• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mayflash 4 Gamecube Adapter Available

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
This is a good tip, but you should not post it to the community at all unless you've tested it. You have a lot of pull in the smash community. You shouldn't post crap products(no idea if this is actually a crap product or not), because people trust you and assume that if you are posting this than it probably is good.
Mayfield adapters are a well known brand within the Smash community because they were the only ones with a good GC-to-USB adapter before Smash 4 even existed.

The Mayfield single-usb 2-GC port adapter was the de facto adapter for Netplay with Project M and Melee for a long time now, with little to no complaints or negative non-recommendations.

So while yes, it is a 3rd party adapter, it's not as if the company has ZERO positive reputation.

So within the community, it's not unreasonable to post an article about a new Mayfield GC-to-USB product without having to personally test it, because it's an established brand within the community.

Last edited:

Mechageo

Smash Ace
This is a good tip, but you should not post it to the community at all unless you've tested it. You have a lot of pull in the smash community. You shouldn't post crap products(no idea if this is actually a crap product or not), because people trust you and assume that if you are posting this than it probably is good.
News does not equal an endorsement.

Samuch

Smash Cadet
News does not equal an endorsement.
You're right, but unfortunately not everyone thinks that. A lot of people see smashboards post it, and think something like "Why would they post it if it was crap? Sign me up!"

JipC

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone else noticed how much more active resellers got since this was put up for purchase? Loooool

SMauler9

Smash Rookie
This ****ING THING can't ship to Australia?

I am about to end myself.

*EDIT* The alt. link does, nvm.

Last edited:

Cthulhu_MD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LordGouda
3DS FC
3179-6069-0553
I bought one... I caved! Haha... now I'll have to wait for it to come. Hopefully it's good.

Mr Waga Flaga

Smash Rookie
The longer you guys wait to buy this, the more expensive it will get. I bought this at $17.90 when they had the 37 in stock and now its up to $29.90 in just a few days.

Rajikaru

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone else noticed how much more active resellers got since this was put up for purchase? Loooool
Gotta make a quick buck off the 5 other Adapters they got, only a matter of time before this happened though (same thing would've happened if/when Nintendo themselves restocked their adapters). Eventually they'll be worth just as much or even less than the new ones.

Also, with over 530 adapters sold by Mayflash, it's safe to assume that Nintendo dun ****ed up. Mayflash has made over $1,000, assuming every adapter sold at $20 (which is being generous as most are still selling at $30), and they'll only make more until Nintendo stocks back up.

Last edited:

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
Huh, looks like ordering this almost as soon as these came up was a smart idea, got the 19.90 price from that aliexpress site.

Losnar

Smash Journeyman
Price went up 50% in one day and I'm not surprised. Glad I bought it at 20$. Resellers can suck it.

♥ egg ♥

Smash Rookie
NNID
breakfasts
3DS FC
3411-3142-1567
as much as i wanted it before when it was 19.90, i'll just pass on it now. in the end, i think it'll be worth the wait to get an official adapter.

Last edited:

marbleplanets

Smash Rookie
I'd just like to chime in and say if anyone is considering buying an official Nintendo adapter on Amazon, they're availabe on Ebay for generally cheaper prices.

Rajikaru

Smash Journeyman
I'd just like to chime in and say if anyone is considering buying an official Nintendo adapter on Amazon, they're availabe on Ebay for generally cheaper prices.
The cheapest I've seen is floating around $65 dollars, three times as much as official GC adapters and more than twice as much as the Mayflash Adapters even now.

minilabs

Smash Rookie
This has been a legit concern of mine because I'd like to know just exactly where are we drawing the line when it comes to official Nintendo Products and 3rd party solutions.

Do I get the 3rd Party Gamecube controllers with the Official adapter?

Do I get the Official Gamecube controllers with the 3rd Party Adapter?

Who knows.

JipC

Smash Journeyman
Lol what
The cheapest adapter on ebay is this mayflash one and I seriously hope you aren't talking about the single-controller ones that plug into wiimotes

Small Waves

Smash Cadet
They're also wireless, so who cares? With everyone becoming comfortable other controllers, I thought the reason why this would be coveted is so we WOULDN'T have to play with wireless input lag.

Still not buying either since the Mayflash four port is AT BEST an embarrassingly slow week and a half wait at a price barely any better than the scalpers on eBay/Amazon, with the free shipping being so slow that Nintendo may very well release a new shipment while you're still waiting for it to come in the mail sometime in mid/late February.

