• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mayo Clinic: Over! The ingredients are in the bowl... Did the emulsion hold together, or did it break like so many crumbling Oreos?

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
My opinion is the three people who'll reveal the most upon their deaths are shish, kantrip, and moydow. Having them flip means we can put meaning to their words based off their alignment and what others have to say about them.

At this point i'll side with bardul on moydow.

Vote: Moydow.

D

Deleted member

Opinion on Kantrip:

I don't find Kantrip's reasoning regarding a no-go on the Shish wagon to be particularly scummy. I think his Pokechu vote seems to fall in line with his opinion regarding voting off inactives which he mentioned earlier.

I meeeeeeean, you were at 3, and I was at 2, I just felt like it could go either way at that point and didn't want to get hardbodied in the ensuing "flavor shuffle" that inevitably happens.
>:^( you're lucky I'm reading you as Town because it makes me mad you'd throw me under the bus.

Oh hey, speaking of reads(relating to both our wagons):
-Moydow and Ura: doubt they're working together or else they would wait someone else to vote for you. I think one could be scum but then why not just ride off my wagon?
-Kattnip: I agree them jumping out of my lynch isn't scummy, lynching someone due to RVS is a bad idea and I would still be unconfortable with the idea even if it wasn't me.
-J and Darkpit: no ****ing idea, never played with them and they hacen't done anything to catch my attention other than vote for me. Could be genuine RVS, could be scum-intended, I dunno.
-Maven: Maven89 Maven89 is your goal to eat babies?

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Kon pretty much summed up my thoughts on this post. To be quite honest, I see where Kon is coming from in thinking that Kanty's vote onto Pokechu does come directly after his post. (though to Kanty's defense, he could have just agreed that Pokechu was the most inactive and therefore did not think the need to qualify their vote for such a reason)

Though the bigger issue I have is the wording I pointed out in Kon's post regarding the sudden defense. The reason I liked Kon's post was because Kanty's post gave me an odd vibe from how it seemed he had a much stronger opinion about Shish than it seems possible to have based on their posts. Shish did not have anything to suggest that their lynch would not give us information.

If Shish's lynch doesn't give valubable information to lynch, then why is Pokechu your new vote? Kantrip Kantrip

Neither lynch gives information so by your own logic, neither wagon matters at all for who goes. What at the time of this post made you want to sway the attention from Shish to Pokechu? As in, what is the key difference behind their two lynches from this post before Shish came in posting after it seems everyone realized the deadline was looming?

The justification for not lynching Shish reads as fake especially when you coat on the fact that Pokechu was the new vote with the exact justification behind the Shish wagon.

I could be reading intently into this, however, this is the first post in the game to give me those heeby jeeby vibes of dis-genuine content. That's basically my thoughts on the whole Kanty vote being odd.

More of a conversation I'd like to discuss if we had more daytime, but for the record of the day I'd like to FoS: Kanty till I am able to get some conversations finished with him.
I think you went on in a lot more detail then i could of done mate, cheers.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh!

As an OoG thing, I have no idea who any of y'all are. I refer to everyone by "They/Them/Their" till I have distinguished what y'all would prefer to go by. I used to be considered a female for the longest time on this forum so I try and make sure everyone feels included/goes by what they prefer since the internet is a very interesting place.

I apologize if I mess up, though I will try to improve in the future. :)

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I'd figure if I was mafia and trying to direct a mislynch, I wouldn't even bother to report the vote count if I thought it was going in my favour, since making people aware of where the votes stand would just prompt people to start reconsidering their votes more carefully, right? I concede I could have done better in that aspect myself, though.

I guess for where my mind is at right now, I'm looking at Kantrip suddenly voting for Pokechu as soon as Chu came within a single vote of Shish. Just seems too convenient to me, like they had some reason to come to Shish's defence. Shish hasn't really done much here, so how could they say that lynching Shish isn't going to get us any valuable information?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
OoG = Out of Game

I'm sorry, I use a lot of out-dated forum terms from being on them for so long. ^^"

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Oh!

As an OoG thing, I have no idea who any of y'all are. I refer to everyone by "They/Them/Their" till I have distinguished what y'all would prefer to go by. I used to be considered a female for the longest time on this forum so I try and make sure everyone feels included/goes by what they prefer since the internet is a very interesting place.

I apologize if I mess up, though I will try to improve in the future. :)
I don't have any preferences in terms of pronouns. Just call me whatever everyone else does if you don't want it to be confusing. :p

I do always appreciate when people ask instead of assuming, though.

D

Deleted member

I also don't really care for pronouns even though I have "male" on my profile.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I'm male. But really the only one of my family thats sensitive to that is my sister, shes female and has bad history dued to her appearance being masculine.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I love the information to better help me in the future. Thanks everyone!

