• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West The Wolves Den Part 4

The Wolves Den Part 4
Posted by alnavas
San Bernardino Valley College Physical Science Building 228
Friday, May 20, 2016 - 03:00 PM
Until: Friday, May 20, 2016 - 09:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Los_Angeles)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

alnavas

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3454-1089-2332
Super Smash Bros. Wii U (Crews and Singles)
Super Smash Bros. Melee (Crews and Singles)
Pokken Tournament
Street Fighter V

This is The Wolves Den! hosted by I.E.G.C. sponsored by SBVC's Performing Arts Club! The event will be located in the P.S. (Physical Science) Building, Room 228 (on the second floor)

Venue fee: $5, you will pay at the time of registration
(spectators are free to enter)

No age limit
Now for the Games!

Rules:

Super Smash Bros for Wii U:

We have 4 setups, we are welcoming people to bring setups. If you bring a setup, your venue fee will be waved.
(A setup consists of a Nintendo Wii U, GC Adapter, AND a T.V.),
* More setups for smash will make this go smoother
We are allowing Gamecube controllers, Pro controllers, Wii U Gamepad, Classic remotes, and 3DS

Rules: 1v1 Singles (Double Elimination)
2 stock, 6 Minutes, Items off, Equipment off, No Customs, No Amiibo
(we are allowing all DLC Characters)
Stages allowed: Final Destination, all Omegas, Halberd, Lylat Cruise, Town and City, Battlefield, Smashville, Miiverse, Duck Hunt
Stages will be mostly be decided by Gentlemen's Agreement

Super Smash Melee:

Game Settings: 4 Stock, 8 Minute Time Limit, No Items, Pause Disabled, 2/3 Games

Starter stages: Yoshi’s Story, Fountain of Dreams, Final Destination, Battlefield, Dream Land.

Counter-pick stages: Pokemon Stadium.

First stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in P1-P2-P2-P1 order.

Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.

Following stages decided by winner banning one stage from all stages and then loser choosing.

For Crews:

Players from the opposing teams then take turns fighting in 1v1 matches, with the winner of a match carrying their remaining stock(s) to face the next member of the opposing team. Stocks lost by the victorious player in a previous match are subtracted from the player's stocks by self-destructing at the beginning of the next match. For example, if Player A defeated the other team's Player B with two stocks remaining, he or she would need to SD until only two stocks remained for the next match against Player C, who starts with full stocks. This continues until one crew runs completely out of stocks, in which case the other crew is the victor.

For crews for each smash game is 5 players for each crew

Pokken Tournament Rules:

Game Settings: LAN Mode, Skill=Off, 2/3 Rounds, 2/3 Games, Stadium Only
Loser of last match may change fighter Pokemon
Both players may change assist sets and cheer type between matches
(Mewtwo & Shadow Mewtwo are banned)

Street Fighter V rules:
> Double Elimination
> Default settings
> 2/3 Rounds per Game
> 2/3 Games per Set
> Winner/Loser/Grand finals will be 3/5
> Winner must keep character
> Loser may switch
> Random stage select (players may opt for an agreed stage)

Streaming Equipment will be there, so be prepared to Stream!

We have a special for our last tournament, if we have more than 40 entrants in one tournament or at least 6 crews for smash, we will be giving out FREE PIZZA for every one, even spectators! so invite, invite and, invite!

All Tournaments will be Double Elimination, meaning even if you lose in one game, there will be a loser's bracket

Cash Prizes: 1st place 60%, 2nd Place 30%, 3rd 10% for each Tournament

Tournament registration starts at 3:00 PM, ends at 4:00 PM for the games that start, we cannot register you in after the official tournament start, NO EXCEPTIONS! Tournaments will begin at 4:00 PM

Flor@

Smash Apprentice
ALL HAIL LOSER'S BRACKET + BEST 2 OF 3.

The nearby Chaffey tournament had no such thing. Glad we'll all have a second chance at redemption. Well, except for the Winner's-Bracket champion. Ouch.

Quick23

Smash Rookie
ALL HAIL LOSER'S BRACKET + BEST 2 OF 3.

The nearby Chaffey tournament had no such thing. Glad we'll all have a second chance at redemption. Well, except for the Winner's-Bracket champion. Ouch.
I heard about the one at chaffey.lol my brother went and told me about it. Sounds like your excited about these tournaments! Looking fwd to seeing you there bro!

Stuff_

Smash Rookie
This is going to be my first tournament experience. I just want to experience better players and meet people.

alnavas

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3454-1089-2332
This is going to be my first tournament experience. I just want to experience better players and meet people.
haha yea man come thru and have a good time, we can assure there will be alot of good players there lol

SoloNerd

Smash Rookie
When does registration and tournaments start? I can't make it till about 4:00

alnavas

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3454-1089-2332
When does registration and tournaments start? I can't make it till about 4:00
doors open at 3pm, friendlies will happen til 3:30 for all games, the schedule will look like this:

Smash 4 Crews: 3:30pm
Street Fighter V: 3:30pm
Mortal Kombat X: 3:30pm

Melee Crews: 4:00pm
Pokken Tournament: 4:00pm

Melee singles: 6:00pm
Smash4 singles: 6:00pm

If you're gonna come late you can contact us on Facebook with your name for the tourney and we can make sure your matches will be later so you can make it :)

SoloNerd

Smash Rookie
doors open at 3pm, friendlies will happen til 3:30 for all games, the schedule will look like this:

Smash 4 Crews: 3:30pm
Street Fighter V: 3:30pm
Mortal Kombat X: 3:30pm

Melee Crews: 4:00pm
Pokken Tournament: 4:00pm

Melee singles: 6:00pm
Smash4 singles: 6:00pm

If you're gonna come late you can contact us on Facebook with your name for the tourney and we can make sure your matches will be later so you can make it :)
Awesome! Thanks dude!

Flor@

Smash Apprentice
I heard about the one at chaffey.lol my brother went and told me about it. Sounds like your excited about these tournaments! Looking fwd to seeing you there bro!
The Chaffey Smash 4 Tournament (hosted by Anime Club) was ridiculously fun--especially for my first tournament. I placed surprisingly high, the people were all cool, there were definitely more setups than I expected, and we had some real competition there! I'll be on the lookout for you, too, Quick23! I may not be under "Flor" tho. Maybe "MySon!" or "Coco" or... "Corey"... or some random dumb name. If you see a Ganon, Dedede, ROB, or a Mario, it might be me.

I'm just so talkative because, you're right--I am HYPED!-- ...So bring your best!

P.S.: I do believe that we'll actually be seeing some of SoCal's best talent (i.e.: Scizor), so be ready!

Last edited:
Top Bottom