• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Maximillian Is Making An 'Assist Me!' Series for Smash Bros.

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Maximillian, fighting game hype man and all around awesome dood (his spelling, not mine) is creating an Assist Me! series of videos highlighting the new Smash 4 games. For those who are unaware, Maximillian's Assist Me series of videos first came into being as a live-action, humor-infused tutorial for Marvel vs. Capcom 3. In these videos, Max and Doctor Doom of Marvel fame go on several hilarious and ridiculous adventures while meeting other fighting game characters along the way. All the while, viewers are taught the basics of these characters and the game system itself, giving players who are new to fighting games a foundation to work from.

Assist Me! is coming to Smash!
Maximillian is an excellent force in the FGC and has always been friendly towards the Smash Bros. scene. His YouTube channel has tons of videos on other games as well, including some recent stuff on Smash 4 like this 8 Player Smash highlight video. Give his stuff a look if you're into fighting games, hype, and people having fun playing games.

The Derrit is excited to see Assist Me! Smash. He loved watching the MvC version, and has faith it will be hilarious. Follow him on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Uh, Max isn't exactly an expert on smash brothers compared to the rest of the fighting games he's played. I do wonder how this will turn out.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I don't mean this in an offensive way, but how are you always able to comment on these things within minutes of posting? It blows my mind.
Let's just say I'm a fast guy, but it also depends on what I'm posting from and if I really do care for the post in question.

Though, really, I don't always get first comment on these things.

Cute to know I impress someone with this :seuss:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Guess I wasn't the only one who thought Smash could use more Finger Lasers. :colorful:

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
This is exciting! I kinda wish he'd do it for Melee just because he tends to go really deep in to technicality and there's more to explore there that fits his style, but this'll be very good for new players in any of the games :)

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Uh, Max isn't exactly an expert on smash brothers compared to the rest of the fighting games he's played. I do wonder how this will turn out.
He has others helping him out.

And it isn't an exhaustive list of every do and don't it's a basic almost intro level tutorial to the game. It will likely go over the diferences between tilts and smashes, simple concepts like spacing and baiting, and simple character independant techs like b reversals, turn around B, pivot tilts.

But I wouldn't care if I was play at M2Ks level right now. I'd bw watching these regardless. My hope is that the community doesn't get all high and mighty and try to tell him how to make these videos, though Max doesn't seem to be the type to let something like that phase him even if it did happen.

YoPoYo9100

Smash Apprentice
Great. I like this guys Boss Rage vids, I haven't seen any of the Assist Me! episodes but I'm looking forward to watching this one.

many37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
many37
3DS FC
2423-4448-6030
Thats pretty cool. Havent seen Max doing an Assist Me in a while.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Honestly, I never heard of this until now, but that Link with the beard/eyepatch instantly made me a fan (and based off the article, the vids sounds hilarious/informative, which is also nice). Now... time to catch up on EVERYTHING. I'm especially interested in the Smash Assist Me vids, though.

Last edited:

HyruleSmasher

Smash Cadet
Any series should be great, more exposure for the Rockies of smash bros.. and it should be fun. i'm open for surprises :):idea::smash:

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
This is exciting! I kinda wish he'd do it for Melee just because he tends to go really deep in to technicality and there's more to explore there that fits his style, but this'll be very good for new players in any of the games :)
As much of a melee fan as I am there would never be an assist me for the game. What ever even made melee cross your mind? There's still a lot of depth to be had in smash 4 that a lot of people just brush off. Please don't make this a smash 4 vs melee thread.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
As much of a melee fan as I am there would never be an assist me for the game. What ever even made melee cross your mind? There's still a lot of depth to be had in smash 4 that a lot of people just brush off. Please don't make this a smash 4 vs melee thread.
I agree with this, alot actually. But I don't think he intentionally wanted this to become a Smash 4 vs Melee thread :p

Last edited:

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
This is going to be awesome! I'm hyped for this. Will it be a series or a simple singular video?

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
This is awesome, it's been a while since the last Assist Me. And it's Smash related.

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
Alright!! :chuckle: I've been waiting for Smash to be featured on Assist Me for a longtime! If competitive games like UMvC3 and KI can be featured, so can Sm4sh. :)

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Definitely don't mean this to be a "vs" thread.

Why wouldn't there be an assist me for Melee though? You say it like it's impossible. Melee is at a competitive peak right now and one of the biggest fighting games there is at the moment. Smash 4's growing rapidly. Both are great, but Smash 4 knowledge is all "new"- Melee has a lot of established things to teach, whereas anything taught in Smash 4 is subject to being looked as very very basic in a few years.

Primarily, the reason that it came to mind is that I played Brawl, then Project M competitively, and am simultaneously learning and moving to Smash 4 and Melee at the moment. Smash 4's been fairly easy to pick up compared to Melee, so of the two I'd personally benefit from Melee stuff more I feel, and there's just more stuff to teach readily available.

Last edited:
Top Bottom