• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Max Brass Commissions a Fight! - The ARMS League Commish Support Thread [Legendary Spirit!]

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
I put Brass up there with Helix and Dr. Coyle as most likely. It only makes sense if the main hero's an AT to have the main antagonist be a Fighter.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Personally, due to the series lore: I think Max Brass would be the best choice for a character.

I’ve seen people associate Max as the “villain” of the series and that’s furthest thing. He’s cocky yes, but he’s also the leader of the Arms league. Dr. Coyle is the series villain.
I think that's just people thinking that "antagonist" and "villain" are the same word.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
But he’s not an antagonist either, he’s just the head.
He's the final boss of the Grand Prix... well, the first final boss it has, at least. :lol:

That, in and of itself, makes him an antagonist, because he acts as an opposition to the protagonist (aka you).

Even in-game, he's arguably the main antagonist for most of the game, because until Coyle's involvement at the last stage, the whole point of the GP is to see who will face Max Brass in the grand finals to see if they can defeat him and become the new champion.

But he's still a good guy because antagonists aren't necessarily evil, they're just rivals or obstacles to the protagonist.

Last edited:

RocksteadyBebop

Banned via Warnings
He's the final boss of the Grand Prix... well, the first final boss it has, at least. :lol:

That, in and of itself, makes him an antagonist, because he acts as an opposition to the protagonist (aka you).

Even in-game, he's arguably the main antagonist for most of the game, because until Coyle's involvement at the last stage, the whole point of the GP is to see who will face Max Brass in the grand finals to see if they can defeat him and become the new champion.

But he's still a good guy because antagonists aren't necessarily evil, they're just rivals or obstacles to the protagonist.
Alright, I can agree with you here!
Regardless, a Smash with Max Brass is the timeline I want.

Laniv

Smash Lord
I support, I can definitely see this guy as a face-type counterpart to the heel Incineroar.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Personally, due to the series lore: I think Max Brass would be the best choice for a character.

I’ve seen people associate Max as the “villain” of the series and that’s furthest thing. He’s cocky yes, but he’s also the leader of the Arms league. Dr. Coyle is the series villain.
yeah or arguments could be made for hedlock

RocksteadyBebop

Banned via Warnings
I’m hoping for the idea of switching arms abilities. Maybe that would be the down special!

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Joking aside, I did write a whole moveset in the first post.

Probably not gonna happen, but I think the idea of replicating the control scheme would be neat.

Laniv

Smash Lord
I hope if he gets in, he makes like Incineroar and poses/flexes/shows off if he lands certain attacks

RocksteadyBebop

Banned via Warnings
I was thinking of a reveal Trailer that starts with incineroar beating the other smash characters from where his trailer left off and while incineroar is gloating a fist comes flighting across the screen smacking Incineroar away.

The camera would pan upward and focus on Max Brass at the entrance to the ring who would then do his flexing and “MaXu BrAsU” thing he says.

Gameplay portion. I can’t really think of an ending unless they do a “surprise echo fighter” for thing. In which I’d think maybe Dr. Coyle shows up and challenges her old lover.

I don’t know! Just a thought!

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I was thinking of a reveal Trailer that starts with incineroar beating the other smash characters from where his trailer left off and while incineroar is gloating a fist comes flighting across the screen smacking Incineroar away.

The camera would pan upward and focus on Max Brass at the entrance to the ring who would then do his flexing and “MaXu BrAsU” thing he says.

Gameplay portion. I can’t really think of an ending unless they do a “surprise echo fighter” for thing. In which I’d think maybe Dr. Coyle shows up and challenges her old lover.

I don’t know! Just a thought!
Gameplay portion would need to have him taunt alongside Captain Falcon.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
Here's an image leak i found for Bax Mrass.

I already see you, rolling your eyes at the sight of yet another blurry image leak but as some people have pointed out, the render is completely original.
Also, if you look at his gloves a bit closer, you'll discover that they're neither the Toasters or his classic "champ" glove.

All in all, it's probably fake but it's nice to see that someone would put so much effort into making such a clean, professional looking render for our favorite chadster.

Edit : It's already confirmed fake but still, kudos to the maker of the model

Last edited:

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Guys, hey, what colors should he have? (sorry about the double posts)

Last edited:

AaronOfDoom77

Smash Rookie
I don’t even like ARMS, but I had a dream last night that Max Brass was confirmed for Smash.

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Nice to see other Max Brass Maniacs :p
Awww thanks. ;) I heard about ARMS back in 2018 and was sort of intrigued by the fact that it looked cool. Not to mention that it was a new Nintendo IP that was actually getting a good fanbase a lot because of the characters. Once I finally bought the game I ended up becoming a fan, with Max Brass and Helix among my faves. I'm just glad Nintendo hasn't abandoned ARMS seeing that a character is going to get into Smash. Heck, it might become more popular as a result. :) I do wonder if Max is chosen, his final boss in the 1P route might be Captain Falcon, although it'd be amusing to see him fight Master and Crazy Hand together. :)

D

Deleted member

Add me on the list too!

I was away from Smashboards for awhile due to needing a break from speculation and kinda losing interest for awhile but since I'm back I gotta say Max Brass would be my most wanted ARMS character as his personality is just so charming, it'd be a nice parallel with him and Springy Boi as far as ARMS representation goes, His theme is great, his character design is cool too and so on so forth. He'd just be great.

Let's get the Champ in Smash!

Top Bottom