• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mayhem - 1/4/14 - San Gabriel, CA

MacD

Banned via Administration
Thanks to everyone who came out. Sorry it ran so long, but we're still trying to work out everything. They are going to be working on their electrical setup, so we will be able to have more setups next time!!!

original thread - http://smashboards.com/threads/macd...ject-m-january-4th-2014-san-gabriel-ca.343347

We had around 145 Unique entrants, and 96 for both Melee and Project M singles. Around 50 people entered both which is just crazy.

Melee Doubles - 20 Entrants

1: Fiction + MacD
2: Sfat + S2J
3: Lucky + Westballz
4: ROFL + Tafokints
5: Larry + Mike Haze
5: L + NMW 7: RCizzle + Little England
7: Hyprid + Hugo Cortez
9: PikminButDeadly + Boback
9: Oxy | Crimson Blur + Inty
9: Joe Joe + Nawncents
9: A Rookie + Green Ranger
13: The Prince + Navagator
13: Ganoush + Gabriel
13: Smoked Salmon + Micky
13: Sacasumoto + Wieners
17: Woth + StingX
17: Beef + Shmeetah
17: Jackot + OG Nar
17: Miwi + Broseph

(sorry don't have the bracket unless it was saved on the computer)

Melee Singles - 96 Entrants

http://challonge.com/Mayhem1_4_14

1: Lucky :foxmelee:
2: Sfat :foxmelee:
3: Fiction :foxmelee:
4: Fly :icsmelee:
5: Westballz :falcomelee: / :foxmelee:
5: Tafokints :sheikmelee:
7: S2J :falconmelee:
7: DEHF :falcomelee:
9: ROFL :luigimelee:
9: HugS :samusmelee:
9: Alex19 :foxmelee:
9: Little England :falcomelee:
13: Connor :foxmelee: / :peachmelee: / :marthmelee: / :sheikmelee:
13: Hyprid :marthmelee:
13: Okami :sheikmelee:
13: SFS | A Rookie :mariomelee:
17: Kira :sheikmelee:
17: RCizzle :falcomelee:
17: Boback :icsmelee:
17: Hugo Cortez (HugQ) :samusmelee:
17: Green Ranger :dkmelee:
17: KikoMePrease :falcomelee:
17: Rickety :sheikmelee:
17: L :foxmelee:
25: Squid :falcomelee:
25: GNT :falcomelee:
25: Joe Joe :sheikmelee:
25: Bardul :marthmelee:
25: Sacasumoto :sheikmelee:
25: Nonsense :peachmelee:
25: BAM :falconmelee:
25: NMW (Nick Whitter) :falconmelee:
33: Wieners :marthmelee:
33: Crimson Blur :marthmelee:
33: Koopa Troopa 895 :mariomelee:
33: Action Hero

Project M Doubles - 19 Entrants
1: Fiction & Larry
2: Fly Aminita & Okami
3: Aero & Royal
4: CT Tyrant & Machiavelli
5: Lucky & Westballz
5: The depths & BBR
7: Humble Dojo & GMI
7: Disqo & Meech
9: Aggro & 3Years
9: Jason Waterfalls & Chewy
9: Jebus & Ry Guy
9: Tristan's Rule & Rusty
13: Fine & Zombii
13: Smoked Salmon & Worth
13: PikminButDeadly & Boback
13: Baka & Alex the Great
17: Stingx & Jellow
17: AT| Kdash & Sosa
17: Cuddles & Nowhere Ma

Project M Singles - 96 Entrants

1: DEHF :falco:
2: Fly Amanita :dedede:
3: CT Tyrant :metaknight:
4: OkamiBW :sheik:
5: Disqo :diddy:
5: Lucky :falcon: ("would have won" - Lucky)
7: Royal :diddy: / :dk2:
7: Machiavelli :ivysaur:
9: Action Hero
9: SFAT
9: Aero
9: The depths
13: Meech
13: Project Man
13: BBR
13: Inty
17: Studmuffin
17: Rickety (Forfeit in Bracket)
17: 3Years
17: Connor
17: Fiction
17: Radio Giraffe
17: Wieners
17: Green Ranger

Not sure who these guys all play XD

Last edited:

MacD

Banned via Administration
Thanks everyone for coming. Big shoutouts to JoeJoe, Saca, Bardul, Nick whitter, and Crimson for helping run the stream at random points. thanks to people helping run pools and keeping the brackets going. Thanks to everyone who brought setups even if we didn't use it.

Sorry again it ran so late. I can't stop thinking about how to improve and where to save time. All things considered, I'm content with how things ran. I will update people on the future of our series after talking more with the venue, but the initial reaction is that they are happy. they said if things went well, they would love to continue to have us, and they are willing to work with us. One thing they said was they would fix up their electrical situation so they can support more setups.

