published 9/11 conspiracy theory book (oh-so popular with the ladies) but obviously we didn't have it - who the **** would? - so he started *****ing to me. I told him he didn't have to shop here and he asked to see my manager, but instead I kicked him out.

Basically, to sum it all up, the only people I know who believe that garbage are ignorant teenagers who are easily sueded and 45 year old virgins who probably still live with their parents.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Millar watched either Zeitgeist, Loose Change, or The Third Tower. All three have pretty decent theories, with factual evidence to support their arguments. The points Millar brought up parallel the points mentioned in those 3 documentaries.

I have to admit, they are put together pretty well - they even had me convinced for a bit. I'm on the fence as of now but, Jake you should download the torrents for them. Good movies filled with a bunch of **** you probably didn't know about the whole thing.

D

Deleted member

oh trust me, i've seen them all. laughable, really. there are plenty of peer-reviewed (The only kind that matter) journals that have debunked them all.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Zeitgeist was probably the most far out of them all. You can't trust a documentary with melancholy ambiance and religious bashing for the duration of the first 20min.

Not to mention they got more than half their facts wrong about Horus and the other Egyptian gods mentioned. Its hard to trust something when the first "fact" they magnify is a monstrous fallacy.

Also: Jake I applied for the Debate Group.

Miller

Smash Lord
Jake, the link you sent me pretty much answered everything I wanted to know. TBH I realize now that I was just uneducated in this and only read one side of the story. Now thats something I dont need to think about again>_>

LOL AT MAX'S LINK

4Serial

Smash Lord
omg I just finished watching Loose Change in my Film Studies class. It kind of convinced me but there were a few flaws in it and if you guys say the conspiracy theories is bull****, then I guess it is lol
I'll read up that article when it's not 12am.

D

Deleted member

who the **** is teaching loose change in film studies? what a moron of a teacher.

i just finished watching and studying citizen kane. ^_^

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
You guys and your opinions/beliefs get knocked over like a stiff breeze, have a spine,

If you honestly believe 911 was an honest to god terrorist plot that the government had nothing to do with/ knew nothing about, then you truly are ignorant.

Peak oil gentlemen, look it up. (A lot of people are INCREDIBLY misinformed about this, and its probably the biggest issue that our generation is going to face in our lifetime)

The suburbs are going to fall apart, believe it.

D

Deleted member

Yea Andy, that's even worse. Don't just take our word for it without at least reading the article..wait until you look at some stuff before.

Lol peak oil. It's definitely possible. Just don't present that problem as evidence that 9/11 was an inside job >_>

Anyway what's most annoying about the whole US financial bail-out is that the 700 billion dollars could not only end our dependency on oil, but it could fuel every single car in the US for the next 8 years, about the time when the jobs and the new fuel technologies would be implemented :(

4Serial

Smash Lord
We're learning about Loose Change because it shows you don't have to have insanely high production values to make a movie that will get a lot of attention. Like a movie that has low production value , but actually has something to say to the world can be better than a movie with high production value that has nothing of importance to really say.
It's not about knowing what happened with 9/11, more with elements of what makes a movie, each having their own strengths and weaknesses.
I kind of dislike the teacher though, but whatever lol.

@Miller: LMFAO I didn't notice that

you guys have a much more educated insight on the event than I do, so i think it's better if i listen to you since i just recently seen all this stuff and never looked heavily into 9/11 and stuff. It's a lot more interesting than I thought and i'll read through that article and see what peak oil's about after.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Peak oil is not something that "could" happen, or would be a "small" problem, its going to be the single biggest thing we face in our lifespan I'd bet.

Watch "The end of suburbia", its probably the best done movie on the subject around right now.

Miller

Smash Lord
Since were still on the subject, is this depopulation **** true. Nates tryin to tell me that theres only gunna be 1m people in the world after it.

idea

Smash Master
How the hell could there be only 1 million people on Earth left? Explain.

I decided a while ago that no account of the events of 9/11 I've heard is correct. There's too much information going back and forth and I just have no way of verifying any of it. It's not exactly as the government has reported; it's not as said in the other extreme, the popular internet videos, either. Something happened and no one really can say for sure what it was. Although I'll admit the arguments I've seen for the "crazy conspiracy" side have seemed pretty good so far. I'll be interested to look into the things debunking them. Although this brings up the question, why believe the debunkers? =P It's annoying how this has almost become an issue of opinion.

tl;dr - just read it, it's one paragraph.

Miller

Smash Lord
How the hell could there be only 1 million people on Earth left? Explain.

I decided a while ago that no account of the events of 9/11 I've heard is correct. There's too much information going back and forth and I just have no way of verifying any of it. It's not exactly as the government has reported; it's not as said in the other extreme, the popular internet videos, either. Something happened and no one really can say for sure what it was. Although I'll admit the arguments I've seen for the "crazy conspiracy" side have seemed pretty good so far. I'll be interested to look into the things debunking them. Although this brings up the question, why believe the debunkers? =P It's annoying how this has almost become an issue of opinion.

tl;dr - just read it, it's one paragraph.
Man, thats what I said, I don't even know how he could believe that.

But like, from what Delorted posted, I understand why some people are just ******** to believe in it, but at the same time, nothing adds up to either side of the story.

Top Bottom