• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mayflash not detecting controller

Undead Leisure

Smash Rookie
so i have two gc controllers and the first one worked for a long time but the sticks have all become loose to the point i cant play anything with it so im trying to use my secon d one because all it's sticks are perfect but the adapter isnt picking it up at all. It detects the first one no problem but when i plus the second controller into the same port its as if it's not connected at all. I go into melee and i cant skip the opening cutscene, move the analog, press any buttons, nothing. I have no clue what to do and how to fix this. Again i tried the first controller and the buttons all work fine but as i said the c stick and analog are too loose to be able to play reliably. Im using dolphin 5.0, zadig 2.3, and adapter is in wii u mode. Any help is greatly appreciated. If you need anymore information just respond and i'll tell you.

Mr_towel_Man

Smash Apprentice
Maybe try the adapter in computer mode. Also, try putting Dolphin in the GC for WIIU mode and if that doesn't work try configuring it in standard controller mode.

ChibiRoboMan

Smash Rookie
so i have two gc controllers and the first one worked for a long time but the sticks have all become loose to the point i cant play anything with it so im trying to use my secon d one because all it's sticks are perfect but the adapter isnt picking it up at all. It detects the first one no problem but when i plus the second controller into the same port its as if it's not connected at all. I go into melee and i cant skip the opening cutscene, move the analog, press any buttons, nothing. I have no clue what to do and how to fix this. Again i tried the first controller and the buttons all work fine but as i said the c stick and analog are too loose to be able to play reliably. Im using dolphin 5.0, zadig 2.3, and adapter is in wii u mode. Any help is greatly appreciated. If you need anymore information just respond and i'll tell you.
Make sure it's set to Wii U mode (weird, I know. Dolphin requires this to detect the adapter for native input.) completely close dolphin. then go to the dolphin wiki and install a program called Zadig. Open this program, activate the ability within the program to view all the devices, then click the dropdown, select "WUP-028" or something like that (IT STARTS WITH WUP SO HIT THAT ONE). Hit replace driver or whatever. Then once it completes, restart your compluter.

Then open dolphin once your computer reboots. Go to Gamecube inputs, select GC WII U adapter for all inputs (only P1 and P2 if you're using the main USB only. If you're using both, activate all four ports.

Then it should work.

Undead Leisure

Smash Rookie
Make sure it's set to Wii U mode (weird, I know. Dolphin requires this to detect the adapter for native input.) completely close dolphin. then go to the dolphin wiki and install a program called Zadig. Open this program, activate the ability within the program to view all the devices, then click the dropdown, select "WUP-028" or something like that (IT STARTS WITH WUP SO HIT THAT ONE). Hit replace driver or whatever. Then once it completes, restart your compluter.

Then open dolphin once your computer reboots. Go to Gamecube inputs, select GC WII U adapter for all inputs (only P1 and P2 if you're using the main USB only. If you're using both, activate all four ports.

Then it should work.
Sadly this didnt work. Im sure its just the controller itself as i did buy it off some 3rd party seller on amazon and it didnt come in professional packaging it was just in some plastic bag so i think im just going to buy a new pair that are sold by actual trusted sellers but thank you a lot for the help

Last edited:

Pauer

The Pauerful
Sadly this didnt work. Im sure its just the controller itself as i did buy it off some 3rd party seller on amazon and it didnt come in professional packaging it was just in some plastic bag so i think im just going to buy a new pair that are sold by actual trusted sellers but thank you a lot for the help
Does the controller have the Nintendo logo on it?

Top Bottom