• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mcallen (The Valley) BiWeeklies Next Tournament (Disscus)

Magik0722

Smash Champion
No venue fee
5$ per tournament per person for main events
2$ per tournament per person for side events

If there is demand for it there will be teams for either game.

phone #: 956-463-7383
Email: Magik0722@gmail.com
Payout: 70/20/10

General rules:

* 3 Stock

* 10 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the exception of Winers Semifinals, Loser Semifinals, winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with a suicide and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for user of the suicide.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

* Dededes Infinite standgrab is banned

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. The first stage is selected at random
3. Each player may announce two stages to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
7. Repeat steps 4-6 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stage Lists

The first stage is selected at Random.
Each player may ban 2 stages.

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

Counter
Castle Siege
Yoshi's Island
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Norfair
Luigi's Mansion
Hanebrow (doubles only)

Additional Rules for Doubles Play

* Life Stealing is allowed

* Set team attack to ON

Other Rules

* Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.

* Resolving Ties: Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock, and then percents. If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock overttime or the sudden death will be played out. The TO needs to decide which of these will be used before the tournament. Bowser's suicide klaw is exempt from this rule.

* Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

* Pirated copies of Brawl or modded Wii consoles will not be used for tournament matches.

* The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

* It is recommended to have a station set up specifically for Gamecube controllers; this prevents intereference from wiimotes in future matches, whether intentional or accidental. This is a great way to make sure the finals go smoothly. Alternatively, you could make a station for wiimotes only, but it is recommended to have a GC only station.

Melee Rules:

Singles Random List:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland 64
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium

Teams Random List:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland 64
Pokemon Stadium.

Stages that are only banned in Singles:
Great Bay (Termina)
Mushroom Kingdom II

Stages that are only banned in Teams Only:
Fountain of Dreams

Additional Rules:

- For teams play, team attack is on, and stealing stock is allowed.

- Players may have a coach that can give advice to a player for one
minute in-between games. As soon as the stage is declared, the coach
must not say anything to the player (in terms of advice) until the
match ends.

- Glitches that freeze a character, freeze the game, or simply make
the game unfinishable are banned and using them will result in losing
the entire set. For example, the Ice Climbers Freeze Glitch.

- Wallbombing and Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery.
Stalling a game with any of these tactics will result in a loss of the
entire set.

- Falco is considered lame tier in this tournament

- Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use
third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you
are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to
use that controller any longer. Failure to comply can also result in
disqualification.

- Money Matches and friendlies: Keep in mind tournament games take
priority over you. Try to get them out of the way during warm-up time.
Once the tournament has progressed specific setups will be open for
friendlies only.

- Wobbling is NOT BANNED

Side Events

SSB64 Rules:

All matches are best of 3, with finals best of 5.

5 stock, 10 min Time limit

Team Attack On

No excessively STALLING a match! If caught doing so, you will be asked to stop with a warning. If you continue to do so, you will forfeit the match.

Items OFF

Because of the rarity of 64s around, the game will be played on the wiis virtual console this also means you will be able to use the classic controller / gamecube controller

Stages:

Stages available:
Peach's Castle
Hyrule Temple
Dreamland
Congo Jungle
Saffron City*

*Saffron city may be striked if either one of the player wants it to be. (you're welcome ness mains) but must do so before the random select

First round stage is random unless players can agree upon a stage

Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go to random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters

tsetse

Smash Lord
hmmmm.... to bad mikey can't make it to this he would of won it. Anyways I may make an appearance for melee not brawl since i really dont like it anymore.

SKEET SHADY

Smash Journeyman
yeah melee is way better. haha funny lookin at ur sig tsetse cuz i guess NOBODY uses cf ( who happens to be my main), but seriously uhhh magik since im new in texas theres a chance i could get lost, meaning i'm gonna leave alot earlier=p. theres a chance i may get there about a half hr ahead of time, that cool?

defsithe

Smash Ace
yeah melee is way better. haha funny lookin at ur sig tsetse cuz i guess NOBODY uses cf ( who happens to be my main), but seriously uhhh magik since im new in texas theres a chance i could get lost, meaning i'm gonna leave alot earlier=p. theres a chance i may get there about a half hr ahead of time, that cool?
half those people in that picture play some form of falcon just none of us truly main him

also
rey get my black controller from lithos and my rechargable batteries from magik for me.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Yeah will give them to rey for you mike. Thats fine shady, well play some friendlies or something. Just when you take off from your place give me a call.

defsithe

Smash Ace
there is also a melee tourny on the 26th at cyber comics in edinburg. i just found out about it today. since im not hosting, i dont think i have the right to make a thread about it. but just to let the valley people on smashboards thats arent already on the valley smash myspace thing. anyway www.myspace.com/cybercomics and www.myspace.com/smashvalley for more information.

also i cant make the next one sorry magik. i gots driving school thing and i dont wanna miss a melee only tourny lol. ill go to the next one?

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Also skeet I've been on the regional boards looking for tournament sometime in august. None have shown up so far, but Boss will be getting a new car soon with the same amount of space as yours. We'll check which car has the better gas mileage and take that one. So how much mpg does your car get? One we find one i'll start looking for people to join the ride.

SKEET SHADY

Smash Journeyman
aite sweet, just let me know by pm'ing me or with this thread. My internet is still down, so I'm checking everything by phone

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
maGIK mikey told me one of your friends has his controllers and he wants it back so ill pick it up at the tourny, hey do you live in cimarron? do you have the number for the gate or you can enter just like that?

defsithe

Smash Ace
so i will make it. i wish to meet my controller and $20 that is owed to me.:chuckle:

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
whens next one? ^.^ long time no see broly nice seeing you again

defsithe

Smash Ace
i dont think i will be making it to these biweeklies anymore. mostly because i think im done with this game. im throwing in the towel after this weekend i wont be playing smash anymore.:(:(:(:( it has been really fun playing these past like 4 years? see ya

nah im just kidding i start school again in kingsville next week so i wont be able to make some of them. the weekends when im in the valley ill show :laugh::chuckle: mikey is gonna cuz he is top seed lol.

and not broly-mikey mikey-mikey

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
wow! i was like what no more traveling to mexico mikey to play on the smash mex? T.T
couldnt believe you tho.

Broly

Smash Lord
ya know, we as the valley should try to draw out more competition from upstaters...its dumb to think they believe they are "too good" to come down here n compete with us...me n pax can honestly take most of them, n im not including magik or vash...

Magik0722

Smash Champion
I was hoping with smbu some upstate players would come down. But smbu was scaled down and rushed to early. Maybe if the entire valley crew was devoted to setting up a tournament with plenty of advertising time we could have a touranment with a 400$ pot

Top Bottom