• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Maybe New Tech

meepic10

Smash Rookie
NNID
Meep102
Hello, Comades, I think I found a new tech for Kirby. I'm pretty sure this could be used for a couple mixups and for some cool d-air combos. This tech is called Suplex Tumble (I really tried on that name). To preform this tech you must: F-Throw and then spam jump afterwards. Upon the footstool you can fastfall d-air, try for a cool jab-lock, or something else of your choosing!

With this tech comes an even COOLER spreadsheet on who it works on, and at what percents!

Suplex Tumble Spreadsheet

And thanks to Pixel_ for creating a very nice looking demonstration!

Feel free to contact me if you find that the percents could be increased or decreased, even though I think they are accurate as is!

Thank you, and I hope this will help the Kirby meta-game evolve!

Last edited:

Noey

Smash Rookie
Ohhhhh! Seems rather interesting! :D
Can't wait to lab this...thanks for helping in developing the meta! -applause-

TimG57867

Smash Ace
I always wondered if you could footstool out of F-Throw. Think you can get a video of this in action?

Pixel_

Smash Ace
I has a capture card

Decided to try out Utilt > footstool because it works pretty well too.

Description:
Fthrow to footstool works really well on super heavyweights, but for most other characters it only works during specific percents. Also, trying it on Mario, I had to jump twice to get the footstool at 50%, so it looks a bit unreliable.

Meanwhile, Utilt to footstool only works at low percents (0-20?) but it works against Mario more consistently. At higher percents DI makes it hard to footstool, but at 15-20% you can do a Dair instead of a Down B.

I haven't tested it as much as I could've (only tested on DK and Mario), and it looks like Uair can also lead to a footstool, but it's hard to test Uair when I'm doing this by myself.

Last edited:

meepic10

Smash Rookie
NNID
Meep102
I has a capture card

Decided to try out Utilt > footstool because it works pretty well too.

Description:
Fthrow to footstool works really well on super heavyweights, but for most other characters it only works during specific percents. Also, trying it on Mario, I had to jump twice to get the footstool at 50%, so it looks a bit unreliable.

Meanwhile, Utilt to footstool only works at low percents (0-20?) but it works against Mario more consistently. At higher percents DI makes it hard to footstool, but at 15-20% you can do a Dair instead of a Down B.

I haven't tested it as much as I could've (only tested on DK and Mario), and it looks like Uair can also lead to a footstool, but it's hard to test Uair when I'm doing this by myself.
Gah! You beat me to it! For those who still care - Suplex Tumble Demonstration:

Last edited:

Probalo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mattoswine
3DS FC
4356-0295-3822
Switch FC
SW 5442-3764-0807
Nice find man, gonna start labbing this tech

Probalo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mattoswine
3DS FC
4356-0295-3822
Switch FC
SW 5442-3764-0807
So about the characters with no percentage available on the spreadsheet, does that mean they just haven't been found yet? Or can I not perform the combo/tech on them? I tried it on a couple N/A characters at different percentages, but couldn't pull it off.

meepic10

Smash Rookie
NNID
Meep102
So about the characters with no percentage available on the spreadsheet, does that mean they just haven't been found yet? Or can I not perform the combo/tech on them? I tried it on a couple N/A characters at different percentages, but couldn't pull it off.
No it means that it doesn't work on them at all. You can try very specific percents but we couldn't find any that worked.

TimG57867

Smash Ace
Wow this is all interesting. I can see this coming into most use against heavies who will be easy to footstool like :4dk: and :4charizard:. Can this footstool trick potentially lead to an Inhale, or will the D-Air knock them out of lock?

meepic10

Smash Rookie
NNID
Meep102
Not too sure! I hope you can find out, sadly I'm without my 3ds and can't really test anything ;~;

T1MMY

Smash Apprentice
Wait, how is this new?
I thought I saw this in the thread dedicated to lock set-ups?
I used to F-throw to Footstool and then combo into Stone from the Foostool. Apparently 'footstool DI' can ruin the combo though, because Stone takes too long to start up. :\

meepic10

Smash Rookie
NNID
Meep102
Wait, how is this new?
I thought I saw this in the thread dedicated to lock set-ups?
I used to F-throw to Footstool and then combo into Stone from the Foostool. Apparently 'footstool DI' can ruin the combo though, because Stone takes too long to start up. :\
I doubt it is new. I just saw it in a match I was apart of and thought it was. Sorry for making a big deal out of it.

Top Bottom