Anyways, while y'all are here since I have you. Tell me why we should not lynch Kanty over an inactive when I think the information presented is actually more credible to lynching Kanty now that I think about it rather than a Moydow/Shihsoe lynch.

Vote: Kantrip

I still have to work on being more confident in my feelings when I initially post them. Some habits never change, but I hope y'all would join me on this wagon! I think this is the best course for the day.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Oh boy, seems ive caused a clamour.

Im in class rn but I will say my reason for voting Pokechu was outlined in my previous post where I said id prefer to lynch the people who havent voted.

I had no strong feelings about anyone (that might change with all the recent posts I have to catch up on) so my preference for lynch goes to an inactive over Shish who was entirely an RVS wagon.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
To be fair, that question looks as if a deflection attempt onto Bard. Though I have townish vibes towards his slot currently so I could be biased.

So, I'll play.

Well, I have stuff to do, sooooooo...

Unfortunately, while I don't find Shish particularly scummy, I'm currently at 2 votes, and who knows what tomfoolery could happen while I'm gone, so I kinda have to:

Vote: Shishoe

Although frankly I'd rather see Moydow or Ura eat a bullet because they are claiming to be using "RNG" with deadline coming up. That said, if I somehow randomly die and their votes are on me, they should not at all be absolved of suspicion just because they were using "RNG" for their votes. :mad::mad::mad:
Re-examining the post does pose a new question. If you rather would have seen Moydow and Ura at the time eat the bullet, I feel you could have voted either of them at this point especially with the logic you presented. Bard though at the same time does read more of just bonking players on the head regarding RNG (I mean, it's a nit-picky point considering the DayPhase so far at this point, but I'll digress)

The vote is odd a bit. I see why you would want us to re-examine the post from a cursory glance again.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Literally I wanted Kanty to be here before deadline so I can chat with him and boom he appears.

I love little life coincidences.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
My vote was more or less entirely self-preservative, lol. I was going to head out to downtown Austin, but then I got caught up in this game and...yeah?

Granted, given the context of the situation I was in, I'd of course rather not let myself get lynched.

Also, not sure if you guys know this, but if deadline is reached, generally the player with the most votes gets killed off. Or, at least that is how it has been for the last 2-3 months. So naturally I'm playing to my wincon by taking a chance on Shish as opposed to letting myself potentially get bamboozled.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I also have a town lean on Bardull, not accounting for mod stuff mind you. I'm asking that question because I believe there's a logical inconsistency in people disliking my Pokechu vote because it seems opportunistic when coupled with Lone's.

Bardull's stated reasoning for his vote was literally what people are accusing me of doing in deflecting from Shish's wagon. I will openly admit I don't want to lynch Shish and I am not trying to hide that fact. I also think there's nothing inherently wrong with Bardull joining that wagon as an act of self-preservation.

Kantrip

Kantplay
To re-iterate, I chose Pokechu both because he was inactive, but also because of Lone's vote. I want to join a wagon that has a chance of actually achieving a lynch, and to vote elsewhere would be wasting my vote.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I disagree with the notion Kanty's vote was equilateral to Bard's vote on Shish.

The tone is very different.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Alright, tone in my vote was different to Bardull's but the function was the same.

My point is that I was joining the biggest wagon that I liked, which happened to be Pokechu's. Bardull didn't want to get lynched, so he joined the largest wagon he was okay with, which was Shish's. Neither vote is inherently more or less opportunistic, and in my opinion both follow a logical and valid process.

The votes I dislike the most at this time are Darkpit's, J's, and Ura's.

Darkpit subscribed to the idea that random lynches are bad.
He also determined that Shish's lynch would be a random lynch.
Therefore, Shish's lynch is bad yet he joined it anyways.

I get bad vibes from J's and Ura's votes on me moreso than others, and I particularly want to see Ura's elaboration to why my vote was "suspect as hell."

D

Deleted member

If Bard was Mafia, he wouldn't have been so upfront about self-preservation, I guess this could be sort of WIFOM but it'd be too risky for him to do that if he was actually scum.
I'm reading him as Town because of that.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
You literally are suspecting everyone who voted you originally

I have questions, but I think you know what they are.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Sorry about that, you ninja'd me before the preview window came up haha.

Shish, who do you believe should go today? Based on Kanty's recent posts, do you have vibes leaning either town or scum for him?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yes Shish that argument is entirely WIFOM and not sound. I dont disagree with the conclusion but using Bardull's tone with regards to his self-preservation does not change the act itself.

I'll bite though. I can say I was just as up front about preferring an inactive lynch over a random one. Hence voting for Pokechu, the most inactive player, over you, a random vote that lots of people jumped on with no reasoning other than it was the biggest.

Kantrip

Kantplay
J, that is not literally everyone. It's 2 of you.

