• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mayo Clinic: Over! The ingredients are in the bowl... Did the emulsion hold together, or did it break like so many crumbling Oreos?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mayo_Clinic

This recipe is dead simple, so you can just follow along with me at home, okay?

First, set up a medium-sized mixing bowl made of borosilicate glass, and wet a heavy kitchen towel. (We prefer a synthetic blend of materials to best ensure adhesion for the duration of the whisking.) Wrap this towel around the bottom of the bowl -- this will prevent the bowl from wobbling while you whisk. Speaking of, ready your size 4-B stainless steel whisk. You'll need it. If you only have 4-A or lesser, go out and buy a 4-B. And while you're out, do yourself a favour and grab a jar of the store-brand slop they insultingly deem mayonnaise, because you're not ready for the real world, Macaulay. This isn't a game.

... Now that that's all done, let's get a head start on the mise en place.

Ingredients

First, make sure that you have your acids on hand. You can and should measure them out before we begin.
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice (not from concentrate, freshly squeezed if possible, freshly picked if possible)
  • 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar (if your wine bowl hasn't picked up a wild acetobacter culture yet, ask your friend for a bottle of theirs)
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (substitute other mustards only at your own peril)
Next, you'll need the fat components. Now, this may seem rich, but don't you fret, the acids will cut that fat perfectly.
  • 2 egg yolks, free-range, farm-fresh, and fancy-free
  • 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil, to be added slowly in six 1/6 cup portions so as not to break the delicate emulsion (try if you can to find a recent batch imported from the Valle del Tavo area in the Abruzzo region of Italy, but in a pinch, any old bottle from Abruzzo will do)
Now, I stress that this next part is optional:
  • 1 large garlic clove, crushed, allowed to rest 15 minutes for the release of allicin

And finally, make sure that you've got an abundance of salt prepared, as we'll be salting this one to taste.

Let me know when you're ready to proceed to the first step!

Last edited:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
every time i see a nabe setup there are excessive guns pretty sure nabe hosts his games out of perverse pleasure of us slaughtering each other when will it stop

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I've been busy but I think I can handle this
/in

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Everyone on day 1:

"I'm a doctor!"

That'll be a first for us, lol.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
September 8th, 2018.

It's a decent night in the middle of Texas; it ain't too hot, perhaps a little wet at around 74 degrees fahrenheit. Rain drops silently land and slide against my window while I slurp down a pack of Nissin's chicken flavored top ramen. 22 cents never tasted so good.

I've signed up for Nabe's game in an attempt to further myself to new Mafia heights. Only a minute later though, the moogle signed up right behind me.

I sense the moogle has entered this game with a knife pointed at my back.

There's something about that moogle that always makes me think there is a glimmer of evil in their eyes, waiting to strike at anyone too naive to trust 'em. Ever since Fate Mafia, I've learned to keep my cards pressed against my chest when the moogle is around. Don't let your eyes off 'em. Get a feel of 'em and keep them in your line of sight, or the last thing you'll see is the concrete stained with red.

Maybe I'm just paranoid, slowly descending into madness as I continue shamelessly slurping down these noodles. Or maybe I'm not. Time will tell.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
September 8th, 2018.

It's a decent night in the middle of Texas; it ain't too hot, perhaps a little wet at around 74 degrees fahrenheit. Rain drops silently land and slide against my window while I slurp down a pack of Nissin's chicken flavored top ramen. 22 cents never tasted so good.

I've signed up for Nabe's game in an attempt to further myself to new Mafia heights. Only a minute later though, the moogle signed up right behind me.

I sense the moogle has entered this game with a knife pointed at my back.

There's something about that moogle that always makes me think there is a glimmer of evil in their eyes, waiting to strike at anyone too naive to trust 'em. Ever since Fate Mafia, I've learned to keep my cards pressed against my chest when the moogle is around. Don't let your eyes off 'em. Get a feel of 'em and keep them in your line of sight, or the last thing you'll see is the concrete stained with red.

