• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mayo Clinic: Over! The ingredients are in the bowl... Did the emulsion hold together, or did it break like so many crumbling Oreos?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Page 1 of ???

Step 1: Combine lemon juice, vinegar, and mustard in your medium bowl.

-----------------------------------

"Hey, come in out of the rain! Did you have any trouble finding the place? Can I take your coat?"

"I'm not wearing a coat. And no, I didn't have any trouble finding the place. It's nice to finally meet you!"

"Y-Yeah, and you, Laura! You're pretty. ... Oh, n-no, no, um, you're not. I mean... you can keep your shoes on if you like. A-Actually, no, don't do that, they're wet. Can I take your shoes?"

"Ahahaha! You're funny, Kevin. Can I call you Kev?"

"Heh heh heh heh ha ha ha... aha. Yeah, okay."

-------------------------------------

"Ooh, homemade mayonnaise? I'm so excited!"

"Yeah, no problemo. It's old hat for me. I've done this many times throughout my life."

--------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------

"Many, many times. It's easy. Well, here I go with the first thing! I'm reaching for it, and I'm putting it in the bowl now! And there you have it, the beginnings of another successful mayonnaise!"

--------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------

Kantrip Kantrip was 1/6 cup of Doc's® Organic 'Tortillis' Probiotic Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, a.k.a. Town Doctor.

Date Night has begun! Awkward Pause 1 starts now and lasts approximately 24 hours, or until 7:30 p.m. EST (or until I get all Night actions in, if that time is a convenient time to start the Day).

Last edited:

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Page 1 of ???

----------------------------------

"Oops! These are going to need to go in here too. Silly me! Even heroes make mistakes, I guess."

Doc's® Organic Probiotic Dijon Mustard is a pure Dijon mustard made with attention to detail. With a creamy texture and piquant flavours, it's sure to seduce mustard lovers. Made from 100% stone-ground organic Italian mustard seeds, organic apple cider vinegar made from organic apples chewed by organic wild Opossum, and organic sea salt. Gluten-free, with no preservatives. Trust in Doc's product line for probiotic food solutions that protect your health!
An Italian prosecco, exposed to wild Italian acetobacter while bathed in a waning crescent moon's light in Italy, becomes Dr. Blocker's® Organic White Wine Vinegar, from Italy. Barrel-aged in Italy for fourteen months exclusively in earthy black Italian oak, this crisp and refreshing Italian vinegar is a must for everything from Italian salad to Italian dessert. If you don't appreciate that 'must' pun, Ura notta true Italiano, capiche?

"Wow, Kevin, this mayonnaise of yours is really coming together! I think that a man who can handle a whisk is so sexy..."

"Heh heh heh ha ha ho ha, well, ha ha, heh, phew. Yeah, totally. ... I mean, thank you."

"Tell me another story about your time as a lumberjack, Kevin! So manly..."

------------------------------------

We're still on Page 1! With 9 players remaining, it's 5 votes to lynch.

The phase starts now and ends in approximately 24 hours, at 7:30 p.m. EST.

D

Deleted member

What how when who why
I mean I'm not complaining but jesus ****ing christ these are some 360° no scope

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Hacking confirmed in this game.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I am a mixed bag of emotions.

Mainly happy, yet dismayed over the Kanty Lynch mainly cuz these day phases are fast so gotta read faster it seems haha.

I’ll probably be on posting tonight. 2/4 to go ✌

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Man, poor advice suggesting to shoot Opo in my Cop Doc Kill. Anyways at least we got rid the docblocker. Just 2 mafia and the SK left. We know either 2 people at most were sucessfully protected. Though there is also the situation of possible overlap such as 2 people shooting the same person or maybe even the SK meaning nothing happens.
Game state so far is that there is 4 doctors left, 2 vigilantes, 2 mafia and the SK.

