• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Maybe found more consistant U-throw to Uair method

S-bow64

Smash Cadet
Hello I'm Bow64, a Bowser main from France. I may be new here but I've actually been lurking around this board for a very long time now and I felt compelled to post today as I may have found a way to land the U-throw / Uair combo more consistantly.

So earlier I was messing around against some CPU because I didn't play the game for a few weeks and thought I could try that reverse Fair to Bair combo one of the user here found ( props to him by the way as it's really fancy and useful ) since I have a tournament this week-end.

I didn't have much chance with it and missed the direction a lot of the time but then found out something after the U-throw : Every time I jump toward Bowser's direction then jumping backward while inputing the Uair, I could land it every single time no matter the DI may it be straight or away.

I don't know if I explained it well, it's like Bowser sweep his head on very large angle and it seems the active frame from the Uair is not as short as I thought it was. I believe it leave a little more time for your opponent to air dodge this way but it's seems so consistant, it may be because I don't use the U-throw all that much to begin with.

That's why I decided to post here, I wanted to know if some of you could try it out to see if it work.

To sum it up : U-throw -> Full hop forward -> Double jump backward + Uair.
You really need to gain full distance on the first jump and to input the Uair right after the double jump while going all the way back.

Thank you for reading all this, I'm glad I got to be a member of this board. I'll be waiting for your feedback.

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
Quick test w/ p2 Ryu 100%, fresh, no rage, positive results. Switched between tap jump w/ and w/o Tilt stick, as well as tap jump off. Will need more people to report in. So far so good. I asked the Discord if anyone with more time could continue checking.

Yea, people often forget the overhead range is comparable to the upper reach of our FAir disjoint, but with a little more range diagonally up and away. It seems that diagonal disjoint + 5 active frames + overhead arc is what helps it hit all DI options on jump back. Move active on frame 9-13, head intangibility frame 3-13. Will want testing for the upper ends of the kill % window to see if you can still reach all options during jump back.

Last edited:

bushaheen

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hamager
thats quite neat and is very useful for people who play online and have trouble reacting to DI however if you play offline its very easy to react to DI so i guess its only useful to people who play online or who are too lazy to react to DI in offline so i dont think ill use it personally but its still a good discovery

Top Bottom