• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [May 9, 2015] Goast House Monthlies series (Independence, Ohio)

Freky

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Frekydelic
Benji, come to more tourneys. You have a knack, bro. Also, loved this tourney. Not a big turnout, but still fun!

Fluffyness

Smash Rookie
actually if anyone noticed something specific about my marth that I can work on that would be nice. If I get better I might actually enter singles next time.

Get Low

Smash Ace
actually if anyone noticed something specific about my marth that I can work on that would be nice. If I get better I might actually enter singles next time.
Bro, I know everyone keeps telling you this, but you have a natural talent for this game. I couldn't believe how quickly you were adapting when you were playing against my Peach (granted that Marth is my worst matchup, but still). You already have solid fundamentals, but one piece of advice I can give you is to not counter so much. High level players will bait it out and punish it HARD. It's a great move though if you use it sparingly.

Other than that, I hope to see you at more tourneys, kid. Keep rocking the Wavebird. ;D

vidjogamer

Smash Master
Fluffy, I'm out of state atm, but I live in Avon. We should play when I'm back in town.

Also, do you play PM at all? I'm really good at PM.

Fluffyness

Smash Rookie
Fluffy, I'm out of state atm, but I live in Avon. We should play when I'm back in town.

Also, do you play PM at all? I'm really good at PM.
We should definitely play at some point vidjjo... Wait are you that peach that once teamed with M2K? Oh yeah, and I've never played PM in my life, but it would pretty fun to learn. :)

vidjogamer

Smash Master
Yeah, M2k and I teamed a lot back in the day. He lived with me in Avon for two years too. We're pretty close. We're actually working on making games together now.

Anyway, I havent played melee seriously in years so I suck, but if I have people to play I'd love to get back into shape.

Also, PM is pretty fun.

Fluffyness

Smash Rookie
Benji, come to more tourneys. You have a knack, bro. Also, loved this tourney. Not a big turnout, but still fun!
I'd love to go to more tournies, but I'm having some trouble finding them; smashboards is great but not the most organized place. If anyone knows about any other tournies in the area it would be really nice if you could share.

Sweet™

Smash Famous @PennStateSweet #SweetNation
Premium
There typically isn't an event for P:M, but usually there is at least one setup for friendlies.

If you bring your own that'd work. Up to you doe.

OreoKirby

Smash Rookie
NNID
OreoKirby01
3DS FC
1204-0162-2881
There typically isn't an event for P:M, but usually there is at least one setup for friendlies.

If you bring your own that'd work. Up to you doe.
Alrighty then. I can bring a setup, and I'm sure people would play, I just didn't know if it was like highly frowned upon. (Only slightly I know~)

Also, I never had the chance to play or see your Ivy at Y-Town and this upsets me.

Last edited:

oliman

Smash Journeyman
Is there gonna be a goast house for November? if so when will it be?
Wow! Benji himself! Found at last!
Just a wake up in case you haven't been checking Smashboards
The site sucks now, use facebook. The group is called NEOH/PGH Active SSBM Players/Talentless Hacks and I believe it's invitational, so friend someone here

Freky

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Frekydelic
Alrighty then. I can bring a setup, and I'm sure people would play, I just didn't know if it was like highly frowned upon. (Only slightly I know~)
I'd be down to do some $1 PM MMs with people. They'll probably end up being pride mms though because I'm a poor college student. :/

ocksRock

Smash Rookie
I'm going to try and bring 2-4 people with me to this. We're all real bad, but it sounds like a fun time.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
most likely attending ...

all money matches will be accepted

=]

you can pick the matchup and stuff

as long as it isnt stupid like kirby vs pichu

Itchytasty

Smash Rookie
Nearly last minute, but I might be able to bring 2-4 buddies and me to this (with a P:M setup?)
Can't wait, it's our first time!

edit; wow that second sentence was scrubby as hell lol

Last edited:

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Is this still happening? Derf briefly mentioned to me that this was coming up soon, but 1 week until the 28th and there have been no bumps on the thread.

Last edited:
Top Bottom