D

Deleted member

Man, poor advice suggesting to shoot Opo in my Cop Doc Kill. Anyways at least we got rid the docblocker. Just 2 mafia and the SK left. We know either 2 people at most were sucessfully protected. Though there is also the situation of possible overlap such as 2 people shooting the same person or maybe even the SK meaning nothing happens.
Game state so far is that there is 4 doctors left, 2 vigilantes, 2 mafia and the SK.
Reas Opo's role PM again buddy

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
You can't read nor define colors huh?

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Well anyway, Now to actually talk about the game that has happened.

Would like to point some interesting tidbits out, both scum that become flipped have shown 3 patterns, pattern 1. they are inverse to rvs voting strategy no matter what for their votes and cop, doc, kill lists, 2. they intereacted with the game as little as possible for what they could get away with, and 3 they jumped onto the kantrip lynch without saying anything at all.

This inclined me to an interesting possible discovery, that we are actually looking at the scum list backwards, the scum were actually outsiders watching the town burn itself on the lynch and just simply jumped on majority, meaning those who were at most heat are actually inclined to be town since the two dead mafia felt no bother to jump in what so ever. This makes shishoe, bardul, J, and pokechu likely to not be mafia. Though there is no confirmation they are town they could unlikely be mafia or an sk.

Now comparing all the actions and the list i have made in my pm, i have 4 possible suspects who also indeed followed this scum patterns the two have died

Fire emblem: has only put a random vote on maven, and did a randomize doc, cop, kill list for bardul. Besides that he had literally nothing meaningful to contribute the whole last phase, never even taking off his random vote. while he did have a kill set for opossum, it was randomize meaning it had aboslutly no impact what so ever.

Moydow: also put down random vote, one for bardul, and also did a doc, cop, kill list, again for bardul, once coincidence twice is pattern here. And then chose to only observe instead of also meaningfully impact the game at all only really being around. Then when bardul outed them for only relying on RVS they chose to defend themselves by saying they did it early and that they counted the votes and posted it, and then unvoted to appease them saying if it was that big of a deal, and while they didn't vote they also jumped the kantrip train calling out for their suspicion.

Maven: voted shishoe based on a theory that he confirmed his role in mafia chat than the main thread and then did nothing around. Literally pokechu who was absent most of the day did more than he did.

Darkpit: followed majority lynches, both on shishoe and kantrip easily swayed by whoever had the bigger number on them, besides that he had little to say on anything practical just following masses.

These four are more likely to be scum based off of opossums and uras patterns. though this is based off a mafia reading, i don't have likely idea who the sk is. out of these four though my most likely pick for mafia is simple

Vote: moydow

You have done nothing productive in terms of hunting and questioning, you have only solely relied on rvs, which both scum also did putting you as a trifecta with those two. And when fire started to burn you, you just simply clouded away and done best to appease. you follow all three scum patterns that have been listed and you are in turn the most likely partner for both ura and opossum in my opinion.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
On a related note, Nabe, it might be more beneficial to include the cheat sheet in the OP or during each new phase.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Also I will say only the Kill part was randomized for my Cop Doc Kill picks. My thoughts on Moydow seemed a little positive, and Shish I was the one drawing a small amount of suspicion early in the game just by doing similar things by habit.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Also I will say only the Kill part was randomized for my Cop Doc Kill picks. My thoughts on Moydow seemed a little positive, and Shish I was the one drawing a small amount of suspicion early in the game just by doing similar things by habit.
Any part of it being random, makes the whole thing hogwash, because then theres no true opinon or anything substantial to use and whos to say what isn't random as opinion or put in.

It is why i hate random votes and puts. Because it taints everything as a lead.

D

Deleted member

Any part of it being random, makes the whole thing hogwash, because then theres no true opinon or anything substantial to use and whos to say what isn't random as opinion or put in.

It is why i hate random votes and puts. Because it taints everything as a lead.
Actually, RVS isn't supposed to be determined by RNG, it's just a vote thrown with little reasoning behind it to get a feel of the game. Though I will admit I had misunderstood that part before.

