• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[May 23, 2015] Comic Palooza 2015! $1000 guaranteed pot for Smash 4! (Houston, Tx)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
For the first time in Tx smash history, the old generation of Houston Smash TOs (Xyro) is combining efforts with the new generation of Houston smash TOs (Krebs and Alex) to bring you a huge smash 4 event at Comic Palooza 2015! This convention is sponsoring a $1000 guaranteed pot and providing us multiple setups, 2 projectors, lots of space and tons of smash 4 the entire weekend of the con!

Date/Time

5/23/2015

Please be at the venue and in the gaming room (located on the 3rd floor) by 10:00am to sign in (or register if there are open spots left in the bracket) and warm ups. Check-in/registration/warm ups will end at 12pm and the event will begin at 12:00pm. There will be absolutely no admittance into the tournament once it has begun.

Venue

The tournament will be on the 3rd floor (room 332) of the

George R. Brown Convention Center
1001 Avenida de las Americas
Houston, TX 77010 Contact #: http://www.houstonconventionctr.com/

Events & Event Times

5/23/2015 (Saturday)

Registration/Check in/Practice from 10:00am-12:00pm
Smash WiiU 1vs1 from 12:00pm-12:30am
Pack Up, Lock Up and Leave the Venue by 1:00am

Event Fees

In order to participate in the tournament or to play friendly/casual matches, all players must purchase a Comic Palooza badge.

Venue Badge/Pre-registration= Can be purchased here. Buy the "Saturday– Adult General Admission" for $35 if you plan on only attending the smash event.

Smash WiiU 1vs1= Free entry {128 player cap}

When you buy the con badge, please email me a picture of the receipt AND your gamer tag so that i can put you in the bracket before the cap of 128 is reached.

Payout

Though Smash WiiU 1vs1 is free to enter, Comic Palooza is putting a $1000 pot up for grabs regardless of player turnout. Be it 5 entrants or 50 entrants or 128 entrants, the $1000 pot will be there guaranteed.

Smash WiiU 1vs1 ($1000 guaranteed pot) (128 player cap)
1st=$450
2nd=$250
3rd=$125
4th=$75
5th=$50
5th=$50

Rules

All of the rules for the Smash WiiU tournament can be found here.

Set-ups

Comic Palooza will be providing 12 TVs but will not be providing anything else. This means we need full set-ups pretty badly. Please bring a WiiU+TV+SSB4 and your adapter aka a FULL SETUP. If you cannot bring a full setup, just bring whatever you can because anything will help. Remember to have all stages, all characters (mewtwo counts) and have the latest software update for SSB4 installed.

Other information
Official Comic Palooza Website
Comic Palooza Facebook Profile
Comic Palooza Facebook Group
Comic Palooza Tournament Page
Comic Palooza Twitter Profile

If you wish to be apart of the Houston, Tx Smash WiiU scene, please join us on the Houston SmashBoards thread. If you have any questions about the smash WiiU event at Comic Palooza or anything Houston Smash WiiU related, please do not hesitate to ask me or the game room director at videogaming@comicpalooza.com You can contact me on my Facebook, on my SmashBoards profile or by email at any time. Please title your message as "Smash WiiU" and I will respond as soon as possible.

Last edited:

RageToast

Smash Cadet
NNID
RageToast
3DS FC
5258-0053-8259
Should we still bring full setups or just an adapter?

Xyro77

adapter and controllers are all that is needed from the public.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Can I bring recording equipment, or do I need to bring my own setup for that?

RageToast

Smash Cadet
NNID
RageToast
3DS FC
5258-0053-8259
Yo I just realized this is on Monday i might not make it lol

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
Yo I just realized this is on Monday i might not make it lol
Monday?

Events & Event Times

5/23/2015 (Saturday)

Registration/Check in/Practice from 10:00am-12:00pm
Smash WiiU 1vs1 from 12:00pm-12:30am
Pack Up, Lock Up and Leave the Venue by 1:00am

RageToast

Smash Cadet
NNID
RageToast
3DS FC
5258-0053-8259
tfw I was looking at march

Last edited:

lilnest

Smash Rookie
If you're signing up for comicpalooza tourney, you can buy tickets online.
Discount codes are:
ORIGINALPSP
CLUTCH / CLUTCH2015 (it's one of those)
HOUSTONNERDSUNITE2015
All work and they all give you $3 off.
You can only use one though.

