• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

May Distant Dreams Become Reality! - Official Sony Rep Support Thread

Would you want a Sony character to become playable in the SSB series?

• Yes

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Yes, but not for Ultimate

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Maybe. Depends on who gets picked

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Not now/not for Ultimate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Ok guys, so we know this isn't very likely at all. It's more like downright improbable right now. Sony most likely will be the most difficult company to get anything from, and that's assuming Nintendo would even bother to go to them for a character. With all that said, there are quite a few characters I'd like to see from Sony get into Smash and should this happen one day it would be by far the biggest deal in the history of the series, and as long as we support and speculate responsibly talking about the characters we love and want in Smash can never be a bad thing.

I think that if any Sony reps ever joined the series that Nathan Drake and Kratos would be the most likely at this moment in time. Nathan Drake feels like the Sony mascot and comes from one of the more iconic franchises they've produced. The only thing working against him is that it's possible that he or the Uncharted franchise as a whole have been retired, which is why I think Kratos would be another big contender assuming this scenario would ever happen. God of War just had a new game in the series that sold over 10 million copies. If Drake and Uncharted are truly done and Sony would want to go with a character who is more fresh on gamers minds Kratos could be the play

As a finally note, I just want to say that just because something is unlikely doesn't mean that it's impossible. During Smash Ultimate's life cycle we've already seen multiple characters who seemed impossible become possible. Ridley was no longer too big. King K Rool was no longer too irrelevant. Banjo was snatched up because Nintendo and Microsoft worked together. Imagine how wild that sounds back in the days of Smash 4. I'm not saying any of this to try and create false hope, because that would be a crappy thing to do, but we're seeing rules or characters that seemingly had no chance of ever becoming realistic all of a sudden happen. Now, obviously the issues between Sony and Nintendo run deep and cause a lot more issues than just size or relevance and as far as I know there is a long, long ways to go before something like this would ever happen. I also personally believe that with entertainment and most things in general, if there is money to be made then the door is always open. Even if the door is only open to the smallest degree possible because your brother just pushed it and it kinda just got it caught on the frame, that's still not a completely closed door. Even if that's where the door is at, I don't see a problem with someday hoping that door opens again. A lot of Sony games, especially Uncharted, helped me get through some really awful times in my life and made things suck less for just a few hours, and so therefore I will always hold out a little tiny scrap of hope that someday something like this will happen. Overall, this feels like the biggest barrier to break by a large margin for all sides, but if it ever would the pay off would be unimaginable for all involved, us included.

Time to turn it over to you guys. Who else would you guys like to see come to Smash from Sony?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Not gonna happen, but I'd love to see Drake or Kratos join the fray. I'm partial to Drake as I'd love to see him quipping it up against the Smash cast and I'd love to see the atage that he brings (how does Sakurai top Stowaways?) and especially hear the main theme play during fights and such. But Kratos definitely lends himself to a more out-there moveset and I would be perfectly okay with him.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Honestly, I would want Ratchet & Clank or Sly Cooper as my Sony rep. I love those series, so that sounds awesome.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
If I could get any character, crazy or not?
Kyoya Suda from Forbidden Siren
Anyone who hasn't played the game would be confused twice in a row: first by why some random, scrawny, nobody made it in the first place, and then by why said random, scrawny, nobody is such a freaking badass.

Ellen from Folklore could be neat too, but that's probably even less likely than seeing something from Siren (if that's even possible).

Next on my list is Sir Daniel Fortesque from MediEvil, but I... don't think that's happening either. Slightly more realistic than the above, but that means nothing.

My top choice for a character that actually has some notoriety and a chance at least in the single digits percentage-wise would be Parappa from Parappa the Rapper. I'd actually prefer Lammy, but if it were either of them, there's zero chance it wouldn't be Parappa. And on the complete edge of insanity, I'd also be down with Vibri from Vib Ribbon.

Also open to some Wild Arms.

But wants aside, it would be Kratos in the end, and that's just kind of... dull.
Or Kuro/Toro (since those are Sony's go-to for crossovers) if they really wanted to be jerks.