Anyways, it's kinda late here and I'm hyping up CT in the discussion thread but I have the whole afternoon tomorrow free so I'll try to reread the game then.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Actually, RVS isn't supposed to be determined by RNG, it's just a vote thrown with little reasoning behind it to get a feel of the game. Though I will admit I had misunderstood that part before.

Anyways, it's kinda late here and I'm hyping up CT in the discussion thread but I have the whole afternoon tomorrow free so I'll try to reread the game then.
I see. Still for these particular votes and input i'll only chalk up to as random regardless. Because they have no reasoning nor lead and do nothing to actually have helped. RVS or not they done nothing but to show they existed.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I see. Still for these particular votes and input i'll only chalk up to as random regardless. Because they have no reasoning nor lead and do nothing to actually have helped. RVS or not they done nothing but to show they existed.
The reason why I use random stuff near the beginning is to get reactions out of people, for example. When I selected Opossum as my Kill pick, he reacted to that saying it was "rude >:C", while it may not show reasoning, it certainly helps build connections.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
The reason why I use random stuff near the beginning is to get reactions out of people, for example. When I selected Opossum as my Kill pick, he reacted to that saying it was "rude >:C", while it may not show reasoning, it certainly helps build connections.
And in this particular case, it did nothing, that "rood" comment he displayed meant absolutely nothing in the long term.

And standing on a random thing holds no value, according to my list of all meaningful things phase 1, anything you did to cooperate in this game was random stuff, and you sat on your maven vote till the end instead of voice about the game what so ever. And you were around as well, meaning you chose purposely to not intake anything with which happened and watched the town burn eachother. Similar to what both opossum and ura did, only they actually voted with the majority.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
And in this particular case, it did nothing, that "rood" comment he displayed meant absolutely nothing in the long term.

And standing on a random thing holds no value, according to my list of all meaningful things phase 1, anything you did to cooperate in this game was random stuff, and you sat on your maven vote till the end instead of voice about the game what so ever. And you were around as well, meaning you chose purposely to not intake anything with which happened and watched the town burn eachother. Similar to what both opossum and ura did, only they actually voted with the majority.
Well for one thing, with each phase only being 24 hours and having work, I wasn't around for the last half of the phase when the Kantrip wagon happened, if I did appear in the thread it was most likely during my work break, meaning I wouldn't have the time to respond only to read the thread. So I sat on my vote not because I was purposely trying to hide, but mostly my inability change it as I wasn't around during a good portion of the day phase. I will admit that doesn't indicate me as more town or more scum. Just giving my perspective.
I do still rvs during Day 1 has some merit overall, and I'm sticking by it.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I agree that claiming a "randomizer" for doing anything seems like a cheap way to absolve someone of guilt. This was the excuse Ura used when he voted for my slot and kept it on even while deadline was approaching.

However, I think the major difference between Fire Emblemnier and Moydow/Ura is that Fire Emblemnier didn't put his vote into action on Opossum (I think, if memory serves) while Moydow/Ura likely had intended on keeping their votes in place had I not called them out on it; there was virtually no scum hunting or attempts from either of these players to develop their vote. In other words, talk is cheap, votes aren't.

I am not sure if Moydow/Ura are paired, albeit they did have some awkward interactions. Ura pointed out that Moydow had "similar RNG to himself" and also seemingly asked Moydow a direct question, to which Moydow did not ever respond to either of these comments:

Lol we have the same RNG.
This has no relation whatsoever to this game but what would happen theoretically speaking if everyone voted for someone else and everyone had one vote on them? Do they all get lynched? :confused:
Still haven't decided where my vote is going to be, currently filling out my notebook of goods. I'll provide some direction in a bit.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Dijon mustard? More like di-GONE mustard!

Hahahahaha...

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Ehhhh.

