• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West Orbitar: Ultimate every other Friday! (YOU MUST PREREGISTER)

Orbitar: Ultimate every other Friday! (YOU MUST PREREGISTER)
Posted by Cyrrona
GameWorks
Friday, February 7, 2020 - 05:30 PM
Until: Friday, February 7, 2020 - 11:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Los_Angeles)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Call_

Smash Rookie
NNID
CallthebstHD
Hopefully I can go, being a student and barely having a ride there might be tough, can't wait to play with you all.

Mini_Mac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G_Czech
Do spots get filled up quickly? I plan on getting there a tad bit before 6:30 either way but I'm just curious. Also, this will be my first smash tournament so out of curiosity are there any major requirements I must meet in order to compete or is the tournament open to the general public?

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
1) We post the results on facebook after each event, but we'll look into getting those scores over here as well in the future.
2) We pay out to 4th--it's usually along the lines of 50%/30%/15%/5%.
3) They aren't at the moment, but we're aiming to work up to this eventually.
4) Yep.
5) Nope.

Hope to see you out at one sometime!
Regarding #4 gamepad usage.

Dumb question, but lets say two players both want to use the gamepad. RPS for first round and switch each game?

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona
Does anyone know how we are supposed to record our bracket matches?
Not sure exactly what you're asking here... All matches on stream will be saved as VODs, but we don't have a system in place for capturing footage of the rest. If you're asking about reporting your bracket match, just tell one of the TOs (we'll identify ourselves at the start).

Is there any chance we can get playercams during this Friday's tournament?
We should have a player-facing cam for the stream like last time.

Regarding #4 gamepad usage.

Dumb question, but lets say two players both want to use the gamepad. RPS for first round and switch each game?
That works. Fortunately, I don't think you'll run into that problem. :)

Do spots get filled up quickly? I plan on getting there a tad bit before 6:30 either way but I'm just curious. Also, this will be my first smash tournament so out of curiosity are there any major requirements I must meet in order to compete or is the tournament open to the general public?
You should be able to get a spot in bracket if you show up at 6:30, yeah. It's open to the general public, so come on out--even if you're not a tourney vet, people are happy to give advice to first-timers and play some friendlies after consoles open up.

Sorry to add to the list of questions, but will doubles be a possibility at this tournament or future ones?
Egg. Egg. --it's something we're interested in but can't currently support. We'll let everyone know if it becomes a possibility in the future.

Last edited:

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to add to the list of questions, but will doubles be a possibility at this tournament or future ones?

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona
FYI, we have 6 monitors and 8 consoles so far. We'll need 8 of each to keep the registration cap at 64 and at least 10 of each to remove the cap entirely.

If you're planning to attend and can bring a setup, please let us know by adding it to the form in the bottom of the event description. We want to accommodate as many people as possible, but we need more setups to do that--help out if you can!

Last edited:

Mini_Mac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G_Czech
Just curious, are participants allowed to bring a friend along even if the person they bring isn't participating? I have a friend who doesn't play smash 4 a lot but enjoy's watching smash bros in general.

Last edited:

Luigiguy42

Smash Cadet
Just curious, are participants allowed to bring a friend along even if the person they bring isn't participating? I have a friend who doesn't play smash 4 a lot but enjoy's watching smash bros in general.
Yeah, they can. For future reference, If you want to spectate, you have to pay the venue cost. If you want to play, you have to pay the venue cost and the bracket cost (singles, doubles, etc.)

ArNoh

Smash Rookie
NNID
ArthNosen
3DS FC
4613-8119-5573
Can't wait!! It's tomorrow! I have to go through a big math test first but hopefully it will be worth it. I'll arrive sometime at 6. I'm bringing a friend. Also, is there anywhere you can check out the bracket list and how do you know when you're up?

ArNoh

Smash Rookie
NNID
ArthNosen
3DS FC
4613-8119-5573
Can't wait!!! Only a few hours away!! I cant believe I'm finally going to go to my first Smash Bros tournament ever!!!

Luigiguy42

Smash Cadet
This was really fun! We'll definitely be back! Too bad I got instantly eliminated but I still had a good time. :)

ArNoh

Smash Rookie
NNID
ArthNosen
3DS FC
4613-8119-5573
Wow!! I did way better than I expected!! Won 2 rounds in Losers but lost 3rd round. I'm happy!!