Last edited:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
My top choice for a character that actually has some notoriety and a chance at least in the single digits percentage-wise would be Parappa from Parappa the Rapper. I'd actually prefer Lammy, but if it were either of them, there's zero chance it wouldn't be Parappa.
This, pretty much. Having both PaRappa and Lammy would be my dream come true, but unless the Smash Team intends on making the second Fighter's Pass include two characters from a series in one Fighter Pack, it's not going to happen.

It's a shame too, the two of them would have really cool alts—PaRappa could have alts based off the unlockable hats in PTR2 as well as his spacesuit outfit, his pajamas from PTR1, and prom king outfit from the anime. Lammy could have Rammy as an alt/Echo, Lammy on Stage as another, her Stage 6 censored costume, her spacesuit outfit, her hippie outfit from when she gets electrocuted in UJL, and some simple recolors based off Katy Kat and Ma-San and some teachers like Teriyaki Yoko.

PaRappa could have a stage that's either the Stage 6 stage from PTR1 or Stage 8 stage from PTR2. As for Lammy, I imagine having a stage that would switch between all the 7 stages in UJL would do her well.

And don't even get me started on the music—King of Fighters got 50 songs, so I imagine including all 21 songs (including PaRappa's rap variations in UJL and cool mode/instrumental variations) of a music based series wouldn't be too much to ask for.

Sigman

Smash Cadet
Vergeben deconfirmed many characters/companies/video game developers for Challenger Pack 5 but not all of them such as HAL Laboratory, Intelligent Systems, Monolith Soft, Valhalla Game Studios, CyberConnect2, Sony, SNK, Atlus, APE, etc.
I have stated that Sony has a history of working with Nintendo:
We do? Has Sakurai specifically said something negative about Sony?
Sakurai plays games on Sony owned platforms.

Sony has a history working with Nintendo and other companies.
Sony allowed Master Chief to appear on Sony owned platforms. Sony worked with Microsoft for their network infrastructure. Sony worked with Nintendo and Microsoft against Trump. Sony published games on the SNES, Game Boy Color, and the Nintendo Switch. They support Cross Platform games like Phantasy Star Online 2 released for the Nintendo Switch, which said game has characters they own like Kat and Raven from Gravity Rush in it.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/halos-master-chief-now-on-nintendo-switch-thanks-t/1100-6456435/
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...r-chief-skins-appear-in-minecraft-switch.aspx
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q*bert
https://www.gravityrushcentral.com/2017/08/20/overview-gravity-rushs-crossovers-game-franchises/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_that_support_cross-platform_play
https://www.destructoid.com/master-...ole-via-official-minecraft-skins-462079.phtml
https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/17/16488326/sony-nintendo-switch-game-tiny-metal-unties-label
https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/20/18632374/microsoft-sony-cloud-gaming-partnership-amazon-google
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...p-withdraw-china-tariffs-joint-letter-1221108
https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/0...letter-discouraging-trump-administration-from
https://mynintendonews.com/2017/01/08/a-look-at-sakurais-incredible-game-collection/

Sony and Nintendo CEO's own third-party consoles.

They came together in the same room at the Game Awards without them throttling the other.
Third-parties are allegedly "easy to work with" according to Masahiro Sakurai:
https://www.sourcegaming.info/2016/02/23/nintendo-dream-interview-with-sakurai-part-2/

Has something happened between Sony and Sakurai?
Sony participated in a Super Smash Bros tournament
And manufactured the Xenoblade X soundtrack
https://www.discogs.com/Hiroyuki-Sawano-Xenoblade-X-Original-Soundtrack/release/9719740
https://www.famitsu.com/news/201911/18186832.html
https://www.gonintendo.com/stories/...is-claiming-xenoblade-chronicles-x-soundtrack
Discounting Sony is discounting Microsoft
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/8kbsx6/this_is_why_banjokazooie_wont_be_in_the_nintendo/

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
I would love to see Sly Cooper or Sackboy in Smash. Kind of sad they are both unlikely

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Sly... has a chance...? Sly... freaking Cooper... could get in Smash? Pinch me, this has gotta be a dream.

