• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest [May 14, 2015] Infinity and Beyond! PM Weekly (Plano, Tx)

D

Deleted member

Oh Dayum.

Welp, you probably won't see my face there anymore because I go to school now.

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
12-12:30 is just pm. melee starts an hour earlier and never gets that many entrants so estimating another hour is pretty sound.

@Scotch98' nooooo 8(

BirdyBirds

Smash Cadet
@ bec bec if we're worried about setups, why don't you guys use some of the tourneylocator money to buy additional setups? i think wii's are only 40 dollars now. and CRTs are basically free. it should really quicken the tournaments to not last too late and we'd have a chance to have some friendlies and an overall better atmosphere than you and infinity yelling every hour about threatening to DQ anyone who (god forbid) wants to play some smash in their free time.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
The money from TLOC is being utilized to further other TLOC efforts than just the weekly. Unfortunately, we're not made of money (yet!)

I said this on Facebook, though, and I'll say it again here: if you would like to play friendlies your best option is to bring a setup. This helps support the community and helps the event go faster and smoother, so any help you can provide is appreciated (as always). Recently the reason things have been going late is due to long-running side events (Melee singles and PM doubles both cause the event to run late) and this week we are returning to PM singles only with a side event that is designed to be short and fun and it may very well finish within an hour or two.

Hope to see you there again this week :)

BirdyBirds

Smash Cadet
I'll try to make it this week again, but i leave to go back to college the very next day. I'll try to bring my wii once again if i do come.

D

Deleted member

Just wanted to leave a sorry here to a couple of my friends for being pretty ****ing salty today. I'll be back next Thursday just fine, I've decided to accept losing as something meant to be and something to learn from. I've also decided to stop being negative because every time I go to this weekly, it's become a depressing trademark. People expect me to get salty now, and I don't want that to happen anymore.

Thanks.

also lolhighlander

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
lolbecsuxatrunninghighlander

im glad to hear that though. accepting your losses well is one thing ive found very important to getting better as a player and person. salt is good when its healthy "i will do better next time and heres why" salt so dont shut yourself off from that entirely.

FD Melee Man

Smash Rookie
Is this series still around? I'm new-ish to PM and am looking for a place near by to get better or more actually, get my ass kicked.

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
yes! we will be meeting at FX Game Exchange this week and hopefully every week hereafter. the address is 3000 Custer Rd #170, Plano, TX 75075

infinity will be updating the thread soon as well.
and here is the FB group for it https://www.facebook.com/events/1473484446259981/

D

Deleted member

oh look I don't go to school Friday

Time to go to IaB and take moneys

mmm delicious

Xeredge

Smash Rookie
NNID
Xeredge
3DS FC
3711-7996-3422
Where is this located? Is it at Infinity's home or is it the FX gaming place?

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
Since this wasn't posted here, figure I'll mention that there is no weekly this week, for obvious reasons.

Enjoy your thanksgiving dinners!

titoman

Smash Rookie
how does this work? do we just show up or do we have to confirm 1st? this would be my first time attending any event.

titoman

Smash Rookie
how does this work. do we confirm first or do we just show up at the location? this is my first time trying this out. help anyone

D

Deleted member

how does this work. do we confirm first or do we just show up at the location? this is my first time trying this out. help anyone
You show up before sign ups end, you pay five dollar venue and then the five dollar singles (an extra five if you want to play doubles), and then Infinity will announce the general rules after the bracket is made.

titoman

Smash Rookie
You show up before sign ups end, you pay five dollar venue and then the five dollar singles (an extra five if you want to play doubles), and then Infinity will announce the general rules after the bracket is made.
do we need to bring our own control?

rock12et

Smash Apprentice
NNID
rock12et
Switch FC
7918-6826-7763
if some one live clost to Lake Worth Blvd, I ma running tournaments there go my page for more detals

Top Bottom