Hope everyone had fun and can't wait to see you guys at the next one!!!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
From what I heard, PM top 3 was 1. Larry 2. Fly 3. Tyrant

SUNG475

Smash Ace
Fun watchin the stream! Classic SoCal bracket. Can't wait to be back :]

Deviljho

Smash Journeyman
And to think I had Lucky,who won, in my pool. That was loads of fun. I really enjoyed it. :D

EDIT: I had him in my Melee pool, not PM lol. Can't wait to see where I placed in everything!

Last edited:

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
more or less looks like you held a wildly successful tournament, good job

those competive teams really making me want to show up to the next one. any homies wanna team for the next one? jason, sheridan, mike, ajay, SUNG, joey L, etc.

still not feeling too competitive tho and i have a certain standard to hold myself to, so i wont come back til i know i'm up to par. maybe feb 1

GOOD **** JASON EAGLIN!!! WELCOME BACK!!!

chet beat johnny? jesus that fool is good. when i come back i am going to take you out, mark my words

good **** alex, green ranger, rc, kira (sorry just saw u lost to albert), joejoe, sfat, HUGQ, FICTION, lucky (wow 6-0'ing sfat? dittos are your best matchup).

johnny you got BODIED :(. drugs are bad, mmkay? oh well, everyone has a bad tourny. if it can happen to fly it can happen to anyone!

fiction how free is tafokints to you? LOOOL. sorry daniel, until ****** give me props about shot calling fiction i can't let it go so easliy =P

jason did u go marth or falco?

Last edited:

Smish

Smash Rookie
Half-assed shoutouts~

MacD: all and all you did a good job. Wasn't bad at all for the first one. You already know what needs to be/could be improved and that's all that matters. I had lotsa fun. <3 you

Connor: smh. Good to see you though <3

Dayman: Glad I got to play with you a bunch. Your fox is VERY fun to play and I definitely learned a ton about fighting the Marth matchup. I'm feeling a lot more confident overall. Thanks for all the help!

Action Hero (2jar): Not gonna lie, I was mad salty from our set. Not at you but more at myself lol. You outplayed me for sure, though. Good stuff and I'll get you next time >:] and Nice Job making it into bracket! Don't quit Luigi!

Bardull: Nice to see you placing consistently higher. Way too many people sleep on you. Good **** keepin it reEeEeEAAaaL

NASA: lol I think we both know the highlight of the night. #YoungLink

Smiley: Duuuude I was pretty bummed that you were mostly playing Falcon (at least from what I saw). Honestly you should be sticking with just one character. If you wanna play Falcon, then practice him a bunch and get tech skill REAL solid before pulling him out at tournament. If you want to play him, practice him on your own time or at smashfests and stuff. Tourneys are great for learning obviously but you coulda been playing your main in those sets instead to see where you stand. Idk, just my 2 cents. Good stuff though. I think you've improved a lot.

I forgot people but yeah I love you all <3. Fun tourney. GGs to all.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
Smiley: Duuuude I was pretty bummed that you were mostly playing Falcon (at least from what I saw). Honestly you should be sticking with just one character. If you wanna play Falcon, then practice him a bunch and get tech skill REAL solid before pulling him out at tournament. If you want to play him, practice him on your own time or at smashfests and stuff. Tourneys are great for learning obviously but you coulda been playing your main in those sets instead to see where you stand.
i have no idea who smiley is but this is truth

JeezImSoBored

Smash Apprentice
SHOUTOUTS TO KOOPATROOPA895 FOR MAKING IT OUT OF POOLS
KEEP IT UP MAN, UR BUDDY'S MAD PROUD <3

Shoutouts to Captain Fabulous and Zeo for the 1am friendlies
to Sosa for a close set and making me super salty/nervous

to Smish (for wearing the same white shirt every time and JumboJesus for showing up to everything)
to Crimson for playing falco and inspiring me to play him in friendlies
to Project M for giving me a fun & fresh experience
to MacD and Bam for hosting this tournament, I really liked the chillax atmosphere
to Ken for being unpredictable/un-readable and showing up out of no where
to SFS & Green Ranger for being super chill

Last edited:

SacaSuMoto

Smash Journeyman
Good tournament! Big Shoutouts to MacD for running this tourney.

Shoutouts to:
RCizzlefoshizzle
Squidygonzales
KikoTheUglygirl69
NMWaNoob
Arookietanooki
L (can't think of anything)

For making me realize what my biggest weak points are.

To get better:
First.
I need to solidify me being able to have control over my character to do anything.
Second.
I need to not lose that ability during high stakes sets
Third.
I need to have the mental self-control
to not always be instinctively acting. (I.e. I like jumping a lot) Just because when I do this, I feel like I can only imagine things working out if the opponent does exactly what I think they are going to do. But when things don't go my way, I get bodied.
Fourth.
When I start to not act completely on instinct, to take more time to analyze possible outcomes. Wait out situations and then choose an action accordingly.

Practice practice practice.