Like, even a Mii Swordfighter costume would be awesome. Let alone the real deal.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I thought there already was a Playstation general thread?

Anyways my heart and soul goes to Kratos. He's a pipe dream pick of mine that I never thought would happen.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
This may be the timeline in which we live. If it is a Sony rep, I would say Katt from Gravity Rush, but I would prefer Jak and Daxter.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
If the Verge snap is to be believed, then a Sony character is likely right now.

My personal pick would be Aloy. While she's a newer character compared to someone like Kratos or Sackboy, having an archer would make for a more unique character.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I am now imagining Kratos fighting Palutena in the trailer.

I'd kinda prefer Ratchet and Clank because I love those guys, but I've got to be real about who the Sony mascot is.

Cruelcumber

Smash Cadet
I can't say that I ever imagined things would get this narrowed-down for Smash characters for someone from Sony would be a reasonable option. After looking through a lot of Sony's IPs, I think Kratos would be the most likely. Now I just wonder if he would be portrayed using more of his classic design, or something more modern with his newer design instead.

Last edited:

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
Can someone give me a short-list of potential Sony reps whose rights aren't tied up in any of the companies that just got eliminated? I was thinking Spyro, but then I remembered... Activision.

Kratos does very close to nothing for me, I'll admit. And he's got the same problem for me as Mortal Kombat, where if you take away all the gore, he loses about half his identity.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I can't say that I ever imagined things would get this narrowed-down for Smash characters and someone from Sony would be a reasonable option. After looking through a lot of Sony's IPs, I think Kratos would be the most likely. Now I just wonder if he would be portrayed using more of his classic design, or something more modern with his newer design instead.
I think the modern design of Kratos would be the default while the classic design would be one of the alts.

Voe

Smash Journeyman
My pick for a Sony rep, or characters majority associated with them would have to be Jak & Daxter (Jak 2 design with Jak 3's upgraded weapons when meter is full, Dark Jak as an alt and FS) as my top pick, followed by Parappa the Rapper, Drake, Lara Croft, or Sly.

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
I'd love to see a Sony character in! My absolute favorite would be Raven from Gravity Rush. They'd probably choose Kat though.

I'd also be fine with Kratos or Sackboy. Not really interested in anyone else.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Can someone give me a short-list of potential Sony reps whose rights aren't tied up in any of the companies that just got eliminated? I was thinking Spyro, but then I remembered... Activision.

Kratos does very close to nothing for me, I'll admit. And he's got the same problem for me as Mortal Kombat, where if you take away all the gore, he loses about half his identity.
Of the top of my head, Kratos, Katt, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, Sackboy, Sir Daniel, the Clown from PSABR, the girl from Hrorizon Zero Dawn, and probably others.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Huh, was wondering why this thread suddenly got more active. Verge's killing spree makes Sony actually seem possible now. If we'd get a rep I still think Kratos is the favorite with Nathan Drake a bit behind, but there's a lot of names who it still could be. Would love to see the barrier get broken for DLC 5

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Someone hasn't played the new God of War game :rolleyes:

But seriously even in the classic games the gore wasn't the main focus of Kratos' character, it was his blind rage and revenge which also led to his downfall. Kratos realized at the very end of his path that his revenge meant nothing and he couldn't save those he loved. It's a classic tragedy which was further explored in the new game.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
Someone hasn't played the new God of War game :rolleyes:

But seriously even in the classic games the gore wasn't the main focus of Kratos' character, it was his blind rage and revenge which also led to his downfall. Kratos realized at the very end of his path that his revenge meant nothing and he couldn't save those he loved. It's a classic tragedy which was further explored in the new game.
You would be correct, alas, I don't have a PS4.

But I more meant in terms of style, rather than actual character - I think that most of the actual impact of his core fighting style comes from the gore and dismemberment. I feel like I'd have to actually see the way they're rendered by the Smash team to actually feel otherwise.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
You would be correct, alas, I don't have a PS4.