My distaste for Darkpit comes from his Shish vote.

Humour me, what do you want from me?

Kantrip

Kantplay
J, i need to know.

You talk about the information from my lynch being better than an inactive lynch. I agree empahtically.

But do you think I am sick? If yes, is it just based on your gut off of my tone, or concrete reasons?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
The problem I have with your slot is I am reading you as disgenuine and not being honest in the original post on Shish. I even said in the post that I did see where you are coming from and even did not vote you until I felt my hand was pressed because I did not want a lynch with no information since I love information and you are the slot that is bringing me into this game.

Regardless of being right or wrong at this juncture is neither here nor there. What I am trying to do is discuss information with you and I have to say if you truly read my original post, I did highlight that I did not feel leaning a lynch at the time of my post because I wanted to have more of the DayPhase to discuss the problems I am having with your slot.

However, you are writing me off as scum because of bad vibes regarding my vote on you. I'm sorry Kanty, based from my perspective, you are coming across as OMGUS here on my post against you because the reason I am voting you is not even because I have you as a scum-read. I have you as a slot I am suspicious of that I want to conversate more with.

What I would like from you is to read is to please examine my posts more closely when analyzing because this conversation is what I wanted from the get-go.

======

To sum up my issues with your slot, it's purely vibes based on other people making me feel more comfortable with them while you are perplexing me with your style of posting. You do not even know the main reason why you are being voted/talked about. Instead you think it is entirely related to something you see similarly in Bard's vote which are not the same things.

I do not want anyone else to go really. You are the lowest read on my totem pole, it's Day 1, and you and I are the only ones with the truly meaty conversation so even if I were to be wagon-snap lynched at this very second, there would be a cornocopia of infromation for the town to dive into.

The reason I am pushing you is because I want information is a game where the most prevalent conversation was a mod discussion. I wanted to poke you a bit and see if I can read your true intent.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Wow ninja'd while typing again. I just don't like being distracted by new posts and giving my honest opinions untainted from the time I read them. ;_;

D

Deleted member

Sorry about that, you ninja'd me before the preview window came up haha.

Shish, who do you believe should go today? Based on Kanty's recent posts, do you have vibes leaning either town or scum for him?
I don't think Kanty is scum, at least not Mafia. I agree with their point on not wanting to lynch at random even if I may sound biased for being my neck on the line.

As for who should go? Pokechu I'd say Lonnie, don't like them jumping at Kantrip for changing their vote even though they had a reasoning for it but that's about it.
Yes Shish that argument is entirely WIFOM and not sound. I dont disagree with the conclusion but using Bardull's tone with regards to his self-preservation does not change the act itself.

I'll bite though. I can say I was just as up front about preferring an inactive lynch over a random one. Hence voting for Pokechu, the most inactive player, over you, a random vote that lots of people jumped on with no reasoning other than it was the biggest.
I mean, it's not like I disagree with your vote and argument

Kantrip

Kantplay
Okay that post clears some things up about your mindset for me. I didn't see your read on me from your perspective but if its about my Shish opinion being disingenuous at least that's tangible.

My stance on that wagon remains the same however. It was you voting him for the cutest avatar and Maven RVSing him and then Bard and Darkpit joined it cuz it was the biggest wagon. Zero good info, zero actual reasons and I still think that was a bad wagon to pursue.

Idk how much time is until deadline but I have another class and it seems I'm the lynch. I agree it gives the most info but I still think it was formed with faulty logic.

I maintain that I had every reason to want an inactive lynch over a random one. Lone himself voted Pokechu with the same reasoning. Lone is a slot I dont feel confident in reading based off what I've seen so far.

Other than that ive said my piece. Gl

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Alright, tone in my vote was different to Bardull's but the function was the same.

My point is that I was joining the biggest wagon that I liked, which happened to be Pokechu's. Bardull didn't want to get lynched, so he joined the largest wagon he was okay with, which was Shish's. Neither vote is inherently more or less opportunistic, and in my opinion both follow a logical and valid process.

The votes I dislike the most at this time are Darkpit's, J's, and Ura's.

Darkpit subscribed to the idea that random lynches are bad.
He also determined that Shish's lynch would be a random lynch.
Therefore, Shish's lynch is bad yet he joined it anyways.

I get bad vibes from J's and Ura's votes on me moreso than others, and I particularly want to see Ura's elaboration to why my vote was "suspect as hell."
The reason I voted for Shish despite my distaste for randomly voting is because the deadline was approaching (less quickly than I had thought at the time though, I didn't realize it was EST) and I needed to vote. Since I didn't really have a solid read on anyone, I decided to just go with what the current majority seemed to be.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Oh crap I'm so so sorry I got ninja' d. Should I delete it?

Top Bottom