• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [May 2, 2015] Matthews Smashers "Crazy 8" IV Tournament (Matthews/Charlotte, NC)

Xianos

The Legendary Failure
Had a good time ^_^! this venue always does it right. 9th in melee isn't too bad.

shoutouts to @GCS Gaming Customs for his first win at an actual local! (I don't really count charged)

Last edited:

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
Had a really great time. The venue was... unique (I would never have imagined a smooth, well run and properly staffed tournament would be in a ?chiropractor's office?) and I was thoroughly impressed with all facets of the tournament's organization/execution. This was my first at this series, and it certainly won't be my last. And, I'll take a 4th place finish, fersure (but will aim to do better next time).

That being said, onto shoutouts:

Barbarian: Really tight games (esp on the distorted TV, lol). Solid player, and I was glad you did as well as you did given the bracket you had. Top notch effort. I feel ya on the "main crisis", but I'm sure you'll wind up settling on one that'll work out great for you.

W1mo: I enjoyed our games. Wish I would have taken a bit more time to chat/get to know you or what have you.

Kai: 61% =P GG's, amazing Sonic as always. Each set we play I feel that I get a much better understanding of the MU, and I'm glad I'm getting that MU experience from such a solid player. Big props for winning! Agh, I forgot about that 3$ Ft5. Ah well, some other time, I'm sure.

Anti-Yami: Ick about playing bad. I know the feeling. I'm sure it was hard to go from 64 to WiiU. Thanks for the friendlies, really enjoyed them and I'm really floored at how well you play such a large percentage of the cast. I hope to play you again soon, really love getting the MU exp with the diverse roster you use!

The Pac-Man player (I apologize... I don't have the brackets handy and I can't remember your tag): Fun games, and good Pac. You've got some great potential, just work on a few things we mentioned and I'm confident you'll improve super quick. Also thanks for the friendlies.

Archer: What can I say, I got bopped. Sheik's too strong in that MU. No Johns tho, you made a slew of solid reads, baits, and you punished really, really well. Definitely enjoyed the games, and I felt like I learned a lot (in regards to the MU, and some stuff for my own Sheik-In-Progress).

Marvin/Milt: Always good to see you guys. I'll probably catch yall tomorrow, and I look forward to playing, as well as meeting/playing your other brother.

Stock: Egh, tough day at the office man. It happens. I'm sure you'll bounce back and do super well at the next event, you're too good of a player not to. As always, really nice to see you & chat, even if it was kinda brief.

Veen: Always good to see my dubz partner, man. I'll catch you at S.O.S (most likely) for the Sunshine Giggle Brigade, Part II: Electric Boogalo!

Scotty: I wish I'da got to play some friendlies with you. I remember you handling me pretty well at Mute City, and I'd love a chance to get some exp against Wario. Congrats on your great performance as well.

Everyone else... thanks for coming and being cool and nice and chill and stuff. GGs all around. Congrats to the winners of the other games as well (even though I can't recall who won what).

F

FennerGuy1992

and I wasted $16 on this. I thought it was just $8...:mad:
that loophole, dudes. Not even a cool thing to use
The price was much too high for me in my honest opinion...could've been at least $3 or $5, in case of budget cuts you know. I think $8-16 is way too high for a Smash Bros tournament (or any tournament atleast).
Though the Double Dash money match moment was the only good part yesterday...:b:

Last edited by a moderator:

W1m0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheHylianHero123
and I wasted $16 on this. I thought it was just $8...:mad:
that loophole, dudes. Not even a cool thing to use
The price was much too high for me in my honest opinion...could've been at least $3 or $5, in case of budget cuts you know. I think $8-16 is way too high for a Smash Bros tournament (or any tournament atleast).
Though the Double Dash money match moment was the only good part yesterday...:b:
Loop hole? It's CLEARLY stated in the main post, and I think 16$ is good for a tournament with a venue of this caliber.

F

FennerGuy1992

Loop hole? It's CLEARLY stated in the main post, and I think 16$ is good for a tournament with a venue of this caliber.
ohhhhh, I get it now. Still, it's kinda steep LMAO.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
ohhhhh, I get it now. Still, it's kinda steep LMAO.
There is nothing to "get". The rules and costs were clearly outlined and you CHOSE to go to the event. I don't know who was rude to you, maybe some of the players or maybe you're just mad about losing, but the hosts here are some of the nicest people that exist in smash.