Yeah, actually, I think Moydow is a good direction. I kind of wish scum hadn't died so early because Opossum and Ura really hadn't formed many connections, but I think this is a good avenue of approach nonetheless.

Vote: Moydow

I would be interested in hearing more from other slots though if they feel there is a better avenue. Would really like to see more from Darkpit54 Darkpit54 Maven89 Maven89 Pokechu Pokechu

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Welp. Not sure if there's much I can do to dig myself out of this mess, but here goes nothing.

Not going to bother making too many excuses for the ****show that was my day 1 performance. I was actually busy and not able to pay much attention to here, but that's not going to convince anyone. If nothing else I at least understand the problem, so I'll try not to let it happen again.

I will admit I wanted to observe to some extent how suspicious people would find me if I contributed little (since Kon at least has said he interprets me being quiet to mean me being scum), to which it turns out the answer is "very". I know that's not really very town-friendly and is entirely self-serving, but I'd just put it down to wanting to observe and understand the game better.

I won't ask anyone to apologise if I get lynched and turn up clean, since that'll all be on me; obviously I know you're going to get nowhere by removing me, but of course I would say that either way.

I'm not going to be around for most of today so I won't be able to contribute much today either; if you want to just lynch me to get rid of someone who isn't able to do much, then that's fine by me, or I can just drop out and let someone else take over. I was rather hoping we'd have at least 48 hour phases for this (don't think it was mentioned before the game started that phases were 24 hours, if I'd known that before the game started I wouldn't have signed up), but oh well.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Good morning everyone!

Let's take a second to recap!

So far we are starting the game statistically in the green to win the game, however, mafia loves to defy statistics. ;) I will say that with the two mafia flips we lucked out with the Vig/SK getting BINGO's last night. That's amazing information to go off of! I am actually excited because the game seems to be looking a bit clearer.

The Kanty wagon yesterday seems to have formed tangible connections to the scum-team from yesterDay, but we can't go forward thinking that the entire scum-team had the same opinion on the Kanty wagon and also the same scum-hop mentality. Based on what I was re-reading, both Ura/Oppo were in the category of opportunistic scum though in terms of leaving us stuff to work at, not really anything to extrapolate on.

I would like us to shine light on some of the slots that are in the shadows who haven't had a chance to say anything, though at the end of the day they need to speak up or the game has a way of dealing with inactive slots through Mod/vote outs.

To give a little insight as to my reads this so far:

LonKon/Bard/Shishoe = I'm okay with for toDay. ( BarDulL BarDulL should talk to me though.)
PokeChu/Moydow/Fire Emblemier = Need to talk more toDay in particular
Maven/Darkpit = ??? (the two inactive slots, honestly 0 thoughts from me here)

I have no strong leans as to the final mafia member though the SK I am having more fun putting in their shoes and I like who I have their, though I consider Indy's side-quests until we solve the main puzzle unless they become a more relevant issue to our survival.

Gameplans:

A.) We could use the Day to search for the final mafia memeber and finish that up *Main Story Arch*
B.) We could begin our SK discussion since it is 7v1v1 currently. This is something that should be discussed during the twilight phase because of the fact we no longer have a Doc. *Side-Quest*
C.) We could just ignore everything and throw a massive party?
D.) All of the above.

I'm moving forward with option D personally and just going to try and tackle these together. If anyone has strong feels or thoughts, I am definitely down to discuss them. I have to look at some of the posts today again and see if I wanted to quote anything, but hopefully this gets us a good start to this Phase.

D

Deleted member

Maven hasn't replied to the post I tagged him and he's the most inactive player currently.(think he only posted, like, once?).

Vote: Maven

I'm still not fully sold on Moydow just yet though.

I also think we should start SK discussion. Though I'm not used on actually hunting them, so I'm not really sure what reads to look for, all the times they were killed in NZ games was by complete accident lol.