Xyro77

Will there be any other game besides Sm4sh?
Smash 4 will be the only game for prize money.

Mario Kart 8 and Mortal Kombat 10 will have smaller events with prizes that do not involve money.

If you're signing up for comicpalooza tourney, you can buy tickets online.
Discount codes are:
ORIGINALPSP
CLUTCH / CLUTCH2015 (it's one of those)
HOUSTONNERDSUNITE2015
All work and they all give you $3 off.
You can only use one though.
Yes. Thank you for the info. This should help.

Edit: the smash 4 1vs1 rules will be updated tomorrow to the most recent version of the TGC rules.

Last edited:

Xyro77

There is a cap of 128 players. Please buy your con badge asap and email me a receipt WITH your GAMER TAG. By doing this, i will add you into bracket and guarantee you a spot.. If you fail to do this and the bracket is full, there will NOT be exceptions made.

MrRecluse

Smash Cadet
How can i get a badge to enter in the tournament? I wanna get two for me and my brother.

Xyro77

How can i get a badge to enter in the tournament? I wanna get two for me and my brother.
On the front post of this thread, there is a link to buy your badge. Send me a confirmation email AND your gamer tags and I'll save you a spot in the bracket.

MrRecluse

Smash Cadet
On the front post of this thread, there is a link to buy your badge. Send me a confirmation email AND your gamer tags and I'll save you a spot in the bracket.
I sent an email from my yahoo account cause I don't have outlook. Will you still get it?

Xyro77

Send all emails with your con badge receipt AND your gamer tag to was7x@hotmail.com

If you are Afraid it won't go through, message me on FB and/or here on smashboards.

Xyro77

Please bring full setups to comic Palooza (WiiU/TV/smash 4) because we need them badly.

Xyro77

On Monday i will post up a list of spots taken and spots open. Once the con starts on the 23rd, all remaining open spots are up for grabs to the general public. This is a convention event so the spots will fill up in 20mins.

GODLINK

Smash Rookie
On Monday i will post up a list of spots taken and spots open. Once the con starts on the 23rd, all remaining open spots are up for grabs to the general public. This is a convention event so the spots will fill up in 20mins.
Hi Xyro,

This is the first event I will ever attend to in USA (Foreign) I'm going to be attending the Saturday tournament, I just want to make sure I don't buy extra paks/comboos/etc I don't need. Do I just need to pay the Saturday $35.00 fee or is there anything else I need to purchase. Please advise soon. Thanks a lot!

Xyro77

Hi Xyro,

This is the first event I will ever attend to in USA (Foreign) I'm going to be attending the Saturday tournament, I just want to make sure I don't buy extra paks/comboos/etc I don't need. Do I just need to pay the Saturday $35.00 fee or is there anything else I need to purchase. Please advise soon. Thanks a lot!
Yes. Just buy the con badge ($35), email me a receipt and I'll guarantee you are put into the bracket.

If I may, where are you from?

Will there be a loser's bracket at the tournament?
Yeppers. Always.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
@ Xyro77 Xyro77 I registered, please reserve me a spot!

Xyro77

Very important reminder about Comic Palooza 2015!!!!!

Comic Palooza and its $1,000 guaranteed prize pool for Smash WiiU 1vs1 tournament is exactly 7 days away (May 23rd 2015). The con has placed a cap of 128 players due to the multiple thousands of con goers that will be at the venue that weekend ready to enter the event. If you wish to be apart of the 128 smashers fighting for a piece of the 1k up for grabs, i need you to go to the first post of this thread and follow the instructions on buying a Comic Palooza badge. Once you buy this badge, please send me an email (was7x@hotmail.com) with a receipt of the badge purchase as well as your GAMER TAG. Doing this will GUARANTEE you a spot in the 128 man bracket and the convention.

