• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[May 10-11, 2014] Get On My Level 2014 - MLG Qualifier : Brawl/Melee (Toronto)

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Anyone want to team? I play MK in teams, Olimar and 'Zss' as secondaries if you're a mk or GnW. Doubles is my specialty : )
Lights, my chances of coming to this are kinda high. Want to team with this little old :metaknight:???

Last edited:

idea

Smash Master
There are lots of ways to get into York on public transit since so many of the students commute rather than live nearby. For the TTC, the easiest way is to get to Downsview station then take the 196 or 106 bus (196 is faster - more direct route). Likewise, from York the easiest way back to the subway is the 196A or 196B. The 196B goes to Downsview, then Sheppard, and from Sheppard goes to Downsview, then York, so if Sheppard Station is more accessible for you then that's a good option. Also the 196D apparently goes from Sheppard straight to Downsview and stops there.

Once you get to the York bus arrival area, you're right by the main food court. To get to Founders you essentially just want to walk North and follow all the big red signs. If you see a mini basketball court you know you're going the right way.

Map of York campus: http://maps.info.yorku.ca/files/2013/02/KEELE_Map_May-2013.pdf

This is probably in the main post somewhere but yeah :p

Last edited:

cemo

white walker
got my megabus ticket booked, i think there will be a few cars from montreal too. get at canada's level, americans.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
There are lots of ways to get into York on public transit since so many of the students commute rather than live nearby. For the TTC, the easiest way is to get to Downsview station then take the 196 or 106 bus (196 is faster - more direct route). Likewise, from York the easiest way back to the subway is the 196A or 196B. The 196B goes to Downsview, then Sheppard, and from Sheppard goes to Downsview, then York, so if Sheppard Station is more accessible for you then that's a good option. Also the 196D apparently goes from Sheppard straight to Downsview and stops there.

Once you get to the York bus arrival area, you're right by the main food court. To get to Founders you essentially just want to walk North and follow all the big red signs. If you see a mini basketball court you know you're going the right way.

Map of York campus: http://maps.info.yorku.ca/files/2013/02/KEELE_Map_May-2013.pdf

This is probably in the main post somewhere but yeah :p
Thanks for the information, quick follow up question, how much do the buses cost? I already have to pay 20 bucks for train + subway, don't wanna have to pay too much more lol. No venue fee makes things easier though :)

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Thanks for the information, quick follow up question, how much do the buses cost? I already have to pay 20 bucks for train + subway, don't wanna have to pay too much more lol. No venue fee makes things easier though :)
With the TTC if you paid for the subway then the same fare will also pay for your next bus ride (assuming you don't leave the station, try to reenter and then get on the bus or some stupid **** like that)

So there should be no price increase between transportation for this tourney and for our locals

idea

Smash Master
if you're already on the subway, the bus from downsview station to york is free, but the bus from york back to downsview is $3. that's how the ttc works - $3 to get into the subway system OR get on one bus.

(irrelevant information for future reference: once you're on one bus you can ask the driver for a "transfer" which can be used for 2 more connecting buses, BUT you won't have to do that in this case since the buses go directly between subway stations and you never have to get off at a separate stop somewhere.)

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
With the TTC if you paid for the subway then the same fare will also pay for your next bus ride (assuming you don't leave the station, try to reenter and then get on the bus or some stupid **** like that)

So there should be no price increase between transportation for this tourney and for our locals
if you're already on the subway, the bus from downsview station to york is free, but the bus from york back to downsview is $3. that's how the ttc works - $3 to get into the subway system OR get on one bus.

(irrelevant information for future reference: once you're on one bus you can ask the driver for a "transfer" which can be used for 2 more connecting buses, BUT you won't have to do that in this case since the buses go directly between subway stations and you never have to get off at a separate stop somewhere.)
You guys are both awesome, thanks!

With transportation being a non-issue, I should be able to go to this if nothing comes up. Only for day 1 though cuz Sunday is Mother's Day :p

Free venue means I'll have money to spare :O Maybe I'll enter Melee...

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
TO Joe is lookin hella legit right now. I respect the hell outta that guy. And stef, how far are you from the venue?

Rongunshu

Smash Apprentice
I would love to go but I main PM and I'm just awful melee... I can bring wii with PM if it's put though :)

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
TO Joe is lookin hella legit right now. I respect the hell outta that guy. And stef, how far are you from the venue?
IT's on a weekend, so it will take significantly longer to get there than it would on a weekday, so im guessing like half an hour

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Ill likely just get a hotel room for a night with people.

also, im looking for a brawl teams partner. im nice in teams. at impulse, i played with that one game and watch player (I think he mains marth now) whos name starts with an I. and we placed really well for two people who met 10 minutes before our first match.

Inle~Orichas

Smash Journeyman
Omg KID, that was me. (Incidentally I have used and still use both Marth and G&W, well before Impulse 2)

Wanna go again?

Also I guess that means I'm attending wooooo~

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Im actually coming to this specifically because I cant make toryuken due to some major obligations that week.

And Inle, if youre down, im down. I think we got 9th last time, so were going for top 8 or bust this time!

Top Bottom