Fullshoutoutsl8r. I'm on the train back to SB.

I want to let world know that I got ass violated, no lube or spit, by ROFL, in pools.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Thanks to Miwi for being my doubles partner at the last minute. Wooo last place!

D

Deleted member

norcal: it was fun chilling with u ppl at tafos, all of you people there are homeys. Thank u for taking time out of ur weekend to come to socal. Much appreciated

zac im sorry for ****ting the bed in teams

Twinkles

Smash Lord
hi guys, this is zeo

shoutouts to gnt and gpt/gdp, the homies i ate with at lunch. both y'all are definitely among the chillest to chill with

shoutouts to honorable dojo, experienced pm guy who was really friendly and welcoming overall. i'm sorry for playing super lame to win only to just forfeit after pools, but i will say our set was tense and i've never been happier to see someone SD in front of me lol

shoutouts to NMW for knocking me into 4th seed. ******* </3

shoutouts to all the people i talked to at the tournament/played friendlies with. older players/newer players/good/bad, it's just awesome seeing so many different people joined together for one great experience.

joejoe, i felt bad playing your fox, because beating on the sick and defenceless is not an honorable pastime :o
hope you'll feel better dude (same thing goes to westBALLZ, except i didn't talk to him much this time)

DENNY'S RUN (4 in the morning ULTIMATE SKILLET)

-Connor: We didn't talk too much, but you seem like a pretty nice guy. hope to see you around at other tournaments.

-Fly: Very fun person to talk too, though I wish I could've followed your math conversation with TCB better. I have 4-in-the-morning johns, but I still feel a little bad because it feels like I missed out on interesting stuff. zzz

-MACD + BAM: Great job running on this tournament series. First is always a little rough, but Saturday tournaments are much more forgivable than Sundays for obvious reasons. Fantastic venue and I thought the setups were done well enough for me to get a sick amount of friendlies in (or maybe that's just why it ran so slow!). Also, good fun smashing/hanging with you BAM, and good **** in your tournament run.

-TCB: The HOMIE. Drives me time and time again to fantastic socal locals and back at ungodly hours of the night, but doesn't even ask for gas $$$. Also great conversation partner. I've expressed my gratitude on multiple occasions, but honestly words just don't do it justice. If you need anything from me dude, I got your back.

overall: even as i'm getting better at the game, i have to learn to get better at not sucking **** in tournament lol

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
To get better:
First.
I need to solidify me being able to have control over my character to do anything.
Second.
I need to not lose that ability during high stakes sets
Third.
I need to have the mental self-control
to not always be instinctively acting. (I.e. I like jumping a lot) Just because when I do this, I feel like I can only imagine things working out if the opponent does exactly what I think they are going to do. But when things don't go my way, I get bodied.
Fourth.
When I start to not act completely on instinct, to take more time to analyze possible outcomes. Wait out situations and then choose an action accordingly.

Practice practice practice.
it's good that you're engaged in the self-improvement process

i don't like to say much to people nowadays because i feel that process is individual

i cannot resist chipping in with this, however:

specifics >>>>> generalities

"99% practice, 1% theory"

would <3 to team with you some time ^.^

Deviljho

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... I think Aero is a Toon Link main, though I played him in pools and he was fox... And I'm fairly certain The Depths (Who was also in my pool) is a Marth main. Disqo I saw playing Diddy a ton, I'm pretty sure. 3 years played Rob and Samus from what I watched. Fiction was playing Wario from what I saw as well. (3years and fiction played against each other, that's one of the reasons I remember). Uhh... Yup that's all I got for ya. Hope it helps. If anyone can confirm or deny what I said, please do so. I could also ask on Facebook, if that'd help.

nublet06

Smash Lord
shoutouts to MacDizzle for hosting this and finding this great venue that i have a feeling i will be attending again in the future,

shoutouts to vahag/practice man/ action man for making me sweat bullets in our pools matches haha you have gotten so much better and you are the nicest person at every tournament. you for sure know the matchup well.

shoutouts to Tafo for teaming with me.....i have more and more fun every time. i really like our team :)

shoutouts to hyrpid for another scary ass pools set. that was intense. you improved in the matchup by a billion since last time we played.

shoutouts to the crimson blur for making socal what it is today. im sure he probably drove 8 people to this tournament and went way out of his way like usual. the keystone in the socal melee arch.

shoutouts to boback for driving people down to socal to beat me in tournament.

shoutouts to joey for defending our honor.

shoutouts to KFC.....i have not tasted your delicious chicken in a few years and thankfully you are in walking distance to this venue.

MeechMan3000

Smash Rookie
Not sure if this is too late but.. I'm Meech (13th place in PM singles). Just wanted to let you know I main Marth and CF, if you wanted to add the little stock icons next to my name.

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts to Saca for eating the sickest double knee of my life. I hope losing to that left some trauma.

-NMW

Top Bottom