Why they didn't make a real with playasia to stock it alongside their other third party peripherals I will never understand. At least throwing down $25 would get it overseas in half the time their processing time that's set in stone regardless of how much you throw down for shipping (hahahahaha five days). Couple that along with AliExpress's notoriously bad reputation (no refund on items that don't arrive, damaged/counterfeit goods, fake warranties, nonexistent quality control and checks on sellers, etc.), and you can count me out.
I WOULD LIKE TO PRETEND I INFLUENCED THIS SOMEHOW PLEASE LET ME BE DELUSIONAL

Last edited:

minilabs

Smash Rookie
What I would like to know (I kinda find it disturbing that no one has bought this up) is why didn't Nintendo save the money on manufacturing and just make a native wireless GameCube controller that works with the Wii U?

I have to imagine that the GameCube controller must cost next to nothing for Nintendo to manufacture seeing as its 13 years old and the sensors needed to connect a wireless GameCube controller to a Wii U must be pennies on the dollar as far as assembly lines are concerned.

I don't see why are we scavenging for a wired dongle in the midst of 2015 to plug in to a Console that already has wireless capabilities to play ONE single game lol. This baffles me.

marbleplanets

Smash Rookie
Again, I'm talking about the adapters made by NINTENDO, not any adapter in general. Just trying to give a heads up that if someone is considering paying the $80 or so for the Nintendo adapter on amazon that everyone is trying to find at a more reasonable price you can get the same one for less than $80 on ebay. Personally, I'm willing the buy the ****** if I find it around $50.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00L3LQ1FI/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1420669499&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX200_QL40

Last edited:

Rajikaru

Smash Journeyman
What I would like to know (I kinda find it disturbing that no one has bought this up) is why didn't Nintendo save the money on manufacturing and just make a native wireless GameCube controller that works with the Wii U?

I have to imagine that the GameCube controller must cost next to nothing for Nintendo to manufacture seeing as its 13 years old and the sensors needed to connect a wireless GameCube controller to a Wii U must be pennies on the dollar as far as assembly lines are concerned.

I don't see why are we scavenging for a wired dongle in the midst of 2015 to plug in to a Console that already has wireless capabilities to play ONE single game lol. This baffles me.
Probably because it wouldn't be as profitable currently, as Sm4sh is the only game they work for, and no native support was planned before Sm4sh for the controllers. They'd have to program the games to be compatible with the controller, which is easier said than done.

Stop being dramatic.

CrimsonGaiaofficial

Smash Rookie
NNID
Pyromaster2981
This is gonna be great for me, as me and my friends have a 'Smash Fest' every other friday. Now we'll be able to play 8 player smash on my wii u and emulate tons of other games. Also, from what I can tell, previous Mayflash products have been pretty solid (though I don't speak from experience), and I'd be willing to pay $40 for PC compatibility as well, and at half that price it's a no-brainer in my opinion.

Vinzan

Smash Cadet
Barranquilla, Colombia (Now living in Bucaramanga)
NNID
Reztrepo
I´ve purchased Mayflash´s Wireless Wii U Controller adapter for PC and PS3, and I can guarantee that Mayflash´s products have an amazing quiality. If you don´t mind having something that´s not official you should buy it (I can see this being used in tons of tournaments)

Rajikaru

Smash Journeyman
Actually with the official adapter you can also
Yeah, but the mayflash adapters have the upper hand, as they usually either come with the drivers or they're easy to locate (usually just on the site) if they're out of date. Plus Dolphin and such have native support, and I'm not sure if it does for the Wii U ones yet.

Losnar

Smash Journeyman
It arrived! Only 8 days after I ordered it with normal free shipping. Works fine so far. Mayflash is awesome and they're going to make a killing!

Codster

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5343-8930-0055
I ordered mine moments after I found this thread on January 5th and it's not here yet. I can't wait to get it!!!

Losnar

Smash Journeyman
weird, you ordered before me i'm surprised you don't have it yet. i love how the overpriced ebay sales have pretty much ended, i hope those jerks get stuck with dozens of extra adapters.

Codster

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5343-8930-0055
I got it! I got it! I got it! I finally got it! And it worked great with my first-party white Gamecube controller. I can't wait to try it with my 20+ others.

Last edited:
Top Bottom