As of 11pm on May 16 2015, these are the people i have guaranteed a spot in the 128 man bracket:

Xyro
GrimTurtle
LecherousTortoise
Uwotm8
Jazzy
Malas
ThreeDog
MrRecluse
ZenArkain
Jaz
Dskro
FullMetal
Gigs
LandCrab
QuackyDuck
Scrunks
RT
Espy
KingOfSaiyans
Flavio
Mbohne
Samboner
Krebs
GimmeMoraThat

24 of the 128 spots are taken.

If your name is not on the list and you sent me an email with your badge receipt+gamer tag, resend the email AND message me on Smashboards or on FB so that we can confirm you a spot. For the rest of you who have not signed up yet, i strongly urge you to register for this event ASAP because once i open registration for the general public (con goers), the spots will be eaten up immediately. Meaning, i am offering my smash children a special chance to get a shot at 1k prize money.

Furthermore, we need full setups. If you can bring a WiiU+TV+SSB4+Adapter this would help the event run fast. If you cant bring a full setup, please bring what you can because anything helps.

If you need more info, please message me on FB, smashboards, email me or tag me in a post and ill answer as much as i can. I hope to see you all at Comic Palooza 2015 in 7 days!!!!!!!!!

Xyro77

As of 9pm on May 19 2015, these are the people i have guaranteed a spot in the 128 man bracket:

Xyro
GrimTurtle
LecherousTortoise
Uwotm8
Jazzy
Malas
ThreeDog
MrRecluse
ZenArkain
Jaz
Dskro
FullMetal
Gigs
LandCrab
QuackyDuck
Scrunks
RT
Espy
KingOfSaiyans
Flavio
Mbohne
Samboner
Krebs
GimmeMoraThat
Fliphop
Trela
Jebus
Lilnest
MegaFox
Tonatiuh
MikeHawk
JaySon
iLyrux
G-Wolf
Gamma
2GioCio
Zetaconman123

37 of the 128 spots are taken.

If your name is not on the list and you sent me an email already with your badge receipt+gamer tag, resend the email AND message me on Smashboards or on FB so that we can confirm you a spot. For the rest of you who have not signed up yet, i strongly urge you to register for this event ASAP because once i open registration for the general public (con goers), the spots will be eaten up immediately. Meaning, i am offering my smash children a special chance to get a shot at 1k prize money before anyone else.

Furthermore, we need full setups. If you can bring a WiiU+TV+SSB4+Adapter this would help the event run fast. If you cant bring a full setup, please bring what you can because anything helps.

If you need more info, please message me on FB, smashboards, email me or tag me in a post and ill answer as much as i can. I hope to see you all at Comic Palooza 2015 in 4 days!!!!!!!!!

Xyro77

The tournament lasts 12 hours if we need it. It should be done in about 5-7 though.

Read the opening post.

Please bring wiiu+ssb4+adapters!

Last edited:

Xyro77

i sent you an email thiis mornig and was just wondering if you recieved it
Yes.

Hi I sent you an email just now from justin.david.miller@hotmail.com just wanted to check and see if you got it, thanks
Yep
Got it.

Alrighty, girls/guys. The 1k dollar pot prize for 1vs1 smash wiiu at Comic Palooza 2015 is TOMORROW! Please be in the game room by 10am for sign-up/check-in/set-up and practice. 1vs1 starts at noon.

There are 88 players that have already pre-reg with me and I have a 2 page list of con goers who want to enter as well. They will most def cap this event but I am still offering you, my children, a chance to enter the event before the rest. So to GUARANTEE a spot for yourself, you must send me an email with your gamer tag AND the receipt from purchasing your con badge. 11:30pm tonight is the deadline. If you can't pre-reg with me by then, you run the risk of trying to enter the event at the door.

We also need WiiU+Ssb4+adapters+tvs so please help us all out by brining equipment.

If you need more info, please read here: www.smashboards.com/threads/may-23-2015-comic-palooza-2015-1000-guaranteed-pot-for-smash-4-houston-tx.388710/

Top Bottom