• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD Biweekly Results (7/26)

chinesahh

Smash Lord
Teams - 8 Entrants
1st Groom Blue (Azen Zagenite + Chillindude829)
2nd Honor (Kaiser-GL+ Chinesah)
3rd Danger Will Robinson (JCeasar + P~S)
4th Mr. Game & Knight (Piero + Jaxin)
5th Raft Smash (Plairnkk + DK Smash)
5th Gangster Christmas (Renig + Epyk)
7th Booster And the Snifits (The Tantalus + Vanilla Waffle)
7th Star Gate Command (2 random ladies)

Singles - 23 Entrants
1st Azen Zagenite (Lucario/Peach)
2nd Plairnkk (Metaknight)
3rd Neo (Sheik)
4th Chillindude829 (Pit/Pokemon Trainer)
5th Chinesah (Wolf/Marth)
5th Kaiser-GL (Snake)
7th DK Smash (Diddy Kong/Donkey Kong)
7th Turbogilman (King Dedede)
9th Hova
9th JCeasar
9th P~S
9th Box
13th Piero
13th Fear
13th Luc
13th DawgBowl
17th The Tantalus
17th Mak
17th Vanilla Waffle
17th EEvisu
17th Yostir
17th Jaxin
23rd Deez

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
Ahhh I didn't really get to talk to everyone, Fun friendlies and good matches, though I really didn't talk to anyone for more than a minute other than caesar, regardless it was a good time and I'll be at the next...

...by next I mean next, next... cause biweekly would land the next on Otakon...

but yeah, I got alot to mull over and primarily I guess I just need to move faster and stop gently floating towards my enemies screaming "hey, here comes a fwdair, shield grab me plz"

still though, it was fun. Nice meeting you caesar, P-S and everyone else I talked with.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
sweet. Got my butt handed to me again.

Next time, maybe I'll do better. Azen made me look like a LV1 computer. I sure hope I can do better than that next time.

Fox doesn't seem to be working that well- either I need to train him up big time or I need to switch to someone else.

Good games to Azen, Piero for singles, and Mr. Game & Knight and Danger Will Robinson for teams. Felt like we had a chance in the teams which was cool.

OffTheChain

Smash Ace
Squander, my anti drug.

and why do people think I am emo, cause I am big, black and quiet? I thought that qualified me as a police suspect.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
calm down, i used sheik the whole tourney and chillin basically let me beat him in winners

LOL

chinesahh

Smash Lord
Who needs to be calmed down neo? i dont think anyone even mentioned you this thread yet LOL

this comp wont let me log off, but its plank on travis's name

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Awesome tourney, I met a lot of new people. And daaaamn we were so close to the money in teams.

In some tourneys I've been to, when you face the same person/team twice in a tournament, it just extends the set to a best of 7 instead of starting a new set. If that was the case we would have been 2nd. No johns though, it was a lot of fun playing you guys Travis and Kaiser.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Awesome tourney, I met a lot of new people. And daaaamn we were so close to the money in teams.

In some tourneys I've been to, when you face the same person/team twice in a tournament, it just extends the set to a best of 7 instead of starting a new set. If that was the case we would have been 2nd. No johns though, it was a lot of fun playing you guys Travis and Kaiser.
that is not true, its a whole new set.

those rules have only really applied at like, MLGs

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Top8 characterlist me.

1st Azen Zagenite (Lucario)
2nd Plairnkk (Meta Knight)
3rd Neo (Marth?)
4th Chillindude829 (Falco)
5th Chinesah (can't remember anymore.... Falco?)
5th Kaiser-GL
7th DK Smash
7th Turbogilman

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Top8 characterlist me.

1st Azen Zagenite (Lucario)
2nd Plairnkk (Meta Knight)
3rd Neo (Marth?)
4th Chillindude829 (Falco)
5th Chinesah (can't remember anymore.... Falco?)
5th Kaiser-GL
7th DK Smash
7th Turbogilman
azen - lucario
plank - MK
neo - sheik
chillin - falco
travis - wolf/marth
kaiser - snake
dk smash - diddy
turbogilman - DDD

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Who needs to be calmed down neo? i dont think anyone even mentioned you this thread yet LOL

this comp wont let me log off, but its plank on travis's name
i was telling people to calm down with "good **** plaink" when you just ledge stalled chillin to win the set?

wtf

f aggot ****

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i was telling people to calm down with "good **** plaink" when you just ledge stalled chillin to win the set?

wtf

f aggot ****
waah wahh im really glad all the whining doesnt phase me, but only fuels me. Who gives a ****? Ledge CAMPING. Laser CAMPING. Aerial CAMPING. It's all camping. Brawl is camping. im not going to sit there and get chaingrab to spiked for 60% every stock, so where can i not get chaingrabbed or spiked, or lasered. The edge. Where does HE have to approach ME? The favorable situation for ANYONE in the lead? The edge.

