• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North Hyperbolic Street Melee#2 - DBFz/BBTAG/SSBM/SF5 Event!

Hyperbolic Street Melee#2 - DBFz/BBTAG/SSBM/SF5 Event!
Posted by Conti
Platinum Star Games
Saturday, June 9, 2018 - 02:00 PM
Until: Saturday, June 9, 2018 - 11:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Conti

Smash Ace
BBTAG IS JOINING THE ROSTER FOR THIS SERIES! GET HYPED ANIME FIGHTERZ!

***Date Confirmed! Going to be doing this as a #SummitOfPower Viewing Party As-well for the locals who want to be a part of the action! We have a nice big screen and couch to View the event from!

Hey, Kairi Conti from Ocean County Smash (OcS) bringing a super sick Tournament Series to get some DragonBall FighterZ, Blazblue Cross Tag Battle and Street Fighter 5 going in Central NJ! This Series is going Bi-Weekly! Rotating on and off Saturdays and available Weekdays! Follow OcS for updates!

Event Date: Saturday June 9th, 2018

Venue: $7 [Eligible for a $2/4 Discount for bringing a Setup]
SFV: $8
BBTAG: $8
DBFz: $8
SSBM: $8

SETUP INFO! CHECK SETUP POST BELOW IF YOU WANT TO HELP BRING STUFF IN! ♥

Melee! I have 4 Full Setups, with 2/3 Extra CRTs depending on what I can fit in my car. We are going to need some extra systems, I'll do $2 for a System that can pair with my extra TVs! May need some additional full setups! Will keep you guys posted! $4 Discount for Full setups if we need them!

These guidelines apply for FGC as well (2$ for System, $2 for Monitor = $4 Total for full setup)! Gaming Monitors are IMPORTANT! I only have 1, The store has a few extra TVs but they aren't monitors so def bring em in for a great tourney experience!

Discounts are awarded if system is used for majority of singles bracket to help speed things up. Ask Conti towards end of bracket for the discount!

------
Stream:

*Make sure to follow Twitch.tv/MasterHandGaming if you are into WiiU Smash [which won't be at this series unfortunately for now]! They hooked us up with getting Plat Star as the Venue for this event! They are the unified stream for NJ and also host Monthlies/Events for WiiU on Saturdays at Platinum Star Games!

Twitch.tv/BBWSmash Our dedicated local Melee Stream! Spawned right out of my hometown, These guys do a great job definitely give them a follow and check out the Melee tournament on there!

IF YOU WANT TO STREAM THE FGC PORTION OF THIS EVENT! MESSAGE ME!
-----
BRACKETS: Smash.gg/HyperbolicStreetMelee2 (Coming soon)
------
SCHEDULE
------
Date: Saturday, June 9th, 2018
Venue Starts at 2:00pm
------
---
Event Scheduled Start Times
~Singles~
Street Fighter 5 Singles @ 5:30pm
BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle Singles @ 6:00pm
Super Smash Bros Melee Singles @ 6:30pm
DragonBall FighterZ Singles @ 7:00pm-ish [Will start as other brackets wind down!]

------
RULESETS - [Using Evo for FGC]

Melee: Standard 2017 Rules - UCF on all setups for this event aswell! http://www.meleeitonme.com/wp-content/uploads/Melee-Recommended-Ruleset-1.pdf

STREET FIGHTER V: ARCADE EDITION
Game version: US PlayStation 4
Game Settings: Versus Mode, 99 Seconds, 2/3 Rounds, 2/3 Games, No Handicap
Legacy Controller Mode is banned.
Training Stage, Skies of Honor, Flamenco Tavern, and Kanzuki Beach stage are not tournament legal.

DRAGONBALL FIGHTERZ
Game Settings: 300 Seconds, 2/3 Games, Default Handicap, Default Damage

BLAZBLUE: CROSS TAG BATTLE
Game Settings: 2/3 Games, 180 seconds*?
If the players do not agree on a stage within 15 seconds, the match will be random stage select.
------
Additional Info:

Payouts:
(Regular Payout)
1st Place - 60% of Entry Fees
2nd Place - 30% of Entry Fees
3rd Place - 10% of Entry Fees

32+ Entrants
1st Place - 55% of Entry Fees
2nd Place - 30% of Entry Fees
3rd Place - 10% of Entry Fees
4th Place - 5% of Entry Fees

Last edited:

Conti

Smash Ace
Last edited:

Conti

Smash Ace
*** ANNOUNCEMENTS!
<3 PLEASE READ ***
Update for y'all! We looking GOOD! Definitely a bunch of interest and good amount confirmed!

SETUPS!: So we have like 5+ Melee Setups, 4 possibly 5 FGC [There's a TV with no system planned for it yet], Which is doable. Still another setup or 2 or more for FGC wouldn't hurt! We have a lot of space at this venue so let's try to utilize it! REMEMBER YOU GET $4 VENUE DISCOUNT. Making Venue only $3 if you bring a Full Setup w/ all the DLC!

Couple Reminders in case you missed the other posts!

Pre-Reg here if you haven't already! smash.gg/hyperbolicstreetmelee1

WINNER OF DBFZ AT THIS EVENT WINS FREE VENUE/ENTRY [$50 Value] TO Defend The North 2018

Once we have 16 Players registered for DBFz we also have a high chance of qualifying to be a part of smash.gg/pgfighterz league! For more info check that link!

Rougeyoshi who I advertised would be coming to this event unfortunately can't make it, He actually won an event that won him a free flight to COMBO BREAKER 2018 [Which this Event is actually also acting as a Viewing party for, We will have their Stream up on the big screen] thru one of the Online PGFighterZ League qualifiers ironically. So we will be rooting for em from home! He will almost definitely be at one of the next ones!

As for Streams. FGC PEOPLE. I don't own Stream equipment unfortunately anymore but We have like 2 "Stream Rooms" in the back that are perfect for setting up a Stream with Commentary and have no background noise that have windows so you can wire it into the main room. It's really legit. I personally haven't met any DBFz Streamers yet so if any of you are on the come up and want to stream these events definitely message me!

Melee - We usually have Twitch.tv/BBWSmash come out to our events to Stream but he unfortunately can't come out to this first event. I have a Recording Setup as a backup with no Commentary. If you have stream equipment and wanna help stream this let me know! Otherwise it's nbd and we will most likely have BlipBlipWaveshine at our next event!

*** NEXT EVENT INFO! ***

If you somehow can't make this event it's ok! This is the 1st of hopefully many to come! Definitely like Ocean County Smash - OcS to keep up on updates and watch Central NJ Super Smash Bros and NJ FGC Groups for adverts for the next event!
This Series IS GOING BI-WEEKLYish for the Summer!
It may not always be on Saturdays as Majors are on the horizon but we will probably rotate on and off Saturdays & an open Weekday (Thursdays possibly)

The next Hyperbolic Street Melee is happening SATURDAY JUNE 9TH! It's also the same weekend as the #SummitOfPower so there will be ton's of action on the big screen in terms of viewing! Event page just went up today and I haven't invited people yet but you can pre-RSVP here and stay tuned on there for updates!
HSM2: https://www.facebook.com/events/178286586210569/

Event 3 is most likely Thursday June 20th or June 28th. Will confirm soon!

That's about it for now! Thank you so much for reading and supporting! See you all tomorrow and I hope you all have a great time!!!
<3

- Kairi Conti

Top Bottom