• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest [May 1, 2015] Shockwave - Smash 4 weekly (Plano, Tx)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
http://www.tourneylocator.com/tourney/20482

Event(s) for this weekly:

Smash 4 3DS Singles!

$5 Venue Fee
$5 Entry

The rules for each weekly will be based on the next upcoming national-level tournament that members of DFW will be attending. This week's rule set is: ...no national coming up, so we'll use our own :p

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals will be best 3 out of 5. All other sets will be best 2/3.

* 2 stock

* 5 minute timer

Stages:

Starters:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island

Counterpick:
Prism Tower
Any 'For Glory' stage

* Choosing a starter is done by a stage-striking process. The player with the lower seeding chooses which stage to strike first, then the player with the higher seeding chooses which stage to strike second and the last stage remaining is the starter stage.

* The player who did not win the most recent game chooses the stage during counterpicking. There are no stage bans.

* Items set to “off” and “none.”

* Either player may call for a Double Blind character selection for the first match.

* This event will be using a modified Dave's Stupid Rule - players are not allowed to counterpick to the stage where they most recently won.

* For doubles, should we decide to host as part of the event, Team Attack is on and life stealing is allowed. Remember that Attack+Special, not the Pause button, is used to steal lives.

* Pausing during a match, unless okayed by the other player, will result in the loss of one stock for the pauser.

* Quitting out of a match before it is over will result in a loss for the quitter.

* If time runs out, the person with the most stock left (or least % if they are equal) wins. If the % is equal as well, play a 1 stock 3 minute match, same characters and stage.

* If the match goes to sudden death due to a suicide move (Ganon’s side-B, Kirby/DDD’s swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the one who initiated the move wins.

* Custom controls are allowed, but controllers modified to enhance performance are not. This includes modifying your 3DS to allow utilization of a GameCube controller.

* No excessive stalling. You know what this means.

* No coaching during a match. Consulting someone between matches is allowed as long as the match finishes within the designated time frame.

* Both players may agree to any rule or stage outside the tournament ruleset; this does not include extending match times in Swiss rounds.

* Equipment and custom moves are NOT allowed in the main event.

Blitzern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blitzern
Had an awesome time yesterday! My 1st tourney and I got my butt kicked in doubles and the one singles match I got to play b4 I had to leave. Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to make it out to another Shockwave because its 1+ hours away, and that's to far for anyone to want to drive me.

OPG Nvious

Smash Rookie
What's up Smash bros. I'm new to community...or at least new to these forms. Looking forward to seeing how people develop in smash 4. I'm looking forward to this tournament. See you all there!!

Oh...and if anyone wants things like pictures, logo's for pages for your profile as a gamer, I am a Graphic Designer and would be more than happy to design something for you guy's. Let me know.

10xranch

Smash Rookie
Hi all. Me and one of my friends will probably come. We're both young so if you see 2 young people, and by young people I mean kids, that will probably be us. :)

Doctor_Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Plat002
3DS FC
0259-0882-5580
What's up Smash bros. I'm new to community...or at least new to these forms. Looking forward to seeing how people develop in smash 4. I'm looking forward to this tournament. See you all there!!

Oh...and if anyone wants things like pictures, logo's for pages for your profile as a gamer, I am a Graphic Designer and would be more than happy to design something for you guy's. Let me know.
Can you get me one of Toon Link holding a Megavitamin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom