• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
r1 pools
lost to esam 0-2
lost to slikvik 0-2
beat omari 2-0
beat raidos 2-0

r2 pools
lost to ally 0-2
lost to lie 0-2
beat smurf 2-1
beat King Beef 2-1
Beat PitsKeyBlade 2-0

how could i beat esam/slik/lie/ally

KaFREE4Lunch
I feel you Kaffei. So close, yet so far.

First Round Pool:
ADHD: 0-2
King: 2-0
Unknown: 2-0
Aykayy: forfeit

2nd seed.

Second Round Pool:
Malcolm: 1-2
Inui: 0-2
Nicole: 1-2
EE: 2-0
SSR:2-0

4th seed. </3
I got mad respect for everyone in my pools so I don't feel too bad, but I really wanted to make it to bracket. Glad Nicole got in though. She's REALLY good and I think she would've made some upsets if she had a bracket vs characters she knew better... Yoshi and Lucas LOLWTF. Congrats to Marcus winning btw.

Omni, maybe ya should get over here and train me. >< I did way better vs Inui this time but he's really smart and I rarely get to play beast MK's. Thought I was gonna take game 2, but he clutched it. I'm currently scared to go to another Jersey tournament. D:

Oh, btw, Luckay's Pit got very good. He beat me in the amateur bracket 2-0. Upsets will be made if he keeps training.

Also, EE's Falco was pretty slick, and I (hesitantly, lol) support its training. I thought he was at least gonna take a game off our top seeds. He was dealing more damage if I remember correctly. They just got good recovery reads.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
i'm down, Nova. u think u can scoop Alan up again so i can embarass and harass his wario again? :p

we can play at my place. if Sassy is available then we can play at his place, too.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I feel you Kaffei. So close, yet so far.

First Round Pool:
ADHD: 0-2
King: 2-0
Unknown: 2-0
Aykayy: forfeit

2nd seed.

Second Round Pool:
Malcolm: 1-2
Inui: 0-2
Nicole: 1-2
EE: 2-0
SSR:2-0

4th seed. </3
I got mad respect for everyone in my pools so I don't feel too bad, but I really wanted to make it to bracket. Glad Nicole got in though. She's REALLY good and I think she would've made some upsets if she had a bracket vs characters she knew better... Yoshi and Lucas LOLWTF. Congrats to Marcus winning btw.

Omni, maybe ya should get over here and train me. >< I did way better vs Inui this time but he's really smart and I rarely get to play beast MK's. Thought I was gonna take game 2, but he clutched it. I'm currently scared to go to another Jersey tournament. D:

Oh, btw, Luckay's Pit got very good. He beat me in the amateur bracket 2-0. Upsets will be made if he keeps training.

Also, EE's Falco was pretty slick, and I (hesitantly, lol) support its training. I thought he was at least gonna take a game off our top seeds. He was dealing more damage if I remember correctly. They just got good recovery reads.
Are we posting pools lol?

Pool 1:
Aposl 2-0
Ipresea 2-0
Sharky 2-0
Doom 2-1

1st seed.

Pool 2:
Fogo 2-1
Kyon 2-0
Mister Eric 2-0
Atomsk 0-2
Pwii 1-2

3rd seed.

Dq from bracket cause I didn't go Monday so got 33rd by default.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
my pools: (welp)

1st round

Coney 1-2 (**** i lost to coney, at least i forced him to switch off)
Fino 0-2
Sheth 2-0

Seed 3

2nd round pools

Lain 1-2 (also forced a switch off)
Kid Goggles 1-2
Will 1-2
Poyo 2-0
Sync 2-0

Very upset i didn't win at least one of those 3 sets i went 1-2 in, especially since i won game 1 in 2 of them.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Pool 1

MVD 0-2
Mekos 0-2
Nasty-0-2
Tech Chase didn't show up.

4th seed

Both games with Nasty were pretty close IIRC. Good games, Nasty

MVD and Mekos..... *shudders*

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I didn't have a choice Lie and me not showing up should make you happy since it gave you a bye LMAO.

Coney

Smash Master
Coney 1-2 (**** i lost to coney, at least i forced him to switch off)
yep, made me finally make the decision to never, ever, ever do that MU with an MK that knows the MU again

which is, pretty much every MK main. i'll still go ddd on secondaries but that matchup is literally poop

and kingtoon is definitely md/va material, good as hell but usually underperforms when it matters most

too early to say, but lie might be the best in our region. if not now, then soon

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
yep, made me finally make the decision to never, ever, ever do that MU with an MK that knows the MU again

which is, pretty much every MK main. i'll still go ddd on secondaries but that matchup is literally poop

and kingtoon is definitely md/va material, good as hell but usually underperforms when it matters most

too early to say, but lie might be the best in our region. if not now, then soon
June is the best in our region. He was too busy taking the SAT's or getting his license. I forget which. He is the most consistent too and Lie loses to June (If I recall)?

I also think June will be the best in our region for a long time.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
I don't think we have a solid #1 player, its between PS, June, Lie and Coney tho, they can all beat each other and other states best sometimes but have uncharacteristic loses too. No one is solid like Anti or GNES in their states who stay consistent OOS too.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
First Round Pool:
Logic: 0-2
Smurf: 1-2 I hate winning game 1, and then coming so close the next two games, but still losing as well Tant.
2Fast: 2-1 Disappointing win. Having to time out a mario on rainbow. 2Fast has gotten really good, boss better watch his mario.
Porkey: forfeit

3rd seed
Also, everyone in my pool except smurf was md/va wtf

Second Round Pool:
Anti: 0-2 *****, but expected.
Trela: 0-2 Coulda been different if I had won game 2, he had 80% more last stock, but lucario at kill percent also = Pit at kill percent.
ilove: 0-2 Went pikachu thinking I could do what kenny did except win, plus I was too confident after my set with slik.
Slikvik: 2-1
Nasty: 2-0

4th seed

I can beat ilove with Pit, so I would have made it out of pools if I remembered who my main was. I would be in the same boat as seagull/NOID since I had class on monday, but it would have been nice to be the one Pit in bracket like all the other non-top tiers.
Yeah, my pools are made of saltwater.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yo guys. I'm considering hosting another MAD (Melee All Day) tourny. I just wanted to ask who would be interested this time around?

My first had 30+ people. 26 Entrants for singles.

It would be free venue fee as well. Possible sandwiches? Some girls brung over free food. But don't bank on them.

It would be in Philadelphia, PA.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
^

This is a brawl rankings thread. Why would you post about a melee tourney here lmao?
My bad, just saw MD/VA in the thread title. If you could point me out to a MD/VA thread that's generally for smash or something, that would be nice.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
kaffei *****

so now it's up to the rest of us to step it up and not lose

zak imma learn that wario very well...be ready. You all inspired me to play again. Too bad i'm super occupied for the next month and a half

Won't be around till april, what a bummer

Kaffei

Smash Hero
nahh u ****
esp for running pound =D

Speaking of Wario... Someone teach me that MU
Ally Ally AllyKnight

Namesearch g0

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I will forever under-perform in singles

that and I will probably lose to every Snake and IC's Player ever.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I learned to do that with TL like 2 years ago :p
Yea, everyone knew how to do it the way Phanna described 2 years ago. Because he posted it 3 years ago, lmao.

The problem is nobody does it, because his method is too difficult and unreliable. Thats why I posted a new method

Omni

BRoomer
uh, define good

and i said specifically

that players who normally do really good in Singles also do really good at Doubles, but not the other way around

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
9th With Malcolm and in All Reality We Should have beat seibrik and afro but malcolm got bored during the 2v1 during game 3. We probably would have loss to atomsk and chu though because we loss to them in pools

but anyway this is what happened game 3

We had killed afro and I was like 1 stock 80ish percent and Malc was like 1 stock 90ish and so all we really needed was that grab on seibrik and it would have been over and so seibrik starts chilling and playing SUPER safe so there was a point where malcolm hit him off stage and then is like "I'm going for it"

malcolm goes for the fart and misses but instead of going back to the stages he GOES OUT FOR THE FAIR! and misses that also and after he misses that he was like "TKO I'm Dead" seibrik dairs him off the bike and then grabs ledge so malc can't recover

then it was just a 1v1 with me and seibrik and I was holding my own for a good part of it but then he got me with that surprise up-b and I died...lol I was expecting him to get me with a dsmash if i airdodge and the one time i decide not to airdodge he gets it...lol.

also we are tipsy/slizzard/drunk during all of our doubles matches....Truly was fun as hell.

Omni

BRoomer
there MIGHT be a sassy fest/turney....this weekend...MIGHT...

this doesnt mean everyone assume its open...(currently awaits sassys word)

note:this is just practice for protect this house...
I'M THERE! (lol)

nah, but who wants to train today? i've been gettin' it in almost every day this week.

Omni

BRoomer
@matador: insurance aint kick in yet. no scoopin for a while

@boss: i don't sandbag! actually, the only person i've noticed who sandbags is PS, but he says that's cuz he's literally unable to play his best in friendlies

Top Bottom