ArNoh

Smash Rookie
NNID
ArthNosen
3DS FC
4613-8119-5573
Does anybody know if we get ranked for this? I know I got a 25th place tie but does that affect or create a ranking for us here on smash boards?

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona
Glad you guys enjoyed! :) We don't currently report scores here on Smashboards, but we're considering changing that--I'll let you all know here if/when that pans out.

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona
Setup call--if you're attending and can bring something, please add it to the link at the bottom of the event description if you haven't already done so. We'll need more than what we've got so far to run things smoothly.

On that note, if you're bringing a setup, plan to get here early (6:30 at the very latest) so we can get it situated in time for bracket.

Thanks, and see you all tomorrow!

.Alpha.

Smash Rookie
NNID
xxvAlphavxx
Thanks! We're definitely off to a good start. The tournament recurs every other week, so there should be more opportunities for you coming up. :)
I will be attending this tourney each time and would just like to sincerely thank you for stepping up and starting a downtown event. One suggestion though about equipment, though I'll be providing my wii u game cube adapter and disc I suggest ensuring that they have the proper content like dlc fighters(scratch that just downloaded the app to edit the doc and saw the dlc included part, well organized my friend!), dreamland and bayos packaged stage as I main Ryu and would hate to have to find a setup besides my own that has him. Anyways thanks again I'm really happy to see this state growing a smash scene and I'm def cashing in on being apart of that and helping in anyway I can( including if you need any help setting up or breaking down the venue) I'll see you smashers on the 11th!

Last edited:

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona
FYI: With our venue shifting its management philosophy and our series growing beyond what our current space can comfortably support, we're going to need to take a hiatus until we can secure something more appropriate. We aim to come back swinging with a better crew than ever, though, so we'll hopefully be able to bring Seattle some more great Smash competition soon.

Glad everyone has enjoyed Season 1--we'll try to get results incorporated here and our VODs onto YouTube during the downtime. :) Stay tuned, and thanks for your patience and support!

.Alpha.

Smash Rookie
NNID
xxvAlphavxx
FYI: With our venue shifting its management philosophy and our series growing beyond what our current space can comfortably support, we're going to need to take a hiatus until we can secure something more appropriate. We aim to come back swinging with a better crew than ever, though, so we'll hopefully be able to bring Seattle some more great Smash competition soon.

Glad everyone has enjoyed Season 1--we'll try to get results incorporated here and our VODs onto YouTube during the downtime. :) Stay tuned, and thanks for your patience and support!
So the 11th is canceled:( sad day I was getting hype

LochTessMonster

Smash Cadet
Ah man I thought I had finally found a Seattle tournament. Anyone know of any other tournaments in the Seattle area?

ArNoh

Smash Rookie
NNID
ArthNosen
3DS FC
4613-8119-5573

By results do you mean the placing that we got? And is that going to create a ranking for us here on SmashBoards?

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona
Ah man I thought I had finally found a Seattle tournament. Anyone know of any other tournaments in the Seattle area?
Don't worry--we'll be back before too long! Until then, though, you can find upcoming PNW Smash events here.

By results do you mean the placing that we got? And is that going to create a ranking for us here on SmashBoards?
Yep. Not totally sure how SmashBoards interprets those results, but we've had some people ask, so it's something we'll be looking into.

ArNoh

Smash Rookie
NNID
ArthNosen
3DS FC
4613-8119-5573
Don't worry--we'll be back before too long! Until then, though, you can find upcoming PNW Smash events here.

Yep. Not totally sure how SmashBoards interprets those results, but we've had some people ask, so it's something we'll be looking into.
Alright, and when do you think those results will be up? Also, are I am a bit confused, is this Friday's tournament going to get postponed?

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona
Alright, and when do you think those results will be up? Also, are I am a bit confused, is this Friday's tournament going to get postponed?
We'll post here when they are, and yes--tournaments are postponed until we find a new venue.

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
Have you thought about holding the tournament on the UW campus? There have been tourneys held here in the Maple Great Room and the Intellectual House, they're pretty decent-sized venues. Plus that would mean I wouldn't have to struggle to get off my lazy butt and take a bus downtown. :p

ArNoh

Smash Rookie
NNID
ArthNosen
3DS FC
4613-8119-5573
Does anybody know when our next tournament is going to be?

Top Bottom