Azen ledgestalled vs me to win the set, do you see me whining about that anywhere? A loss is a loss, man it up.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
ledge camping for an entire 7 minutes where you're basically unable to be harmed because of game mechanics and specifically metaknight's character design is entirely different than laser camping and aerial camping which is easy to bypass

lmao tho

okay jon, GOOD **** MAN GRATS ON 2ND

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Many many characters can ledgestall well. Dk, pikachu, pit, rob, ETC. Most people just aren't gay enough to do it. I, however, am.

And yes i agree, brawls edge mechanics are absolutely stupid and make for edge camping to be way too good. Sucks for brawl.

Hate the game, not the player.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
or we could just hate the player for his limitless level of lameness and call you a h0mo

brawl doesn't need to get any lamer

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
By the end of melee people explored everything that was gay as **** in melee and exploited it. All im doing is doing that earlier in brawl.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
yeah guys we all had everyone ledge stalling for entire matches and 3 stocking pro players

word, sounds hot

the fact that both of you are supporting this says a lot ROFL

i will leave at that, done with this thread

chillindude829

Smash Master
My two most used chars this tourney were Pokemon Trainer and Pit, I only used Falco one match the entire tourney @ Ankoku

and lol @ raftbuilder, fucking faggot, i sincerely hate you

Kaiser-GL

Smash Journeyman
There's so much ridiculously gay **** in games I thought people had all accepted that anything will be used to win until banned. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the entire point of competition to win at whatever cost as long as you're within the boundaries of the rule set? It's what every professional player has been doing since day one.

Look at chu's style, azens style, m2k's style, hugs style, mango's style, and midwests style in melee. They all played "gay" in order to win and nobody gives them grief no matter what they do. It's just universally considered intelligent or good. The difficulty of a tactic isn't any determiner of its effectiveness/fairness, get it banned if it isn't fair.

On a side note, has anyone even seen m2k play brawl? Why does nobody become infuriated about his mk/dedede/whatever else, yet when raft does anything remotely similar everyone jumps all over his ****. M2k exploits the games brokenness and so does raft, whats the difference? Have we just unanimously accepted that m2k is allowed to do gay **** to win but nobody else is?

I guess I've been wrong all along about my stance on competition. You all might consider spending less time hating raftbuilder for being himself and trying to win. Time spent *****ing about how gay brawl is should also be entirely eliminated aside from the occasional joke. Replace this time with time spent on the creation constructive threads about changing what should and shouldn't be allowed if its so unfair. This flaming is stupid and not at all productive.

I leave you all with a link that seems suitable to this thread, I'm sure many of you have read this before, but it seems to have been lost in time.

http://www.sirlin.net/Features/feature_PlayToWinPart1.htm

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
i was pretty sure that ledge stalling was banned prior to this tournmanet. it should be now though

i know you and jon are friends but like comparing players who just do effective ****, WHILE fighting you to someone using a tactic that literally takes 7 minutes everytime it's done is just notttttt the same

friendship or not you should be able to see that. i was under the impression no one had done this yet because it was banned

just take it to the back room and get it banned. The top tiers are already making brawl a much more limited game then it actually is, we don't need this adding to that

some of these kids are getting hella desperate rofl

k NOW i'm done w/ thread i swear pls

Azen Zagenite

Smash Champion
=^_^=

I use ledge camping now, but only if someone picks a gay stage on me. Funny to try to outgay the gay the opponent tried to impose, lolllz.

I used Peach most of the time! Just Raft always ***** it and made me go Lucario :(

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
wow, The love...

...it's not exist.

(i'd have to say I'm against ledge stalling, and... well any kind of stalling. If you truly consider this a fighting game you should fight. In street fighter there aren't any walls to hide behind, you get backed into a corner... you get *****.)

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I use ledge camping now, but only if someone picks a gay stage on me. Funny to try to outgay the gay the opponent tried to impose, lolllz.

I used Peach most of the time! Just Raft always ***** it and made me go Lucario :(

Delfino must be a gay one then heh

Well thats ok, if I ever get to play Azen again I will just play FD for honor purposes even though you trashed me there with Peach who I know isn't even your best so I have quite a bit of work to do.

I'm playing Jigglypuff from now on. Lol jigglypuff is terrible but I don't care really I'm playing it and if i finish last in every tourney well it won't be any worse than how I'm doing now so I don't mind spending the money it was good times none the less. Jiggly is awful against G&W and Meta and a lot of the cast but those two especially but I can't play Dedede, Meta or Snake worth crap so I mind as well play bottom tier

meepxzero

Smash Master
lol neo I wasnt aware plank beat chillin ledge camping >_>a and yah it definitely needs to get banned i hated that **** since melee.

Plank knows what im talking bout lol.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
i could understand plank's motivation if this was a 50+ tourny, but this looks like it was just a ****-it-lets-brawl casual md/va shindig where everyone used secondaries.

i vouch for ignoring inui's existence on the threads.

kaiser: m2k's gay **** and plank's gay **** are completely different. m2k doesn't play you with the main motivation in mind to frustrate you. this game is fun and competitive until people purposely dumb it down. it's obviously allowed and legal, but it doesn't make you look like any less of a scrub. btw, sirlin probably was and still is disliked/hated by many people inside and outside of his social community regardless of if he is right or wrong.

we should all play more mario kart

Top Bottom