W1m0- Hey, I have your GC Adapter. Apparently it was connected to my Wii when I left and I didn't realize. I can give it to you at the next event hosted here, or we can work something out if you need it faster. Either way it will not be used and will be well taken care of until I get it back to you.

W1m0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheHylianHero123
There is nothing to "get". The rules and costs were clearly outlined and you CHOSE to go to the event. I don't know who was rude to you, maybe some of the players or maybe you're just mad about losing, but the hosts here are some of the nicest people that exist in smash.

W1m0- Hey, I have your GC Adapter. Apparently it was connected to my Wii when I left and I didn't realize. I can give it to you at the next event hosted here, or we can work something out if you need it faster. Either way it will not be used and will be well taken care of until I get it back to you.
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I can just play on a pro controller for now and I will make sure to get it next month

BirdLordMasterBeak

Smash Apprentice
Never again.
I forfeited and disqualified myself.
This is probably the worst Matthews tournament experience I ever had. The people I haven't met greets me unprofessionally and rudely. Idk why though...compare to the two local stores I went, it's awful :glare:
I'm sorry...I'm just speaking the truth here
I am sorry you had a bad experience here. I have been going to these tournaments since they started and they are definitely the best tournaments I have ever been too. The people that run it are super nice, they spent a lot of money to decorate the venue and offer cool prizes for everyone. They actually lose money providing the pizza for $1 a slice in order to make it a better experience. What exactly happened that made you not have a good time?

F

FennerGuy1992

I am sorry you had a bad experience here. I have been going to these tournaments since they started and they are definitely the best tournaments I have ever been too. The people that run it are super nice, they spent a lot of money to decorate the venue and offer cool prizes for everyone. They actually lose money providing the pizza for $1 a slice in order to make it a better experience. What exactly happened that made you not have a good time?
It's cool. I'm going to give suggestions to the manager. The best tournaments I have ever been to is at SPVG (on the Mario Kart 64 tournament). Well, the people I know are nice and I found a few. Most of them are okay lol...except Xianos (no offense) was unprofessional when he greeted me. The $1 was from my money match on Mario Kart Double Dash. Two or three didn't greet me well and was a little snobby ("how ya doin")...I don't know what I did wrong for them to say that, but...whatever. Past is past.

Ahhh I see it now. A couple players were just, ugh...idk
Next time, I wouldn't come unless if I got $20 in my wallet LOL
Whoa whoa, I wasn't mad about losing! Heck no LOL. Just because I lost and came in like last place, doesn't make me feel sad on the aftermath, bro. I'm actually impressed. I was just pissed about the $16.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I can just play on a pro controller for now and I will make sure to get it next month
No problem. I'll have it with me next time this series has an event. I'm sorry I didn't notice before I left.

Ahhh I see it now. A couple players were just, ugh...idk
Next time, I wouldn't come unless if I got $20 in my wallet LOL
Whoa whoa, I wasn't mad about losing! Heck no LOL. Just because I lost and came in like last place, doesn't make me feel sad on the aftermath, bro. I'm actually impressed. I was just pissed about the $16.
I see. Well I hope you have a more pleasant experience if you decide to go back.

GreenChaChing

Smash Apprentice
I love these tournaments and I always have a fun time going, no matter how well I do. I only have 1 thing I do not like, and its that its VERY hard to get a smash 4 match streamed, and when looking at the video of grand finals, it seemed to be choppy and the setup went over the stock count. I know there are a lot of other more important smash matches going on, but id like to see at least more than 1 match streamed. Other than that, great tournament! I cant wait to go again!