I second the party

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
If people were wanting 48-hour Day phases from now on, that is certainly a thing I could do.
I'll say yes to that, it allows me to be more active for sure. I don't have to worry about work getting in way as much.

Good morning everyone!

A.) We could use the Day to search for the final mafia memeber and finish that up *Main Story Arch*
B.) We could begin our SK discussion since it is 7v1v1 currently. This is something that should be discussed during the twilight phase because of the fact we no longer have a Doc. *Side-Quest*
D.) All of the above.

I'm moving forward with option D personally and just going to try and tackle these together. If anyone has strong feels or thoughts, I am definitely down to discuss them. I have to look at some of the posts today again and see if I wanted to quote anything, but hopefully this gets us a good start to this Phase.
Option D is where its at.
Though let's try to tone down C, as we don't want to throw a massive party for nothing.

Anyways, with mafia put in a bad position and with SK invulnerable to nightkills when do all you think is a good time for a doctor to start claiming? I feel at least knowing who one of the docs are could be helpful to town especially with the Docblocker and scum Doctor gone.

Keep in mind this is just an idea, I would want feedback from others to make sure doing this is actually beneficial for us as town or not, before someone claims.

D

Deleted member

I think massclaiming should only be done when we're down to one scum(mafioso) or SK, a Doctor claiming right now would just have them aim literally anywhere else.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I think massclaiming should only be done when we're down to one scum(mafioso) or SK, a Doctor claiming right now would just have them aim literally anywhere else.
Thinking about it massclaiming is in our best interest when there's only one threat left.
I would say if we do get down to one threat to town, I feel we could discuss a good plan.
Let's say for instance we manage to lynch the SK today and only the mafioso is left. I believe that the Vigilantes should claim, as with 5 doctors, we can safely protect them during the night phase easily. If 3 people were to claim Vig we would know that one of them is mafia and proceed to lynching each one till we hit scum. As nights would no longer has much of impact.
If the mafia member were to claim doctor. We would have guaranteed Vigs that will stay alive thanks to the doctors and we proceed to lynch the least convincing doctor until we hit scum. The mafioso is easier to deal with if they claim doctor as the game could end even earlier if they are killed by a vig in the night.

If it's the SK left, the Vigilantes have down there job and its most important that town keeps each other alive, until we can narrow down the SK.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
No, we don't have a doc, we have five.

Maybe it's just me, but this seems like an odd way for a town player to acknowledge the loss of only one of the docs. To me it seems to imply "there are no more docs left", and the only team for which that is true is the mafia. If it were me I'd have said something like "we've lost one of our docs" here.

I dunno, maybe I'm reading too much into it, but if I've learned anything from the few games I've played, it's that awkward phrasing often points to the truth. I'm going to go through the rest of the thread more closely in a bit so I can actually start doing something other than putting myself in a bad position, but this struck me as odd as soon as I read it.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
No, we don't have a doc, we have five.

Maybe it's just me, but this seems like an odd way for a town player to acknowledge the loss of only one of the docs. To me it seems to imply "there are no more docs left", and the only team for which that is true is the mafia. If it were me I'd have said something like "we've lost one of our docs" here.

I dunno, maybe I'm reading too much into it, but if I've learned anything from the few games I've played, it's that awkward phrasing often points to the truth. I'm going to go through the rest of the thread more closely in a bit so I can actually start doing something other than putting myself in a bad position, but this struck me as odd as soon as I read it.
Yeah, I've thought it was a strange way to phrase it but overlooked it honestly. Sometimes I phrase thing super weird, despite the best intentions. I would consider it evidence only if there are other signs of scummy behavior

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Yeah, I've thought it was a strange way to phrase it but overlooked it honestly. Sometimes I phrase thing super weird, despite the best intentions. I would consider it evidence only if there are other signs of scummy behavior
Hm, fair enough. Still going through the thread, but I'll give his other posts a closer look just in case.

Top Bottom