But I more meant in terms of style, rather than actual character - I think that most of the actual impact of his core fighting style comes from the gore and dismemberment. I feel like I'd have to actually see the way they're rendered by the Smash team to actually feel otherwise.
I think Ridley shows pretty well that you can have a character feel brutal without gore and dismemberment, so I think Kratos would be fine in that regard.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
I think Ridley shows pretty well that you can have a character feel brutal without gore and dismemberment, so I think Kratos would be fine in that regard.
True enough. I guess it's just something I have to see first to really get behind; I'm sure as soon as they showed off gameplay I'd "get" it a little bit more.

D

Deleted member

The one I want most is Sly Cooper but if Kratos, Rachet and Clank, or Nathan Drake got in I'm down.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129

others may want to add more but the ones that seem to have stayed enough in the public conscious are:

Parappa - arguably the original mascot of playstation, although he was quickly surpassed by Crash
Sir Daniel Fortesque - remake aside he is perhaps the best remembered of the 1st party PS1 platformers, and he is suddenly relevant again
Spike - Ape Escape is a pretty sizable franchise, and certainly outlasted the other PS1 games
Arc the Lad - not very popular here, but he was a bit of a mascot in Japan and should be included in discussion

Kratos - obviously, and imo the most likely in the case of a Sony rep
Ratchet and Clank - the most enduring of the PS2 platforming trio, and the best only one likely to continue getting games, or to ever get a film
Jak and Daxter - probably the most lauded at the time, though it didn't exactly endure
Sly Cooper - the third one, but it's also very good, better than jak 2+, and has managed some enduring fans[
Ico or Wander - Ico is more memorable as a character, but Shadow of the Colossus is the more memorable game, but both somewhat important.

Nathan Drake - kinda the face of the PS3, and much of their direction since
Sackboy - the other PS3 character who has a real following
Ellie - This would be a weird choice given her vastly different ages between games, but she's an important part of their modern image

Aloy - A newer face, and one with an easier to make moveset given she'd probably crib from Link a lot
Hunter - I personally don't see why they'd pick Bloodborne over Darksouls, but he exists

Kat and Dusty - really the only portable characters to stay in the public consciousness bar loco roco, and he's just a ball

There are a few others some people might recognise like Sweet Tooth, or Radec, but I personally don't think they really have the impact needed to compete with any of the characters above.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
others may want to add more but the ones that seem to have stayed enough in the public conscious are:

Parappa - arguably the original mascot of playstation, although he was quickly surpassed by Crash
Sir Daniel Fortesque - remake aside he is perhaps the best remembered of the 1st party PS1 platformers, and he is suddenly relevant again
Spike - Ape Escape is a pretty sizable franchise, and certainly outlasted the other PS1 games
Arc the Lad - not very popular here, but he was a bit of a mascot in Japan and should be included in discussion

Ratchet and Clank - the most enduring of the PS2 platforming trio, and the best only one likely to continue getting games, or to ever get a film
Jak and Daxter - probably the most lauded at the time, though it didn't exactly endure
Sly Cooper - the third one, but it's also very good, better than jak 2+, and has managed some enduring fans[
Ico or Wander - Ico is more memorable as a character, but Shadow of the Colossus is the more memorable game, but both somewhat important.

Ellie - This would be a weird choice given her vastly different ages between games, but she's an important part of their modern image

Aloy - A newer face, and one with an easier to make moveset given she'd probably crib from Link a lot
Hunter - I personally don't see why they'd pick Bloodborne over Darksouls, but he exists

Kat and Dusty - really the only portable characters to stay in the public consciousness bar loco roco, and he's just a ball

There are a few others some people might recognise like Sweet Tooth, or Radec, but I personally don't think they really have the impact needed to compete with any of the characters above.
Damn can I get a PlayStation All-Stars 2 with that roster?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
A Terry-like trailer with PS1 characters would be cool (even if anybody would be able to tell it's Crash as soon as that startup appears) - through the PS1 was built more on 3rd party support than 1st so they'd probably have to pay a lot of money for the cameos.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I'd LOVE to see some Sony characters in! There's a good handful I'd be ecstatic about but my number 1 picks are Ratchet and Clank. I'd even take it a step further and make them separate, because unlike Banjo & Kazooie, Ratchet as well as Clank can hold their own and function without the other's help. Banjo is canonically useless without Kazooie. That's just me going overboard though, I know they would be paired.