TheSourDough

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4656-7158-2153
useful information. I was just thinking if these go monthly, the next one should be around 2 weeks, just making sure im not missing out on it. Also, calling out SourDough for a 15$ mm bo5 next tourney.
Dude sorry about missing yet another tourney, I've been getting slammed with in opportune timing, If you're going to La Paradiso in Raliegh June (13th I think?) I'll be there, if not I will most likely finally take you up on that MM next crazy 8

GreenChaChing

Smash Apprentice
Dude sorry about missing yet another tourney, I've been getting slammed with in opportune timing, If you're going to La Paradiso in Raliegh June (13th I think?) I'll be there, if not I will most likely finally take you up on that MM next crazy 8
I dont think ill go to one in Raleigh, but i do hope to see you at the next crazy 8!

tanookigamer01

Smash Apprentice
Hey All,
Thank you for your patience with us posting our next tournament! We are changing venues, so we are in the midst of moving everything! It will probably be completed and ready for gaming action in the middle or end of July! Until then, get ready for an awesome Super Smash Bros. tournament experience!! We'll keep you posted!

GreenChaChing

Smash Apprentice
Hey All,
Thank you for your patience with us posting our next tournament! We are changing venues, so we are in the midst of moving everything! It will probably be completed and ready for gaming action in the middle or end of July! Until then, get ready for an awesome Super Smash Bros. tournament experience!! We'll keep you posted!
Wow, the wait stinks. Where is the new one going to be?

Dmil86

Smash Cadet
Hey All,
Makes sense thanks for the update!

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
Hey All,
I'll be at the one in August assuming it is after the 12th! Can't wait until then. I won't have a TV with me this summer, but I'll have my controller to keep my fingers warm.

F

FennerGuy1992

If it starts on June, can you guys do Smash Bros 64 and Brawl???:awesome:
plus random money matches for Mario Kart 64 :chuckle:
plus Amiibo tournaments at 1pm and not noon:bubblebobble:

Xianos

The Legendary Failure
If it starts on June, can you guys do Smash Bros 64 and Brawl???:awesome:
plus random money matches for Mario Kart 64 :chuckle:
plus Amiibo tournaments at 1pm and not noon:bubblebobble:

I can see Smash 64 having enough interest, but there isn't enough interest in brawl or mario kart 64 to make it a full event.

Xianos

The Legendary Failure
I have no problem with brawl personally, and a side event would be cool, I just don't think you could garner enough support for a full scale tourney.

Twisty Treats

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1075-1216-7448
So you're scared to play me in Brawl? Can't say I blame you.
Lol I would get destoyed.... What I am trying to say i there would not be enough support for brawl as a main event when sm4sh melee and PM are prospects... It would be fun as a side event instead of an amibo event for one tourney

F

FennerGuy1992

Yeah man. I personally love Brawl hahaha
I can see Smash 64 having enough interest, but there isn't enough interest in brawl or mario kart 64 to make it a full event.
I can tell lol...a lot of hype.
Oh darn :(:( hmmm, how about Mario Kart 8 (or Double Dash...or Wii). It'll be a SLAM!!! :colorful:
I'm still going to do $2-$25 money matches for any Mario Kart game though if you don't host any of them.
True that they may not have much hype...but there's always a try for anything ;)
Can I make a poll for the next Crazy 8 tournament, Xianos? :b:

Coming soon around 2016-17, I'll be hosting a Mario Kart tournament along with Super Smash Bros (probably 64, Melee, Brawl and Wii U)...but I'll let you know when I'm moving in the future or not....hopefully I will

Ya but why play brawl when sm4sh PM and Melee is there every tourney?
Because people overhype Sm4sh and PM. Melee is cool though.

Twisty Treats

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1075-1216-7448
Yeah man. I personally love Brawl hahaha

I can tell lol...a lot of hype.
Oh darn :(:( hmmm, how about Mario Kart 8 (or Double Dash...or Wii). It'll be a SLAM!!! :colorful:
I'm still going to do $2-$25 money matches for any Mario Kart game though if you don't host any of them.
True that they may not have much hype...but there's always a try for anything ;)
Can I make a poll for the next Crazy 8 tournament, Xianos? :b:

Coming soon around 2016-17, I'll be hosting a Mario Kart tournament along with Super Smash Bros (probably 64, Melee, Brawl and Wii U)...but I'll let you know when I'm moving in the future or not....hopefully I will

Because people overhype Sm4sh and PM. Melee is cool though.
There is no such thing as overhype for PM... If you can give an example of something that has been overhyped im open to it but untill you give an example I stay by my statement.

Top Bottom