Maybe I'm just paranoid, slowly descending into madness as I continue shamelessly slurping down these noodles. Or maybe I'm not. Time will tell.
LOL

I'm still sorry about Fate 2! My wall against you was wrong from the start, I was dumb, and then got my feelings hurt when you told me, I was a dumb. Maaaaan IDK what I was thinking :joyful:

Maybe if you have a gun here, you can shoot me and make up for it? LOL

Pretty cool how you're in Texas, though! I haven't met a fellow Texaner! Though I'm in Houston.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I live in Austin. Been here for about 4~ months. I was considering checking out Houston but everyone keeps telling me that it's the "armpit of texas" and I just can't do intensely muggy weather. I don't know how you guys manage honestly.

Granted I'm a spoiled California brat, so anything bordering on really muggy just grosses me out lmao

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I live in Austin. Been here for about 4~ months. I was considering checking out Houston but everyone keeps telling me that it's the "armpit of texas" and I just can't do intensely muggy weather. I don't know how you guys manage honestly.

Granted I'm a spoiled California brat, so anything bordering on really muggy just grosses me out lmao
It is the armpit of Texas

It is muggy

LOL

Austin (and California too. Basically anything really lol) seems waaaaay cooler, I don't know how I manage Houston, especially since I wear jackets all the time. I can't go without long sleeves, I need them!! But in 90 degree heat, it's not a smart idea!!! :laugh:

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord

Traffic in Houston is terrible but I'm not sure if it's any better in Austin, you only really got 35 right?
(I live in San Antonio)

Pokechu, I've often been told a Joke that you can tell who is from Houston because anytime they go anywhere they comment on how dry the heat is.

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
It is the armpit of Texas

It is muggy

LOL

Austin (and California too. Basically anything really lol) seems waaaaay cooler, I don't know how I manage Houston, especially since I wear jackets all the time. I can't go without long sleeves, I need them!! But in 90 degree heat, it's not a smart idea!!! :laugh:
Austin is pretty cool, I won't lie. A little expensive and kinda boujee though, but otherwise I like it. California sounds cool, but the economy isn't; the housing market is over inflated due to widespread speculation from the tech boom, so people from all over the world are just buying up land there without a second thought. Rent is also really high; in San Francisco, you need to pay at least $3000 a month for a studio apartment.

From what I hear though, Houston's job economy is pretty impressive and they have tons of Fortune 500 companies over there. Also it's one of the largest cities in terms of population, and has a lot of character...and then of course there's the lower rent compared to Austin.

Traffic in Houston is terrible but I'm not sure if it's any better in Austin, you only really got 35 right?
(I live in San Antonio)

Pokechu, I've often been told a Joke that you can tell who is from Houston because anytime they go anywhere they comment on how dry the heat is.
Once you've sat in Los Angeles traffic, specifically the 405 or the 10, pretty much nothing phases you anymore lol. But yeah, no city is perfect, we all have our preferences.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
This looks like a fun set-up to ease into.

Plus it’s Nabe. He always draws me /in.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mayo-r may not play.
Just kidding I'm /in.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
This thread only serves as a reminder that I suck at cooking.

And hence why I choose to spectate.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I don't really get notified do I?

Oh well, guess that what happens when your an irregular visitor to this whole site who gets by via mentions. I enjoyed your last one and knowing the set up removes jank, so you can consider me /in.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy

Sorry to tag you! You haven't played in a while and you're pretty rad. You might've been tagged and just ignored them, but if not, how about playing a Mayo Mafia game? Who doesn't want to be a doctor or a shooter, eh??

BarDulL

Town Vampire
So many old DGamers coming out of the woodwork. Awesome. Looking forward to playing with J and Kanty again.

Last edited:

Kantrip

Kantplay
I wish I could say I've never gotten Katnip before, but you're not the first to read it like that haha.

Hi Bardull, hi Nabe!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Commitments elsewhere, but put me down on as replacement

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
This game's setup isn't moving at all so i'm /in

Top Bottom