I would also add Cole to the PS3 era. InFamous was a pretty well-liked series of the Superhero Genre.
Damn can I get a PlayStation All-Stars 2 with that roster?
Ugh they could've done SO much with their IPs it's not even funny! They didn't even have to put 3rd Parties from the get-go it's simply insane. Like really, if they did a PSABR 2 or started over, they could:
-Revamp Kratos to fit his modern game.
-Revamp Cole by giving him the best moves of both his versions, leaving him as Good while adding Delsin from 2nd Son as the Evil Karma Conduit.
-Revamp Ratchet, make Clank a separate character.
-Revamp Jak, make Daxter a separate character with a heavy focus on his PSP game for moves.

Like if I could go by series, I'd have:

Parappa the Rapper
-Parappa

Tomba!
-Tomba

MediEvil
-Sir Daniel

InFAMOUS
-Cole (Good)
-Delsin (Evil)
-Fetch (Neutral)
**Referencing the Morality Meter, Cole is canonically Good while Fetch has done Good and Evil deeds, making her Neutral and leaving Delsin with the Evil slot for series balance.

Jak & Daxter
-Jak
-Daxter (heavy inspiration from his sole game)
-Sig or Ashelin (both are staples from Jak 2 onward but I'm sure we don't need both)
**The co-stars plus one of the best warriors in their series.

Ratchet & Clank
-Ratchet
-Clank
-Qwark
-Dr. Nefarious
**The co-stars plus the Idiot Anti-Hero/Villain and Main Antagonist. Most villains get killed by R&C but Nefarious keeps returning.

Uncharted
-Nathan Drake
-Chloe Frazier
**The 2 protagonists of the series. Nadine and Sam could also get slots.

Sly Cooper
-Sly
-Bentley (Wheelchair bound)
-Murray
-Carmelita Fox
**Basically the core Cooper Gang and the most fleshed out characters.

God of War
-Kratos (modern)
-Atreus (AKA "Boy.")
-Zeus
-A Norse God, like the one from the secret ending...
-The REAL Valkyrie Queen, who'll definitely take revenge in GoW5
**The co-stars and their antagonists. Zeus stays because no cuts and the Norse characters represent the new era. Avoided names due to spoilers.

Horizon Zero Dawn
-Aloy
-Sylens
**The driving forces of the series' (yes, a sequel is no doubt coming) plot

Resistance
-Nathan Hale
**Well-liked PS3 era series. Helped with PS3 launch

Killzone
-Col. Radec
**No cuts, he stays.

Little Big Planet
-Sackboy
-Oddsock, Swoop or Toggle (but only one of these 3. I'm picking Oddsock)
**The face of the franchise plus a defining feature of LBP3.

Gravity Rush
-Kat
-Raven
**Protagonists with similar powers. Semi-Clones perhaps?

Starhawk
-Emmett Graves
**No cuts, he stays.

Heavenly Sword
-Nariko
**No cuts, she stays

Twisted Metal
-Sweet Tooth
-[Insert another popular character here]
**Too successful to snub, needs an additional character. Also no cuts, he stays.

Ape Escape
-Spike
-Specter
-Natalie
**Original protagonist, Main Villain, Major Secondary Character.

The Last of Us
-Joel
-Ellie (TLoU Pt 2)
**The protagonists.

Fat Princess
-Fat Princess
**No cuts, she stays.

Together Everywhere!
-Toro
**See above.

That's over 40 and all from Sony; most of them are pretty old now too so if they gave the original more love and care PSABR wouldn't have looked like a bottom barrel scraping mess and blatant cash grab. Most could be Unlockables too, with the following available at the start:

Eliie
Kratos
Aloy
Nathan Drake
Ratchet
Clank
Sackboy
Delsin
Kat
Sir Daniel

These are all characters with a PS4 appearance, so they're at the very least familiar faces.
True enough. I guess it's just something I have to see first to really get behind; I'm sure as soon as they showed off gameplay I'd "get" it a little bit more.
I recommend YouTube and go by a couple vids of God of War 4. It'll click in no time.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Yeah, Delsin is the character I think of when I think of inFamous, so I guess I forgot about Cole... I'd definitely put him last on the PS3 list, but he should probably be there. Don't think he's really smash material though.

Add Arc the Lad, and maybe Dart of LoD and/or a wild arms character (I'm not as familiar with the series) and that's a solid PSABR2 roster though.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I'd LOVE to see some Sony characters in! There's a good handful I'd be ecstatic about but my number 1 picks are Ratchet and Clank. I'd even take it a step further and make them separate, because unlike Banjo & Kazooie, Ratchet as well as Clank can hold their own and function without the other's help. Banjo is canonically useless without Kazooie. That's just me going overboard though, I know they would be paired.

I would also add Cole to the PS3 era. InFamous was a pretty well-liked series of the Superhero Genre.

Ugh they could've done SO much with their IPs it's not even funny! They didn't even have to put 3rd Parties from the get-go it's simply insane. Like really, if they did a PSABR 2 or started over, they could:
Good Roster and your franchise representation is nice (Would add Sully to Uncharted for what you have mentioned) but you add a few more. Team Ico's games especially as the glaring omission. The first two have had great influences on the industry while the third was a great experiment.

Ico/Yorda
Wander
The Boy from The Last Guardian
Don't know how Trico could work but hey.

Quantic Dream rep like Connor from Detroit or Ethan from Heavy Rain - Their games have been funded by PlayStation in the past
Sam from Death Stranding - Game was funded by PlayStation
Bloodborne rep.
That biker guy from Days Gone.

After that, I think it would be perfect.
Then it would be showing the best part of PSABR and expanding upon it. The rivals system.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Oh yeah, Deacon St John would absolutely be in wouldn't he? Days Gone was pretty huge; again not smash material, but I definitely see the series being a big part of their image come PS5, as well as the character from Ghosts of Tsushima, but that's not out yet, so I dunno enough about it.

I'm not sure Sam would be possible, the legal nonsense around Death Stranding is a weird one, but it would make sense if it is possible.

They can make a pretty huge roster even without third parties... obviously not Smash huge, but knocking on fifty is hardly a small roster, especially for just the second (or let's be real, it would probably have different mechanics and be considered the first of it's own franchise) game.

Although if they potentially have a character in smash I don't know why they'd even make this hypothetical game in the first place...

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
My post was mostly about the lack of Team Ico. I think one of the most bizarre omissions of the first game was the lack of Wander at least considering how critically acclaimed the game is along with Ico.

Ghost of Tsushima was the game I completely forgot. Funny considering how excited I am for it.
As an addition, I just want the opening movie to be similar to the first game. Great music choice and idea for it. Had there been better choice of characters could give Smash Bros openings a run for its money.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Good Roster and your franchise representation is nice (Would add Sully to Uncharted for what you have mentioned) but you add a few more. Team Ico's games especially as the glaring omission. The first two have had great influences on the industry while the third was a great experiment.

Ico/Yorda
Wander
The Boy from The Last Guardian
Don't know how Trico could work but hey.

Quantic Dream rep like Connor from Detroit or Ethan from Heavy Rain - Their games have been funded by PlayStation in the past
Sam from Death Stranding - Game was funded by PlayStation
Bloodborne rep.
That biker guy from Days Gone.

After that, I think it would be perfect.
Then it would be showing the best part of PSABR and expanding upon it. The rivals system.
Damn I can't believe I left out a Team Ico character, thanks for reminding me! As for Sully, yeah I would give him a spot too. He's been out in the field and part of every main game so he'd be a great classy thief; I'd picture him and Sly getting along well while Sly and Drake still butt heads occasionally lol.

I like the idea of Connor as well; part of me wanted to have all 3 protagonists playable (separately of course) but it seems like Connor and Marcus are combat capable while Kara isn't, so I would've just listed the first 2 only. Thinking about it now though, you could make a moveset out of anything and Kara wouldn't be too hard; maybe Connor is gun-oriented (being a cop and all) whereas Marcus is more hand-to-hand and Kara takes an unorthodox playstyle of some kind.

