• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Maxwell for Switch Smash

Astra_

Smash Cadet

Hello everyone!
I believe Maxwell would be a great 3rd party fighter for Switch Smash because he is a unique and known character, but is often not thought of as a character that could be in Smash Bros.

There are also a variety of moves they could make for Maxwell because of the game he comes from

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Maxwell is one of my most wanted third party characters. A summoner moveset would be amazing.

I might toss together a moveset later.

Astra_

Smash Cadet
I think he could summon weapons sort of like Shulk's Manado arts

SaltySpud

Smash Rookie
I think he could summon weapons sort of like Shulk's Manado arts
Actually, I had a thought about this.
If we don't get a Maxwell character in the next Smash, it would be possible to re-skin Shulk to be him.
Ex: Monado Art's = Notepad. Jump would equal jetpack, etc.
The problem is that Shulk uses a sword in almost all of his moves and it just wouldn't be Maxwell :/
I'm all for a Maxwell in 5mash.
also, moderators, apologies if this counts as a necro. It was in the support directory though

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I wonder how he would work?
Maxwell's been a pipe dream of mine for awhile. I've imagined him as a summoner, similar to Villager. Scribblenauts' whole thing is make anything you can think of, anything else would be a disservice.

Anyways, I support him. I think Thomas Jefferson is more likely, but you never know.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Have not seen how nuGargos works.
So basically, in Killer Instinct, Gargos can spend meter to summon one of two minions: Izzik and Dretch. Izzik is slow moving and only dies in two hits, but he makes up for it with reach and anti-air capability with a trident. Dretch is faster and dies in three hits, and does a belly flop on the opponent. Gargos also has the ability to command his minions to either attack the opponent or stay close to him to protect him. After ten seconds of being active, Izzik and/or Dretch will have purple smoke surrounding them. This is an indicator that Gargos can issue a Kill Command, a special attack that is more powerful than the usual auto-attacks they do. Izzik will perform a top spin that deals multiple hits while Dretch jumps really high before bellyflopping on the opponent. Both minions can be out simultaneously.

TL;DR: Gargos can summon two minions that he can command to either protect him or attack the opponent.

I would imagine that if Maxwell makes it in, he could take a few cues from Gargos' minions, minus the Kill Command.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Sribblenauts has come back from the dead recently so there's hope.

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
Never played it before. I'm planning on getting Scribblenauts Unlimited for my 3DS. I support!

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I made a specials moveset for him. I may expand on it soon.

Neutral B: Adjective. Maxwell applies an adjective to either him or an opponent. If applied to him it acts like one of Shulk's Monado arts, but applied to an enemy it's a nerf.

Side B: Drive-Through. Maxwell summons a vehicle at random to run away or into battle. There are multiple possibilities with varying speed, power, and special abilities.

Up-B: Magic Globe. Maxwell uses his sister's magic globe to teleport back onto the stage. after a second or two he disappears and reappears in a swarm of yellow light. It's near identical to Zelda's up B

Down B: Wall. Maxwell summons a wall. It can be attacked and if hit into an opponent it does huge damage and breaks their shield near instantly, and it can also be used as a platform. It takes about 15 seconds to despawn and only one can be active at a time.

Also is the OP still here?

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
The possibilities are pretty much endless with this guy. I can totally see Sakurai making him into a super gimmicky fighter, which I approve.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
If you think about it, Maxwell would've survived the WoL trailer with ease.

1. He has the globe. Most of the characters with teleports survived a little longer than the rest. Even if he didn't have the other factor, he would've stood a slim chance.

2. Adjectives. He could just apply "invincible" to himself and he'd be fine. Not to mention he could just "gone" Galeem.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
If you think about it, Maxwell would've survived the WoL trailer with ease.

1. He has the globe. Most of the characters with teleports survived a little longer than the rest. Even if he didn't have the other factor, he would've stood a slim chance.

2. Adjectives. He could just apply "invincible" to himself and he'd be fine. Not to mention he could just "gone" Galeem.
They'd probably have him drop his pencil or something to keep him from appearing OP. Still, he'd more-than-likely fare better than most since his creativity would allow him to block off some of the beams.

Ez Quinn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EZ Quinn
3DS FC
2810-2492-6140
Switch FC
8449-9291-0216
*sigh* I’ve been thinking about this for a while and you guys have convinced me I’m now officially on the bandwagon for maxwell in smash.

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I kind of tried to bury my want for Maxwell along time ago since I thought he could never get in Smash, but with how crazy and unpredictable speculation has been getting lately I might as well revive my support for one of my favorite DS series characters.

I'm currently working on a move set for Maxwell, which is harder than it sounds since he has UNLIMITED POTENTIAL. Figuring out a way to encapsulating that potential into a Smash move set will take some creative thinking. Either way his recovery has to involve the winged polka-dot bathtub.

Ez Quinn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EZ Quinn
3DS FC
2810-2492-6140
Switch FC
8449-9291-0216
What about Sakurai's recent appearance in a gaming tournament in japan

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/sakurai-teases-new-smash-bros-dlc-fighter/

Now take this with a grain of salt. Translating languages is always tricky because not every word directly has a counterpart. Meaning some of the meaning can be lost. Anyways he may mean that its a character not a lot of the world will recognize OR he literally means the entire world doesn't know who the "fighter" is. As in Who is DLC 5. Only Nintendo/smash's dev team know.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I will lend my support. Maxwell's moveset potential is limitless. The moveset writes itself (pun intended). Here are just some ideas I came up with

Up B: Jetpack, spaceship, plane

Side B: drives into opponents with vehicle, tennis racket, lawn mower

Neutral B: I like the concept of Maxwell being able to use buffs and debuffs.

Down B: Traps (net, electric, explosive), set up something like a turret, etc.

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
They're rating Maxwell over in RTC right now, actually!

I'd also like to take this opportunity to say that I'm absolutely a supporter of Maxwell.

Top Bottom