For Death Stranding, if there's too many legal hurdles from using Norman's likeness then maybe they could pick a major character that doesn't use a celebrity's face. Otherwise, sure have Sam in throwing as much piss grenades and poop bombs as he wants lol.

Everyone else you mentioned would be fine as well. Sony needs to realize they have a lot more well-liked IPs than they think. Nobody has the same level of quality and quantity as Nintendo but what Sony DOES have is very respectable at the least.

Yeah, Delsin is the character I think of when I think of inFamous, so I guess I forgot about Cole... I'd definitely put him last on the PS3 list, but he should probably be there. Don't think he's really smash material though.

Add Arc the Lad, and maybe Dart of LoD and/or a wild arms character (I'm not as familiar with the series) and that's a solid PSABR2 roster though.
Thank you. As for Cole (or any InFamous character), he's got the gritty look of a game that's "too realistic for Smash" but his moves can get so over-the-top and superhuman that he'd blend in well enough. Aesthetically he'd be more in line with the Simon, Ridley, Snake and Bayonetta side of the spectrum. Realistically proportioned, gritty but balls to the wall crazy powers. Kratos would also be in that vein too, but relentless like Bayo and more brutal.

TBH if Kratos gets in, we need Dante. We'll literally have the Hack N Slash pantheon trio with Dante the OG, Kratos as the Innovator and Bayonetta as the New Kid on the Block. Imagine all 3 fighting each other. History in the making.

With that said, my personal pick is still Ratchet & Clank. It's older than God of War by 3 years (2002) and the 2nd of Sony's 3 longest running franchises, which are Gran Turismo, R&C and God of War. Nobody seems to acknowledge this, but R&C is the most successful Banjo-Kazooie inspired franchise, and reached heights that B-K never got 1/3rd as close to. It also brought over-the-top guns that we kinda take for granted now, but most importantly, it's one of the few 3D Mascot Platformers that didn't die off. In the 2000's, Mario, Sonic and Ratchet/Clank were the only ones making consistent 3D Platformers. Nobody's touching Mario, and Sonic limped onward through his downward spiral, but R&C had a consistent stream of mostly good games. This is remarkable because DK and Rayman went back to 2D, and Halo (which I love) and GTA caused the ENTIRE industry to shift more in their direction. R&C was created and thrived in an era where their genre was being killed off and yet they still managed to keep a consistent presence on PS2, PS3, and got a well-loved game on PS4. That's remarkable, and while they weren't as iconic as Kratos, only R&C and GoW can brag about starting on PS2 and continuing to PS5, because both series will no doubt get sequels.

regulus tera

Smash Apprentice
There was a problem fetching the tweet

With Nintendo allowing one of its properties to appear in PS4, this all but makes a Sony character an inevitability.

...halfly-joking. Halfly.

RodAcoPer

Smash Journeyman
I Just want Sackboy (Little Big Planet) or Kat (Gravity Rush) to make it in as the Sony Rep but Kratos and Ratchet are definately the most likely to be added if we ever get a Playstation Exclusive Rep

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Source Gaming released the results of a huge Smash ballot poll they were working on. They did one last year so maybe this is going to be an annual thing? IDK. Anyways, we had a number of Sony reps get votes. Here's a link to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rDxQ9OaHDQ&t=3s

Nobody placed in the top 50 but we had a few close calls. Kratos finished 58th(wow), Ratchet and Clank tied for 94th, Sly Cooper came in at 106, Kat from Gravity Rush finished tied for 126th, and other big names like Aloy, Nathan Drake, Sackboy, and Parappa also received votes. Nice to see some Sony reps in there since not too long ago most wouldn't have even bothered to bring them up based on how silly it would have sounded. Full results here, there's likely a few names I didn't see on there.

https://sourcegaming.info/2020/06/20/mega-smash-poll-ssbu-fighter-pass-2/

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
eh sure, this'd be cool

in terms of likelihood, i'd say the frontrunners would be kratos, drake or ratchet

tho dart and a wild arms rep are personal pipedream picks of mine

Top Bottom